Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
• Less bezel on sides and a bit less on top/bottom.
• Better battery.
• Less iOS bugs.
• An iPhone 5-like design.
• USB-C

= Happy camper.

Better battery and less iOS bugs ain't part of "new" design. These are features you'd like to have.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Less bezels will definitely create huge usability issues unless they come up with some clever palm rejection techniques.

infamousnxtAir

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2017
Europe
  • Ceramic/Glass back (Ceramic like Xiaomi Mi Mix - which has ridiculously high price - it is more expensive than 7/7plus OR Glass like the Nexus 4)
  • No camera bump
  • !!!No annoying claping sound when you tap with finger your iPhone at the top part of the device!!!
  • Less fingerprint magnet display and back
  • Less space in the upper front panel of the phone in favor of bigger screen but still keep in semetric with the bottom part and keep the size of the phone.
  • Less rounded edges - sometimes it is hard to take the phone from flat surface.
Those are the first few things coming to my mind.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I'd like a square one then. Look forward to seeing that in a flat cell phone.

Why do you have to be nitpicking?

There were Square batteries made for various phones before. Examples below.

a4bae8811fba8a717660c7679831a6f8.jpg
22c101068b64f0db811674630afc498f.jpg

I'm not nitpicking, I'm saying battery is not part of the design. Nobody actually has a viable alternative design for the next iPhone.

Designing things is not as easy a piece of cake as people would like to think. That's all I'm saying.

Mr. Dominant

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2016
In no preferable order...

1. WIDE ANGLE FRONT CAMERA AND A WIDE ANGLE BACK CAMERA THAT IS OPTIONAL TO TOGGLE ON/ON. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. I NEED THE WIDE ANGLE. The only one thing that samsung galaxy has that I like; their front selfie camera is about 21mm, compared to iPhone's 32mm... I want to be able to take perfect group selfies!

2. Flush camera

3. No home button, want the entire screen to be used as display

4. A sweet spot between 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches, so about a 5.1 inches phone.
Larger battery

5. IP68 (completely waterproof)

6. NO WARM TONE DISPLAY. I want normal white and bright.

7. 512gb and 1TB space capacity

8. Thinner but stronger build

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.