How big of an upgrade from iPhone 6 to 7 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thecore762, Mar 22, 2017.

1. thecore762 macrumors regular

I plan on getting the 7 Plus this weekend because the battery life on the iPhone 6 over the past year started getting worse and I don't wanna spend time and money on getting the battery replaced, instead I am considering upgrading to the iPhone 7 plus, for people that made the jump from the 4.7" iPhone is this a good upgrade and how much better is the battery life better? I want to do this while the iPhone 6 still has somewhat of a decent resale value.

2. BasicGreatGuy, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I made the jump from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 plus and I am very pleased. In my opinion, the larger battery, bigger and better screen, amongst other features, was worth the extra cost. I am glad I made the switch.

I get 2 - 3 days worth of battery with my iPhone 7 plus. It is is powerhouse,

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-6-to-7-plus-update.2018178/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/my-first-week-with-the-iphone-7-plus-coming-from-6.2001085/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/6-to-7-plus-commuters-opinion-pls.1994212/

4. thecore762 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the info, my main problem with the current iPhone is the battery.

Any issues I should be aware of when I go pick up the new iPhone?

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

What kind of issues were you expecting to encounter?

6. chscag macrumors 68000

I went from a 6+ to a 7+ and other than the newer phone and haptic feedback (and no headphone jack) I found the battery life to be around the same.

7. NorthSeaBeach macrumors regular

Unless you have large funds i'd wait for the iphone 8 at this point in time. Just get that battery replaced.

8. thecore762 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think it would matter much if I go with the AT&T Next upgrade every year. Plus I can pay off the phone.

9. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

The iPhone edition will be even more expensive than the 7s+.

10. bradbomb macrumors regular

I went from an iPhone 6 - 128GB to an iPhone 7 Plus - 256GB. I mainly went with the 7 Plus because of the added abilities of the dual camera system. For me, the size wasn't hard to get used to as on my iPhone 6 I have a LifeProof Nuud case and on the 7 Plus, I just have a regular soft case. I have smaller hands, so sometimes the screen real estate change gives me some challenges when trying to do things one handed.

11. thecore762 thread starter macrumors regular

This, and I can still get a decent value from selling my iPhone 6 since I have 3 of them...when the 8 comes out the value will drop even further.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 23, 2017 ---
    I usually find myself using two hands on the 6, so it shouldn't be too bad, I also have small hands, but I like the bigger screen, my buddy has the 6S Plus and he loves his.