Hope for 5.0 users!!!!!!!!! (Untethered Jailbreak for 5.0)MUST READ FOR 5.0 USERS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BlizzardBolt, Dec 27, 2011.

1. BlizzardBolt, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011

BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Chronic dev team says that 5.0 untether package for iOS5 will be released in Cydia in the next few days.

If you have one of the A4 devices listed above and are not using iOS 5.0.1 yet, you can update your iOS version now (though you should not update to 5.0.2 when it is released, or you will lose your jailbreak) or you can wait a few days max for our Corona 5.0 Untether package, which will be available in the Cydia store upon release.
    -http://greenpois0n.com/?p=150

That means for the people who are not on 5.0.1 YOU DO NOT HAVE TO update to 5.0.1, you can WAIT for the 5.0 Corona package to be released via Cydia and installing through Cydia for the untethered jailbreak.

This is an recommended route for 5.0 tethered users who do not wish to lose Cydia tweaks by updating to 5.0.1. Instead this "future" package for allow for the tweaks to remain on the device and it still can turn untethered

Do not try adding the 5.0.1 corona package if you are on 5.0 tethered, you will get a cannot comply error.

2. BlizzardBolt thread starter macrumors 6502

Also staying on 5.0 and waiting is preferred, if you do update to 5.0.1 one would have to re install their Cydia sources and packages which can be a hassle as BigBoss and other repositories are getting overloaded right now.

3. dgstan macrumors 6502a

This would have been nice to know about 3 hours ago, before I installed 5.01 and completely borked my phone. I was able to do a factory restore and grab a backup from iCloud, but now, redsn0w won't run on it. Kepp getting an "unexpected error" in Win XP.

4. BlizzardBolt thread starter macrumors 6502

Sir you are sadly mistakened, pod2g's jailbreak is for A4 devices on 5.0.1.

There is no untethered jailbreak for devices on 5.0. This corona untether package 5.0 will be released in the next few days.

Please read carefully next time.

----------

Aww man I feel you, I was going to update to 5.0.1 and then untethered it through redsn0w but I held off and just found this piece of good news.

Best luck to you and this should be helpful for other people who are still on 5.0 tethered. :D

5. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Man I wish I knew this earlier today, had a headache trying to get past that unknown error 21. Just to go from 5.0 tethered to 5.0.1 untethered. Couldn't update via OTA or iTunes, couldn't restore, but figured it out eventually.

6. BlizzardBolt thread starter macrumors 6502

How did you fix unknown error 21?

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Wish I freakin knew this at 6 AM this morning:(

8. BlizzardBolt thread starter macrumors 6502

At least you have an untethered JB:) how is it going right now?

Can't believe no one noticed this, Had I awoken at 6AM this morning, you can sure bet this would be here at the time, just found this several hours ago, hopeful that this can help the many users still tethered on 5.0 !

9. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It's been awful for me lol. Couple errors trying to restore, then springboard crashes, so I tried again. Much better now, but winterboard doesn't respring the phone (the only thing that will is intelliscreen X). The legacy theme that I copied to my desktop crashes so I had to redownload it and now I have to manually add my bundles. It all just takes so much time lol.

10. BlizzardBolt thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow,that's tough, I did not project to have this level of problems, seems 100% best for people to wait before jailbreaking untethered it seems.

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

honestly upgrading isn't that big of a deal if you have something like pkgbackup. takes me about 20-30 minutes to update jailbreak and download all my packages from cydia. (when the repo's are up. Also with the addition of Sborganizer everything goes exactly where it was. they are paid apps in Cydia but well worth it..

12. BlizzardBolt thread starter macrumors 6502

pkgbackup is a paid tweak and one that I could see using once in a blue moon.

I'd rather wait and install package, no need to bother buying other cydia tweaks or sort through future unforeseen problems.

Thanks for misleading me with the link you provided in my other thread, I'm fortunate right now to be still tethered under 5.0 instead of dealing with problems installing sources and packages from cydia.

13. Che Castro macrumors 603

14. srf4real macrumors 68040

srf4real

lol, yep I am working my ass off to get all my tweaks back from 5.0 to 5.0.1

Would gladly have waited a few days for a simpler path to untethered ah hahah. Oh well, early adopters get the shaft.. unlike the early bird.;):p

15. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

So, to get this straight, I'm on 5.0 and tethered right now. I can simply wait and there will be a corona for 5.0 users to go from tethered to untethered, without updating to 5.01?

16. BlizzardBolt thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly

As long as chronic dev team intends to release the untether package for 5.0 , tethered 5.0 users do not have to do anything.

however nothing is guaranteed though, we can only hope for its release until then, no untethered JB.

17. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I removed the line gs.apple.com in my host file that was redirecting to cydia, reboot computer, and it should work like a charm.

18. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

WHY do you even want 5.0, when you can freely update 5.0.1?

19. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

i'll wait for the 5.0 jailbreak

whats new in 5.0.1 anyway?

20. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Because it's boring to readd all of our stuff. Also, somehow my battery problem is gone, don't want to risk update to 5.0.1 and have awful battery again.

21. BlizzardBolt thread starter macrumors 6502

Not when one is on 5.0 tethered, one would have to update to 5.0.1 and lose the jailbreak and then run redsn0w untethered and then reinstall cydia packages and sources.

Nothing except a "battery fix" which may or may not happen

Agreed

Re adding all the stuff is a hassle. Adding a 5.0 corona package onto pre existing jailbreak is simple which is why I'm going to wait for it.

22. BlizzardBolt thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. I appreciate it :D

23. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

Nice! I really dreaded having to do the full restore to 5.0.1 and re-jailbreak and have to load all my tweaks again. This is great news! :D

24. BlizzardBolt thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep it is great, it was odd when only 5.0.1 corona package was released. After failing to untether with the 5.0.1 corona package on 5.0 I searched around and came across this patch of great info from the chronic dev team.