How did you find MacRumors?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macDonalds, Sep 24, 2008.

1. macDonalds macrumors 6502

I think I found this site a couple of years ago. Did a search on mac forums and this was one of the first.

Always thought it was a great place... and just a few months ago I learned about the man behind it, which is really cool.

So what brought you here?

2. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

My iGeek uncle went on it with his (then new) first even Nokia N series phone and I was starting to get properly into Apple around then so I checked it out them joined the forums! :)

3. TomsMacBook macrumors 6502

Ah, I think it was, like most replies are going to be, from Google.

I vaugely remember my old iMac G5 not booting properly, so I Google'd it. This site came up, and I lurked. I got my MacBook (Not Pro), and signed up. Hence 'TomsMacBook'.

4. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

That was pretty much how the story went for me as well. I could say that some dude in a trench coat and fedora standing by the lamppost on rainy night handed me this briefcase, but that would be just a bit over the top.

I've since gone back and tried searching for Mac forums again, but MR wasn't a top listing, so either it's changed or I forget how I actually bumped into it. I think it's how you said.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I was looking at buying a Mac and after looking around the net I understood that they were due for a big update (iMac G5). So i was looking at mockups of what they might look like and one of those mock ups or the site it was on led to MacRumors and the rest as they say is history.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

A friend told me about it. I was looking for Photoshop help and he said this was a great place to ask about it. He was right! Now I've met several people from this forum and even dated one for 2 years. The folks here are good people.

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

My POS powerbook was acting up so I googled for some help and I found this site. You can't imagine how much that seemingly trivial detail ended up changing my life. </very long story very short>

8. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

Got our powermac G5 in early 03 and search for a apple forum.

9. macDonalds thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL - and now you're a demi-goddess! Sweet!

10. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

i had just bought my MBP and was having hard drive issues, so i Googled a bit and stumbled upon MacRumors. i got my answers and lurked for a bit, then i decided to sign up.

i haven't looked back since. it's been quite life-changing for me as well. :)

11. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i was planning to buy a MacBook Pro and so Googled "mac forum" and MacRumors was the second result. i also signed up to Mac-Forums.com but found MacRumors to be much more active and fun ;).

12. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

13. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I came here looking to see if there was anything out on a possible release date for the 3rd Gen iPod... my how things change.

Well I don't know iBlue all that well (and I don't believe she was thinking of titles), but I know $25 will get you the same/similar title :)

mkrishnan love the pic!

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

15. Blakely028 macrumors regular

Blakely028

Funnily enough, I StumbleUpon'ed it on my new :apple: MacBook at the time. If I never clicked that button, I don't know what I would do with a bit of spare time!

One of the best finds to date... :D

16. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I think I needed to figure out how to uninstall apps...

17. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i found MacBytes somehow and via that i found the forums. and eventually got involved.

18. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Boy, that was so long ago. I don't remember! :eek:

Probably was a search. :)

19. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

A good friend turned me onto it, after I realized that the rumors being produced by the site were surprisingly accurate in predicting future apple products.

Then of course, I got a mac in 2005, and I made an account. The rest is history.

20. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Yeah... I'm one of the googlers.
    I was looking up information on why my iPod classic was being stupid and I think I also came across here when trying to find out information on rumors about future iPods and MacBooks.
    I didn't want to get a membership because I already belonged to so many sites.
    I finally caved and got joined, now I'm very happy about it and love Apple more than ever.
    That was on July 28th.
    It hasn't even been 2 months and I already have 377 post!! :D

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I was on a couple of rumour sites at the time, MacTeen (before it went rubbish) and Think Secret. I was after a Mac and wanted to research it properly, then found this site and stayed since it was much bigger than the others.

iGeek?

22. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

I was in the market for my first Apple Mac at the turn of the year and trying to find as many reviews/opinions/resources as I could. Over time, when Googling for various answers, this forum kept on popping up- and here I am.

23. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

24. walnuts macrumors 6502

I found it as a preloaded bookmark in either Safari or Camino. It's always been the best source of Mac news and info.

25. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian