How are you waiting for the Verizon iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmo1116, Jan 24, 2011.

1. jmo1116 macrumors regular

Ever since they announced it on Jan. 11th, I just haven't been able to calm myself about the fact that the iPhone will soon be on Verizon. I have tried everything to preoccupy myself while counting down the days until the release. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I can't stop thinking about it. How are you managing while you await the release on Feb. 10th?

2. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Got re-addicted to an MMORPG. My time is flying faster than I can believe. :p

3. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

I have been passing the time on these forums learning everything I can about iOS and cases for the upcoming iPhone 4. Seriously can't wait to pre-order the iPhone!

4. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Passing time, and planning my family trip in which my iPhone will be playing a few parts in.

5. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

I'm passing time by working out. Time has never gone this fast for me in a long time! I cannot wait to get my iPhone.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I think that is exactly how I was feeling when the 3GS came out :D

7. themoz macrumors newbie

researching the latest must have apps, building new backgrounds, cleaning up my itunes, contacts, calendar, etc. and compulsively checking for new news every 5 minutes. I need a different hobby.

8. possumwater macrumors regular

possumwater

I think if I got the Eff off this forum, I'd be ok...

9. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

I've been engaged in some heated battles over at the VZW forums. It is simply ridiculous over there. In the last 12 hours I have been banned/unbanned/hated and have been a hero. It's hilarious, I've been crying with laughter all day! :D

Hysterical misinformation flying around over there. Guaranteed good times!

10. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Trying to decide if I should get it, or wait until summer for the 5...

11. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

I'm not due until October. Retail now (probably 16GB but undecided until the last minute vs 32GB), sell Droid (THANK GOD), see what happens in the summer. If there's a new one in the summer, use final early upgrade, sell the 4.

If there isn't an upgrade in the summer, sit on upgrade until January or whenever, use upgrade, sell the 4.

12. macjunkie33 macrumors member

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is gnawing at the bit to ditch the piece of crap Droid. I just want a phone with functional WIFI and a camera that takes a picture in less than 10 seconds! Android had potential but it has fragmented out of control now. What a terrible choice we made a year ago. Can't wait to move on. iPhone4 FTW. I am going to go for the 32GB and make this my main media player as well. Really looking forward to pre-ordering. Not gonna go for white, not interested in that at all.

13. jwiggs23 macrumors member

I feel a lot like the Verizon iPhone commercial, with the waiting and clocks. To keep busy I've been going through the TV Shows i got for christmas, and hanging around these forums a lot.

I'm also ditching the Droid, I just hate it.

14. fender57 macrumors 6502

15. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Somehow being on this forum dozens of times each day isn't really helping me with the patience part of this... :D

BUT I am currently tracking two UPS packages that will be arriving at my front door tomorrow afternoon. And the contents -- new MBA's -- will definitely keep me occupied until the 10th!

16. KenSinSD macrumors newbie

same here...

I have a touch that's just been a video ipod for me, now I'm checking out/downloading bunches of apps and readying myself for the day... wondering what the repercussions of tossing my POS Storm off a building would be.

It got me to finally post here though.

17. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Well, at the time what choice did we have really? I waited and waited for the iPhone, read all the rumors and waited for the WWDC's knowing that "THIS" would be the year. Nope. I finally caved. Of course, NOW they get it :).

If I get the 32GB it will be from Apple themselves ($50 less). But, right now there is a heated argument over at the VZW forums stating that those of us who are not upgrade eligible WILL NOT be able to pre-order on the 3rd. Goes against everything I've been told by Verizon and Apple reps but, it is a little unsettling.

And yes, the Droid camera is the worst I've ever used. Takes me back to my Razr days. I do like the GPS though.

18. Jack105 macrumors member

I'm going crazy here, I have been following this since the iphone originally came out. Every time I heard a new rumor and brought it up amongst my friends they all balked at me. When I brought it up right before Verizon announced the release they didn't believe me.

I can't handle my crapberry storm anymore. I'm not up for an upgrade until Feb 12th and I'm trying not to think about how I probably won't get it now cause I'm sure Verizon will sell out and they will be on back order. I remember when the Droid X came out. I was in Verizon getting my storm worked on and there was a 3 week wait for that phone. I don't know if I can wait that long!

19. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Man, if you are not eligible for an upgrade and they won't give it to you 9 days early then I would seriously question staying with Verizon. Unless you're in the same boat as me and AT&T just can't cut it in your area.

Have you checked your eligibility on the Verizon iPhone form? I guess I can understand them not giving an upgrade 9 MONTHS in advance but, 9 days? That some nickle and diming BS. Threaten to cancel and see what they do.

20. Jack105 macrumors member

It's my 20 month early upgrade. I haven't gone in to a store to ask yet. Maybe I should.

21. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Im really not sure what i want to do. I might wait for the 5 since im still contracted with AT&T, that way my ETF would be lowered by like 40-50 bucks. But if I wait and the 5 doesn't have LTE im going to be pissed.

22. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

It's not going to have LTE.

Reasons:
    1) Early rumors state the version in testing wont have LTE
    2) Apple specifically said the reason the VZN iPhone doesn't have LTE is the current chipset options would require a design change they weren't willing to do.
    3) Neither Verizon (largest LTE right now) nor ATT have much LTE coverage. They're expecting large growth this year, and 2/3 by 2013 so a summer 2012 is the most likely.

So don't expect it. Point #2 is the most solid. If they were that close already they could've done something. LTE is coming in the Summer 2012 refresh.

This release will most likely be a better processor, new GPU, and the introduction of a GSM/CDMA version due to Apple moving to Qualcomm's chipsets for both CDMA and GSM.

23. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I work, go out with my friends, play video games, watch movies, smoke, smoke, hang out with my friends, play some frisbee...It's a phone, it's not going to change your life.

24. jmorale1 macrumors newbie

Does anyone think that verizon will remove the unlimited plan by the time the iphone 5 comes out?

25. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

X2. This is my decision. It can't come fast enough.

I hate to spend the money to break my contract but it will be worth it if my phone will work without dropping calls!

Good questions. I hope not. This is the only way I will use their service.

:apple: