Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Welcome to lovely Denver, Colorado. Temperatures in Fahrenheit.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 68

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
mad jew said:
In °C. :)

Oh, and I just worked out that COMMAND-SHIFT-4-SPACE BAR kinda works in Dashboard too. :)

WOW thanks for that! I never even knew about that! It's great !:D

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I think the grey border is coming from vBulletin, because it appears fine once you click the image to pull it into its own window.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Abstract said:
You don't even need to check the UV index here........it's always EXTREMELY HIGH, or VERY HIGH. I live in the same city as Chundles as well.

I want to see some snow. Just a little.

Yeah, it was weird skiing in Canada and not worrying about putting sunscreen on. At our snowfields you'll get burnt badly on a cloudy day in the middle of winter. I've never, ever, ever seen the UV index go below "Very High."

It's a comparatively mild 30?C here today and the wind is keeping the humidity down nicely.

All you guys that like the summer over the winter, I'll swap you.

I HATE SUMMER.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Nermal said:
I think the grey border is coming from vBulletin, because it appears fine once you click the image to pull it into its own window.

Yeah, vBulletin is making it grey but when I took that shot, it came up with the blue highlight area of what it was capturing and the blue mimicked the grey we see now. Plus, the attached PNG of the image in Preview is interesting with its thick border...

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 48

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
How about a green background? :p

Grey is simply Preview's default colour for transparency. You can change it in the prefs.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 58

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
mj_1903 said:
Currently 84F (29C) outside and my PowerMac is complaining. It would be bearable it if was dry heat but the humidity is in the 40s but it feels worse currently. Yay for tons of water surrounding Sydney!
Aww boo hoo. Double the relative humidity and you'll have a summer day in New England.

I hope it doesn't snow too much on Friday, as I don't want the concert I have a ticket for to be cancelled.

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
Abstract said:
Yeah, and try explaining our store and restaurant policy of "No shirt, no shoes, no service." They'll just ask "Why? :confused: "

Ha! I don't get that either. Almost all of the stores and restaurants around here have those little signs. How do you answer the question? When I moved here, I took it as confirmation that the conservatives had really taken over.

Well I'm Canadian, and I'd rather have the snow than the humid 38-40C we got yesterday. Its even worse because the sun was You don't even need to check the UV index here........it's always EXTREMELY HIGH, or VERY HIGH. I live in the same city as Chundles as well.

I want to see some snow. Just a little.

I'm a misplaced Houstonian and it sounds like we should swap. I have heard about the UV in Oz being extremely bad, so perhaps not.

Still, I think my digi cam is on its way. Once here, I'll gladly up some pictures of snow if it'll make you feel better. Now it's snowed I will have to see the bleeding stuff every day for the next 5 months.:( A bit of green and color would be joyous...

YOJ

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Nermal said:
This thing is lying. It's much hotter than this!

OK, it's much cooler here now, yet the widget is claiming that the temp has gone up :rolleyes: (to 19, which is probably about right)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Nermal said:
Bah it's 12:10 at night, and according to the temperature widget it's 22°. I'm melting! :eek:

Isn't it funny/strange how a temperature that would be comfortable in the daytime becomes oppressive during the night?

I could easily have an afternoon nap in those temperatures, possibly even with a light duvet on but come night, it's a different matter all together necessitating the use of a fan. And feet sticking out from under the duvet. :D

Perhaps your body handles its cooling differently at night? :confused:

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2003
It's cold here, but I love it. Everything in °C. Wedel is very close to Hamburg, Germany if that helps.

Attachments

• WidgetPhoto_1.png
    WidgetPhoto_1.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 42

Chundles

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
11:30pm here. Not too bad actually, the wretched humidity of the past few days is gone and it looks like there's a cooling trend on the way.

Sure as hell beats New Year's Day when the widget said 45°C - now that was damn hot.

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 41

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
The last few days and nights have been real scorchers like 35+, hence all the bush-fires. It's also been raining a bit, so it's quite humid. It is a bit better tonight though, only 22 C. :rolleyes:

The other morning when I went to work at 5.30 am it was already 27 C :eek:

I do like the hot weather, as long as its around 28 C, sunny, cool breeze, no hot northerly and no humidity. Otherwise bring on the cold weather!

PS: Chundles I feel your pain - I hate wearing shorts too. ;)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
We've had the warmest weather here that we've had in the past 100 years. It's been about 0 degrees Celsius for the past couple of weeks - amazing!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
~Shard~ said:
We've had the warmest weather here that we've had in the past 100 years. It's been about 0 degrees Celsius for the past couple of weeks - amazing!

its evening here and is 8ºC! this has surely been a rather warm winter here. only two decent snowfalls so far. and both have melted quickly.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
PlaceofDis said:
its evening here and is 8ºC! this has surely been a rather warm winter here. only two decent snowfalls so far. and both have melted quickly.

Yeah, that's pretty much the way it's been here as well. We've really had good fortune, as we just finished moving into our house. Any other year, and this would have been the coldest, worst possible time to do it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.