How can LG do this - and Apple let us all down with 3Gs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stofferdk, Jul 13, 2009.

1. stofferdk macrumors regular

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/13/lgs-next-gen-chocolate-bl40-teased-on-video-looks-good-enough/

"nuff said"

I have been an apple fanboy for so long now, and not once have I felt the urge to get something else - apple has always delivered.
    Not one product in electronics do I own that I could have gotten better elsewhere than apple.

but excuse me for cursing. what the **** is this?

How DARE apple present the 3Gs with its dated design when LG can present this?

Right now, I am not even considering keeping my iPhone... I am whining about all the money invested in the appstore and mobileme.

(hmmm... really have to think it through when leaving mobile me, I LOVE that service - maybe keep it for the macs?).

So I guess I just had to vent my frustration with apple, as I just cant justify sticking with them when LG presents a phone like this.

I guess now is when Apple is not defining style anymore.

what do you guys think?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The reason why is because when LG releases a phone, there are no monster lines.

3. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

iPhone design is better. And GLHF with the LG OS.

4. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

I think you should wait until you have this "product" in your hands before you throw a tantrum. A youtube video is one thing, a fully functioning and proven real world device is another thing entirely.

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

is that a phone or a diving board? seriously, you like that beast?

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Not a fan boy either, but Apple defined the style and LG copied it, IMO. Also, you realize this is JUST a video. No telling how it actually works. That said, I do wish the iPhone would get a bigger screen.

8. stofferdk thread starter macrumors regular

besides the failboat-friendly LG Prada, they never really made anything worth standing in line for.
    Any phone making the iPhone look like something Microsoft made is worth standing in line for.

Guess I am so angry because it has been so long since I had to consider buying something apart from Apple? Apple failed me/us on this. The 3Gs should have gotten a major designoverhaul

9. analytical44 macrumors regular

10. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

Hmm, the UI is what will kill this phone for me.

There are only 2 mobile OSes for me - iPhoneOS and Android. Everything else is just a disappointment.

11. archipellago macrumors 65816

that is the worst looking electronic gadget I have seen for years.. you're welcome to it!

12. stofferdk thread starter macrumors regular

well the interface demo kind of get around it all... without an appstore, there is not much more to see. So unless the phone is slower or the actual phone changes... it looks like the iphone killer to me.

13. pmo5 macrumors newbie

Well I would hold off until it is released or reviewed at the very least. Teaser videos do have a tendency of making products look better then they really are. But in all honesty, it does look very fascinating. Im also guessing this phone wont be available for 199 under contract but we obviously won't know till its released sometime in 2009.

14. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Plenty of other threads for this. Secondly, Apple makes a product that works and works well... I mean, browsing the internet on the iPhone and the touchscreen in general is significantly better. I'm also lost as to what the 3GS is missing, possibly a bigger screen?

15. Yairp macrumors newbie

So you're actually mad at Apple because LG designed a better looking phone? were you having any problems with the design of the iPhone before seeing the LG?

I think you should drink more water.

16. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Oh come on!!!!

17. stofferdk thread starter macrumors regular

Bigger screen would be lovely... what the phone really needs however, is a much slimmer body. (IMO) (oh oh,... and the chrome bezel kind of needs to go, now).

18. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

That phone looks retarded. Look how long the screen is. iPhone> LG

19. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

I think he's talking about the UI. The iPhone has gone 3 years with barely any changes to the UI. I agree that the iPhone needs a major change, at least in the springboard area. It is not a very good system to use when you have 11 pages of apps. I love the addition of Spotlight, as it makes finding apps easier, but I don't always want to type out the app I want.

I'm sure Apple could come out with an incredibly awesome and intuitive new UI, but it seems like they're resting on their laurels. I just hope that they do something next year.

20. stofferdk thread starter macrumors regular

Actually, not joking around - I was and am not happy with the 3Gs. I just kind of "accepted" the recycling of the design as I thought there was not much to be done. I reasoned with myself that maybe Apple had just not been able to do much more with the current technology. Seems LG found a way. - So now I am mad.

21. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I mean, how much slimmer? at the expense of becoming obnoxiously long.

The phone didn't progress backwards...

I mean, Spotlight seems fairly good for going through your 120 apps? What are you suggesting, the whole iPhone dock thingy was not the greatest of things. The iPhone has the App Store, I would say any maker would trade for something like that. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

22. Yairp macrumors newbie

Fair enough, though I still don't see what's so special about that LG...

23. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

ewwwww

This phone is craptastic. I guess there's no accounting for style ...or lack thereof.

seriously ..that phone is a joke.

24. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I hope to god this thread is a joke, but somehow I think not.

25. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

But how's the user experience, price, 3rd party support? Do they have an app store, how well does it sync with your Mac/PC?
    In otherwords, don't make rash decisions based on a random video.

ps. you should be mad at yourself for buying a product (the 3GS) you didn't like the look of.