Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After publishing a series of press releases today announcing HomePod mini availability in several additional countries later this month, Apple has updated its Danish regional store to indicate the smart speaker will launch in Denmark in spring 2023, priced at 899 Krone.

homepod-mini-denmark-1.jpg

Denmark was originally expected to see a local HomePod mini launch in tandem with Finland, Norway, and Sweden, based on the fact that Siri on HomePod was updated earlier this year to support those countries' respective languages.

The speaker launches in Finland, Norway, and Sweden on December 13. However, for whatever reason, Apple customers in Denmark will have to wait for a few more months. Meanwhile, in a surprise twist, Apple today also announced HomePod mini availability in South Africa, on the slightly later date of December 19.

First released in October 2020, the HomePod mini is currently available in 20 countries and territories, including the United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom.

(Thanks, William!)

Article Link: HomePod Mini Coming to Denmark in the Spring, Says Apple

Last edited:

TorbenIbsen

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2021
Wow, they didn't already have them.
No, sadly. I live in Denmark. - I think it is a Siri issue. Siri has to learn to speak (more) Danish in order to be used as you can do in English and other "big" languages. We have the same situation with Siri on the Apple TV 4K. Does not work in Danish. The same goes for the "Scribble" feature on the various devices.

However, it is possible to buy Homepod Mini in Denmark anyway. Some Internet shops imports them from our next door naigbour, Germany. So we have them in our house. Super sound for such small devices.

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
No, sadly. I live in Denmark. - I think it is a Siri issue. Siri has to learn to speak (more) Danish in order to be used as you can do in English and other "big" languages. We have the same situation with Siri on the Apple TV 4K. Does not work in Danish. The same goes for the "Scribble" feature on the various devices.

However, it is possible to buy Homepod Mini in Denmark anyway. Some Internet shops imports them from our next door naigbour, Germany. So we have them in our house. Super sound for such small devices.

I just bought one, they're fantastic.

That's a shame about not having Danish language support, I hope it significantly improves.

Reactions: centauratlas

CheesePuff

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Southwest Florida, USA
Tried one in an Apple Store one day. Can't say I was impressed.
Never heard the original HomePod, but my guess is they sounded (a lot) better?
Yes, the OG HomePods were great, I had two of them paired in stereo mode and if you closed your eyes it literally sounded like a center vocal speaker was right in front of you. Bass was great, especially for still a relatively small device.

The mini's are the best sound quality you can get for size ratio though IMO.

Boidem

Suspended
Nov 16, 2022
Tried one in an Apple Store one day. Can't say I was impressed.
Never heard the original HomePod, but my guess is they sounded (a lot) better?
An Apple shop is quite possibly the worst kind of environment for trying to listen to anything, particularly a small speaker like a HPM. I've heard one in a smallish room, and it sounded pretty good, although not as good as an original Homepod, of which I have two. I think the Mini would be good for closer listening such as on a desk, or bedside table etc. Personally, I found the clarity a lot better than other comparable speakers. You can get ones that are louder, sure, but don't produce such good sound. Quite remarkable for such a tiny thing really.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark

As a fellow dane, the amount of stuff you can talk to Siri about on iPhone and Apple Watch would be enough for most (if not all?) Just launch it already

Reactions: rmariboe

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2015
An Apple shop is quite possibly the worst kind of environment for trying to listen to anything, particularly a small speaker like a HPM. I've heard one in a smallish room, and it sounded pretty good, although not as good as an original Homepod, of which I have two. I think the Mini would be good for closer listening such as on a desk, or bedside table etc. Personally, I found the clarity a lot better than other comparable speakers. You can get ones that are louder, sure, but don't produce such good sound. Quite remarkable for such a tiny thing really.

Agree with this it's a brilliant speaker for the size. It's also one of the most competitively priced Apple products going, you can get almost 7 of these for the price of an AirPods Max.

Reactions: centauratlas

apparatchik

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008
With only about 6M speakers is actually remarkable they’re supporting Danish at all. I’d guess a good portion of the Danish population speak English or German as well and could just use that.

Hamsterhjulet

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
Denmark
That’s great news! Really hope that apple rolls out more thing in Denmark. Would love things like QuickType, Swipe to type and cycling routes on Apple Maps to be available here too

Boidem

Suspended
Nov 16, 2022
I've seen Borgen, The Bridge and The Killing and it's clear that Danes can speak like 20 languages fluently so don't need a Danish version of Siri or any of the voice assistant.

Rygaard

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Denmark

for all I care they can give up Danish if they just make the damn thing work (im danish) why cant i just use Siri in English om my Apple TV ? ohh no you cant because it is in a different region... so you cant.. you see... but yes it would be nice if it would work in danish as well.

but siri has so many flaws.

I call my Girlfriend/wife EVERY day, her name is Katrine - I have not in the past 3 years called another contact Named "Katrine - old work" ... guess who SIRI think i want to call every time

Reactions: rmariboe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.