How confident are you in the redesign?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by petrucci666, Sep 19, 2011.

1. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

I put up my iP4 for sale, and waiting on the iP5.

I'm not here to ask what you think it will look like, or will it have this or that but rather to ask on how confident are you that it will be redesigned?

I like the leaked photos of the supposed new iP5 but if it's still the same design (like in today's photo leak?), I don't want to go through the hassle of selling the iP4, being stuck with a Blackberry for an X amount of weeks before it launches and everything else.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. ajcadoo macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

If the iphone 5 isnt announced at the next Apple event, you will be stuck with that Blackberry until next summer. I think there is a 60% chance of that happening.

4. shadrap macrumors 6502

I would hold onto the iPhone 4. There just is not enough evidence of a redesign. Plenty of evidence for a 4s.

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

I did some calculations and I'm at about a 68.65% about the redesign...

6. na1577 macrumors 6502a

7. milani macrumors 68000

milani

I'm 50/50 at this point. You would think that more evidence of a new design would have leaked by now. The fact that it hasn't makes me more skeptical. That said, I'll be sticking with my iPhone 4, so I really don't care one way or the other! :D

8. myPod, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011

myPod macrumors member

I'm waiting for the Sprint IP5 - don't care whatever the redesign looks like, I'll take it no matter what. So I guess I'm 99% confident.

Just hope
    1. the screen is bigger than the IP4
    2. the processor is faster than the 4
    3. the back camera is a 8MP made by Sony
    4. the front camera is at least 1.3MP and NOT VGA
    5. the battery last as long as the 4
    6. the antenna issue from the 4 is fixed

I was also considering the Sprint's Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.
    Its thin and has a 4.52 inch screen. But Android sucks.
    I was not impressed by its thinness.
    It was physically HOT (very warm) to the touch.
    I suspect heat from the screen, motherboard and battery.
    The Sprint store I visited had it on display @ 75% brightness.
    When I tried to max the brightness, it wouldn't let me and I got a
    system message something about "cannot due to overheating".

That being said, the IP5 redesign is THIN too.
    I HOPE the IP5 does not suffer from overheating issues like the Sammy due to its thinness.

9. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm certainly not calling you a liar but that is a issue I've haven't seen on once on one of my 28 android phones that I have owned.. That is odd to say the least.

10. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

I'm 100% confident that there will be a redesign. Well... I can't say that I have absolutely no doubt... so I guess a more realistic number is 99%.

Borrowing from a post I made earlier, my reasoning is this:
    I just don't see how having no redesign or just leaving it as iPhone 4S is possible, in all honesty. I realize that Apple is still selling iPhone 4's like hotcakes (and isn't the $49 3GS the 2nd best selling smartphone right now in AT&T?), so there's no real financial incentive for Apple to push out an iPhone 5.

But, to stay ahead of the curve, and to hold the title of the innovative company we have come to love, I think it's essential for them to release a redesigned 5th iPhone that can raise the bar for the competition even higher and maintain Apple's reign.

11. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I think there is no way possible Apple doesn't release some phone with a screen larger than 3.5". I mean, one focus group would clearly show it's what people want. Maybe they'll have two options for screen sizes, but one will be larger.

If they didn't, then that would mean in fall of 2012 Apple's biggest phone would be a 3.5"...a year from now. Isn't that laughable?

12. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

It's not nice to tell lies...

13. rugox macrumors regular

All evidences are pointing towards the 4S, not 5. If a 5 is released, then Apple has done a heck of a job maintaining new product secrecy this time. But then again, major leaks usually happen substantially closer to the Apple event so we will see how it pans out in the next few weeks.

14. blunti macrumors 6502a

15. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

Me too.

16. myPod macrumors member

Sorry, I don't understand your point.

I'm 99% committed to the Sprint IP5 no matter what the redesigned IP5 looks like.
    Current rumors indicate similar improvements to my wish list.

I just hope all the things on my wish list is addressed.

The Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch that I saw at the Sprint Store was on a constant display mode.
    It was very warm to the touch.
    My assumption was that it was warm due to screen, MB and battery???
    Who knows what?

Since the new IP5 is rumored to be thin too, I hope it doesn't suffer from overheating from either the screen, Mb or battery??

Where's the lie?? :confused:

17. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I'm gonna keep on believing that Apple did an exceptional job at keepg the redesigned iPhone 5 a secret. Is this wishful thinking? Yeah. Is this actually the case? Only Apple knows. That being said, I'm gonna say I'm 85% sure of a redesign.

18. myPod macrumors member

I just ran into this post regarding Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch overheating here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-ii-epic-4g-touch/120206-burning-hot.html

:)

19. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Other than some cases all manufactured off the same "leaked" design sheet and a tiny icon of a phone in some Apple app what real proof do we have? Sure many of us EXPECT Apple to have more up their sleeve then a 4s, but its just all conjecture at this point.

I am one that expects big things from Apple and in most cases I am pretty satisfied with what the come up with.

So YES I do believe the 5 exists and will be released in October.

20. whawhat macrumors 6502

I'd be absolutely shocked (and disappointed) if Apple doesn't release a redesigned iPhone 5 in October. It's been what, 16-18 months since the last redesign of their money making machine? The iPhone 4S talk makes sense considering Apple is now shifting their focus on China where most of their growth will happen over the next 5-10 years.

21. 4:20 macrumors member

I'm very confident about a redesign, mostly because of Apple's new Photo Stream iPhone icon. It's just a little hint, but it's from Apple and directed at nuts like us.

Also, and I don't know if this had been brought up before, doesn't the whole discussion about the redesign (larger screen, longer home button etc.) remind you of this alleged iPhone (4?) mockup from a few months ago?

[​IMG]

22. danielowenuk macrumors 6502

33.33% (Recurring)

I can't see how they could release an iPhone 4S with the same processor as the iPhone 5 and still claim the iPhone 4S is a budget product.

The latest product surely has to have the latest processor and be a premium product?