Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cczhu

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2018
I have Apple Music single user account. When trying to stream Apple Music on both HomePod and Apple TV 4K , the music on one devices stops. For example, I got the following message on my Apple TV 4K (while playing music) when asking Siri to play music on the HomePod.

"Playback stopped (Another device is currently playing songs on Apple Music)"

I thought HomePod doesn't count toward Apple Music device limitation?
"https://www.macrumors.com/2018/02/07/homepod-streams-dont-count/"

For reference, I can play Apple Music on my Mac and HomePod at the same time though.

Is this expected or rather a issue?

A side note, after the 11.4 upgrade on HomePod, did anyone notice that Siri "hearing" ability is sometimes decreased? i.e. sometimes it just cannot hear me.

Thanks!

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I have Apple Music single user account. When trying to stream Apple Music on both HomePod and Apple TV 4K , the music on one devices stops. For example, I got the following message on my Apple TV 4K (while playing music) when asking Siri to play music on the HomePod.

"Playback stopped (Another device is currently playing songs on Apple Music)"

I thought HomePod doesn't count toward Apple Music device limitation?
"https://www.macrumors.com/2018/02/07/homepod-streams-dont-count/"

For reference, I can play Apple Music on my Mac and HomePod at the same time though.

Is this expected or rather a issue?

A side note, after the 11.4 upgrade on HomePod, did anyone notice that Siri "hearing" ability is sometimes decreased? i.e. sometimes it just cannot hear me.

Thanks!
Do you mean 2 different tracks or playing the same track on the Apple TV and HomePod?

I was able to play the same track on my HomePod and Apple TV just now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.