How do we know were not in a coma and everything around us is made up?

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
How do we know were not in a coma and everything around us is made up?

AppleLover9o

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2009
I sometimes wonder the same thing, what if I'm really in my own world and on life support. Sounds weird, but I'm sure we've all questioned the legitimacy of life. :p

Reactions: scapegoat81
We don't. We could be in any number of situations (for example, you could be the only 'real' person and everyone else is a pawn of the Devil/God, it could be a virtual reality etc.) There's no real way of knowing whether we are who we think we are or whether we are just in a virtual reality, a la the Sims. That everything is 'simulated' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality)....

Reactions: Meister

nick1516

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
I was just thinking today about the type of situation where everything is made up by our mind, while I don't believe it's true, who could ever prove it?

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
If you are in a coma, how have you managed to create 376 threads, and made 887 posts to MacRumors. While some may titillate the younger members and a number of threads have fed the wasteland.... Oh damn, just look in the mirror and practice your lisp for your coming out.

KGB

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Though i Guess if we were in a coma life would be perfect.

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
So let me get this straight.
There are six billion people currently in a coma ? And some are having a group dream that they are on an internet forum ?

Or is it just one person in a coma and he's dreaming all of this discussion up ?
:eek: :confused: ;)

Reactions: T'hain Esh Kelch

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
So let me get this straight.
There are six billion people currently in a coma ? And some are having a group dream that they are on an internet forum ?

Or is it just one person in a coma and he's dreaming all of this discussion up ?
:eek: :confused: ;)
Anything is possible. ;) The Human mind is very powerful.