Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Hunt them down like the vermin they are, then EXTERMINATE THEM
Fixed.

Glad someone posted the Fanboys film. So accurate. As a fan of several sci-fi franchises especially Star Trek and (as you might guess from the youtube link) Doctor Who I am well familiar with this phenomenon. The worst is fanboy trolling within a franchise. I recall all the negative comments (in the era before internet to be sure) from Original Series fans when Star Trek: The Next Generation came out. It continued with the other series and reached a fever pitch with the J.J. Abrams reboot. Doctor Who has it's "Classic" and "Nu" (I HATE those terms) arguments as well as snipes and arguments over who was the best/worst Doctor (kind of like advocates of the best/worst iPhone).

Just take a deep breath, turn off your computer and walk away.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I can't stand fanboys at all. Apple ones seem quite bad, the big Apple fanboy attitude is that the only device that should exist is an iPhone, and all other developers and manufacturers should make content for Apple. All hail Apple. etc.

Years ago I used to get into fights with them but now I just pity those who put way too much effort into loving a product to the point that all others, well as I said above. But that's the difference. That's a fanboy attitude, fans are great.

But I think all that is part of growing up. In that you mellow out and just go with the flow as you get older.

How do I deal with them now? If they're spreading FUD I'll reply once correcting them, and leave them alone.

Reactions: MathersMahmood

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
England
I can't stand fanboys at all. Apple ones seem quite bad, the big Apple fanboy attitude is that the only device that should exist is an iPhone, and all other developers and manufacturers should make content for Apple. All hail Apple. etc.

Years ago I used to get into fights with them but now I just pity those who put way too much effort into loving a product to the point that all others, well as I said above. But that's the difference. That's a fanboy attitude, fans are great.

But I think all that is part of growing up. In that you mellow out and just go with the flow as you get older.

How do I deal with them now? If they're spreading FUD I'll reply once correcting them, and leave them alone.

True

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Not a great pic (definitely have a better one somewhere), but anyway, we were at Trigger Street ...

IMG_7279.jpg

Wondercow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Ok so interesting evening for me. One of my fave Youtubers Supersaf TV posts a camera comparison on the iPhone 7 vs the S7. Both cameras are great and are practically the same. Only thing different is that the mic audio on the S7 is far superior than the iPhone 7's.

I post a simple comment I prefer the iPhone camera. S7 is too over saturated and lord have mercy on my soul i get attacked within a minute of posting it.

Go kill yourself

You little girl

iSheep fanboy

You are stupid.

You need a brain transplant

Then they continue to attack me while i tell them its just preference and opinion.

I normally don't pay attention to me but tonight damn i had 70 comments nearly of people arguing and telling me how much of a piece of crap I am for having a different opinion.

Like come on can they not see they are the ones being fanboys and being idiots?

How do you deal with these people man. It blows my mind.
It doesn't really work online, but when I deal with that kind of person in real life my favourite line is "look man, I don't care what your mom says, you're not actually cool". They're usually caught off guard and don't know what to say, or the response I absolutely love: "my mom doesn't say that!" :D

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
England
It doesn't really work online, but when I deal with that kind of person in real life my favourite line is "look man, I don't care what your mom says, you're not actually cool". They're usually caught off guard and don't know what to say, or the response I absolutely love: "my mom doesn't say that!" :D

Lool i need to try that.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
My philosophy is Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. If someone asks for help straight up, no problem giving them help, but stressing out over whether they accept it or not is both needless and avoidable.

No offense intended, but if you're stressed about dealing with this demographic you need to turn off your computer. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.