Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I hope it's not a 4.3....I have stubby thumbs and have real trouble easily reaching everything on a 4.3" screen...4" would be great, but I would have a real decision to make if it's a 4.3...not sure I want something that big.

cinek

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2011
btw the charge/pc connector seems massive on this case, I doubt apple will make it any bigger, it'll either stay the same or get smaller

Stein357

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Rip City
Apple moving the volume buttons/switcher to the right side of the phone would make sense as the iPad's is. Also if they do, when you turn the phone to watch a video, the volume buttons will be facing the right way. No, but default, they don't.

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Really? I don't own an iPod touch 4 so I can only go by the specs.... My point was if the iPhone gets a bigger screen wouldn't the iPod touch follow in size?

I'm surprised too! I thought the screens had the same quality.

Anyways, I agree with your point, and that guy was getting off-topic. If this is a 5th gen iPod case, it would be more than likely that the iP5 has a screen size just like it, but is thicker. (obviously that case looks a little too thin to hold a phone...)

lucas123

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
My guess...

(almost) 5" screen. (half iPad size)

IOS 5.

5th anniversary of the iPhone.

= iPhone 5.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
One thing all these cases are showing is that whatever they're for is a helluva lot taller than the current iPhone and there's no realistic reason for the iPhone to get taller. A bit wider for a larger screen, sure, but not taller. I don't think those cases are for the iPhone 5 at all. Perhaps a knock off, but Apple wouldn't make the phone that much taller. It would just add to it being a huge behemoth and no one wants that.

Sherifftruman

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Completely alienating 90% of the installed iPhone userbase. No one wants to use a 5 inch phone.

Yeah, there may be a few times that I might wish the screen was bigger, but I can always hold the phone closer to my eyes, I can't make it shrink down to fit in my pocket.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Completely alienating 90% of the installed iPhone userbase. No one wants to use a 5 inch phone.

Correction

No wants a 5" phone because there is no 5" iphone out there yet, once there is then everyone will want one.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Correction

No wants a 5" phone because there is no 5" iphone out there yet, once there is then everyone will want one.
We can be pretty darn sure there's never going to be a 5" iPhone. I think it's a bit of a stretch expecting a 4" iPhone (and I want one desperately). I think Apple is just arrogant enough to stick with 3.5, maybe 3.7 and that's it.

I'll be the first to shout praise from the rafters if we get a 4" iPhone next month, that's for sure. If Apple sticks with 3.5" then I will not let the door hit me in the ass on the way out.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
I hope it's not a 4.3....I have stubby thumbs and have real trouble easily reaching everything on a 4.3" screen...4" would be great, but I would have a real decision to make if it's a 4.3...not sure I want something that big.

have you tried any stretching exercises?

kenslocum

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2011
Why hasn't anybody mentioned that in one picture the iPhone 4 is too thick to fit under the lip of the new case and in another (when is pushed into the upper right corner) is fits snuggly under? Seems doctored to me?

Ken

bad03xtreme

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
Northern, VA
Why hasn't anybody mentioned that in one picture the iPhone 4 is too thick to fit under the lip of the new case and in another (when is pushed into the upper right corner) is fits snuggly under? Seems doctored to me?

Ken

It looks like it's just rubber or something of that nature so I assume it stretches a bit.

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011

Ken

This is due to the rumored teardrop shape

Bag302

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009

Ken

There are rumors of a tapered design

kenslocum

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2011
This is due to the rumored teardrop shape

The first picture shows a top down view of the case and iPhone 4. The case looks to be about 50% thinner than the phone at that point (which should be the thickest part, according to rumors). I have a hard time believing that the rubber could stretch that much... but it does look a little warped in the last picture, near the 30 pin port, suggesting that it is stretched over it... either way I am pumped for the new phone!! :D

seisend

Suspended
Feb 20, 2009
Switzerland
I think the cover is an actual iPhone 5 cover.
Looks like it will be the smallest Phone on the world like stated in the rumors. Also with big screen.

I'd bet 1000 Dollar that this is the cover of the iPhone 5.

bad03xtreme

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
Northern, VA
Why is there no speaker in this picture, is this an iPod Touch? :confused:
img_4086.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.