Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mackie924

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
All the more reason for apple to take their customary approach of only implementing a feature when they’ve figured out how to do it well rather than simply how do it the soonest.

Apple fanboy nonsense. Samsung and Google have implemented AOD expertly on their phones, and have done so for a long time now.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Give me my 14PM, please. Lol. Sad part is, I don’t have a good reason to upgrade.
it’s not sad lol who cares. people upgrade their car every year and other things every year.

every iPhone improves upon the last (for the most part) and I personally upgrade every year. it’s also my most used device so I feel like it makes sense. even if there’s no “reason” to upgrade.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I don’t understand why people are complaining about the iPhone gaining an optional feature. I’d surely use it. I love having it on my Note 20. No issues whatsoever aside from very slight battery impact.

Do you think said feature costs nothing to design and implement? Sure, I could turn off the AOD feature on my Apple Watch, but I would also be paying extra for a feature I am not using.

Mackie924

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
Do you think said feature costs nothing to design and implement? Sure, I could turn off the AOD feature on my Apple Watch, but I would also be paying extra for a feature I am not using.
Right, implementing software changes are a waste of time and money if you don't personally benefit from it. Y'all will complain about anything.

Last edited:

Hails09

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2022
This is hardly surprising as when you look at the new Lock Screen & the rumoured 1hz display tech. They need additional things to up sell customers not just slightly better battery & cameras.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
it’s not sad lol who cares. people upgrade their car every year and other things every year.

every iPhone improves upon the last (for the most part) and I personally upgrade every year. it’s also my most used device so I feel like it makes sense. even if there’s no “reason” to upgrade.
I see your point. Not that money is an issue, but I pay for my phones outright so that’s $1,200 every year for the Max. I’d do it without hesitation if I was on contract and some type of upgrade plan. But we shall see what the 14PM offers.

Reactions: newyorksole

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I see your point. Not that money is an issue, but I pay for my phones outright so that’s $1,200 every year for the Max. I’d do it without hesitation if I was on contract and some type of upgrade plan. But we shall see what the 14PM offers.
ah, that's a different story. I sell mine every year and use it towards the new one and never pay more than like $200-$300 extra.

I'm curious what the 14PM will have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.