How do you carry your headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hyeok, Aug 20, 2008.

1. hyeok macrumors member

How do you carry your headphones? I used to wrap them around my iPod, but that's not very practical on the iPhone as I need to use the iPhone even when I'm not using the headphones. Do you have any clever suggestions besides getting an external carrying case?

2. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha hyeok,

I just fold them up and put them in the right front pocket of my pants/shorts :D

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

There were some v1 iPhone cases that wrapped around the backside of the iPhone. I'm one of those that went with the external case. Sorry:eek:

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

they go right in the pie hole. warm, safe, clean.

Attached Files:

5. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I wrap them around my fingers until they're in a little roll and then put them in my pocket with my iPhone for quick access.

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

That's actually pretty nasty....mine tend to get gross and I have to clean them every once in a while.....of course I'm using the type that go down your ear canal, not the stock ones....hence the gross part.

Yup...me too.

7. Linuss macrumors regular

I have the DLO slam case which has the holder in the back... LOVE IT.

8. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I jam the buggers in my pocket as I'm rushing out the door in the morning, then sit for a few minutes after my first class untangling them and cursing at myself, saying that tomorrow I'm gonna wrap 'em up all nice and neat. Been going on all year now :)

9. moka macrumors 6502a

roll them up and put them in the smaller higher right pocket when wearing jeans, works great...

10. fc4090 macrumors newbie

fc4090

Headphone pouch

I use this headphone pouch by Griffin. This is really neat and I could carry few loose changes in one of the pocket too. This is small 1-1/2" wide by 2" high.
    Only bad part is that the pouch socket is black, which stains the white iPhone headphone a bit.

Attached Files:

11. sebgreen macrumors regular

In ear heaphones

I used to have the bose headphones which came with the carry case but it was huge. Resorted to just stuffing them in my pocket and i lost both the silicon fitting bits. Verry annoying.

Friend of mine napped a pencil in half, (cleaned up the rough edges) and wrapps the cable around that before putting them in his pocket.....looks a bit odd but works...

12. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I use the same pouch for my Apple Bluetooth Headset. It also holds my adapter for my iPhone Classic:D

13. cantankerously macrumors regular

A little pouch, which I have forgotten what it's original use was for.

14. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I take the headphone cords, fold them together (in halves), then in half again and again until I feel they are small enough to be slid into my pocket. :)

15. Kyeris macrumors 6502

I usually roll them up and put them in my left pocket, simple enough

16. 545h4 macrumors newbie

This is why being a chick is good...

The purse, behold the possibilities: Actually, this is a ditty bag from EMS, but I toss the headphones in when they aren't in use. [​IMG]

If I am only carrying a wristlet, they fit in there, too.

17. minik macrumors 65816

18. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Wrap them around my fingers a few times then push it in my pocket. The v-moda's are made of lanyard material so they are pretty rugged (despite many saying they fray and break easily...what do you hike with yours on?)

19. Zephgx macrumors member

I try to wrap how they were originally in the box before I took them out and stuff it in my left pocket. Although I never leave the headphones with the iPhone anymore.

20. ~Phi macrumors regular

I just throw the tangled mess in my right pocket along with my keys and everything else. And the iPhone gets its own pocket.

21. BWOracle macrumors newbie

A workable solution

I am able to carry my headphones, sync cable, socket plug, and polishing cloth all in a case originally made to hold a Nintendo DS portable. The overall dimensions of the case are only slightly larger than an iPhone case.

It's a hard case with one side with a net to hold the plug and sync cable. The other side I can put my headphones without having to roll them too tight where they begin to tangle. It has a zipper that goes almost all the way around which allows me to lay it open completely flat.

Cost me $10 at Fry's and I carry it in my briefcase bag along with my iPhone. It's also great to have everything with me most of the time so I don't have to worry about battery life since I can recharge at home or work.

22. friekunater macrumors 6502

EXACT SAME HERE!

rolling them is overrated lol

helpful comment of the day...

23. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

folding technique for the win. I usually don't carry headphones with me unless I'm at the airport or whatever, they usually just stay in my bookbag with my MBP.

24. iGary Guest

iGary

My Shure's live in my laptop bag, my Bose live at my desk at work.