How Do You Deal With These People?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tgi, Sep 11, 2014.

1. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Now that the iPhone 6 and 6+ have been announced, all these Android users want to brag about how their phone had it first.

Applepay copied Google Wallet.
    Reachability? Had that for months.
    Wi-Fi Calling? Had that for months too.

Then they show me stupid pictures like this.

[​IMG]

Like I seriously don't care what features their phone had first. How do you deal with this stupidity?

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

You take a step back, breathe, and realize this is all over a phone....I would say dont worry about it, and go about life and enjoy your day. Theres no need to deal with anyone, it's a phone. :D

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If you don't care, then why are you posting this? (serious question)

They aren't strictly wrong, by the way. Pretty much everything Apple has added has been "borrowed" from other operating systems at this point. That either matters to you enough to make a thread about it or it doesn't. Right?

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

If you use general common sense, and have even just a moderate understanding of smartphones, you will understand everything that is wrong with that picture.

And if people don't, they don't know enough to bother to try to change their minds anyway.

Attacking something else is a great way to indicate you feel your position is weak.

5. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

You deal with them by telling them they are right. Android did big screens first, and Apple stayed way too long with the smallish screen. Fact. But so what? Doing it first isn't nearly as important as doing it best. :apple:

6. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

Apple doesn't usually do it first, they just do it better

7. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

This doesn't bother me. It's a phone for pete's sake. Whether Andriod or Apple was first, who cares, may the best iPhone win. :D

8. M87 macrumors 65816

Who cares? I use iOS because it does what I need it to do. iOS has had desktop quality music creation apps for years and Android still doesn't have anything comparable. iOS had extremely robust accessibility options in 2009 when I started using it that Android didn't get until 2012. I don't lose any sleep over what phone someone else uses and I sure as hell don't care about the opinion of someone who does.

9. WilliamG macrumors 604

Apple bides its time, and then just gets it right. They did it with phones in general, they did it with the tablet, they'll likely do it with the watch. It's not about "first." It's about "right."

e.g. NFC. Who used it prior to now for anything useful? Right.

Let's see how far NFC goes in the next 12 months. I suspect it will be quite a distance. I got an email from Wells Fargo just this morning about Apple Pay:

"Life is mobile. Increasingly, we're connecting, sharing, and making our way through the day with the help of our mobile phones. That's why we're excited to be part of Apple PayTM.

Apple Pay allows you to store and use your Wells Fargo credit or debit card in a digital form in the new iPhone® 6 and iPhone 6 Plus — making on-the-go payment simple and convenient. With Apple Pay, this technology will be available at over 200,000 stores, restaurants, and more in the near future. "

10. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

who the **** cares? Buy what you like and keep it moving.

11. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

The only thing that I find funny is the iPhone 6 will be on current iOS8 software, that Nexus from 2012 is probably 3 OS releases behind current, what would that be, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, or was it Carmel Apple, ah hell, I can't keep track of what Android is calling itself these days... :D

12. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

Reminds a lot of these pictures. It's just stupid marketing, or someone being fairly limited in their tech knowledge. Either way, it's funny, but far from true.

You can easily do the same thing... See the picture below, and chillax :)

Attached Files:

13. Downs2011 macrumors regular

The android users that take the time to make these comparisons know how much the iPhone and Apple devices in general are loved across the world and that always leaves them upset because they feel left out. No smartphone will ever get the praise that iPhone gets nor the criticism. Tim Cook has said it before, "We’re not in the junk business,” There are some amazing android phones out there, but there is no phone with a better combination of hardware and software and this is the reason news outlets still storm the scene about these "outdated" iPhones. Just my two cents...

14. appledes7 macrumors 6502a

I had a Nexus 4 for a year. Upgraded to the Nexus 5. Can't wait to get back to iOS. Android is still so clunky, laggy, unresponsive, and unstable compared to what I remember from my 4S. I only switched because I was bored and wanted customization. I'm over that now and just want a good phone.

15. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

I agree. It's not just being first to come out with the technology. Execution matters a lot. That said, among the list, I think it's only Google Wallet+NFC that Google botched. Apple had the right idea in getting the infrastructure and partners ready before rolling out the tech to consumers. Then again, I guess Passbook was a learning experience for them. :rolleyes:

16. saltd macrumors 6502

saltd

It's funny how divisive things can be when there are two major established camps to belong to, as is the case with Apple vs. Android. People invest a lot of money in one or the other, so justifying their choice becomes a way of feeling better about the purchase. Unfortunately, it really brings out a very defensive and combative side of people. The Xbox/PS4 bickering is even worse.

I've had both Android and Apple phones. Android has higher specs(and plenty of awesome devices), but the ios experience is just smoother and more intuitive. For me. People spend too much time slamming the other brand, but that's not gonna stop anytime soon...the best policy is to just avoid engaging in those arguments. Easier said than done, eh?

17. kerrikins macrumors 65816

I've been dealing with this a bit in my office, lately - I have a coworker who just switched to Android in the last year, and over the last few days he's been trashing Apple constantly.

But as my friend pointed out, some of it might be a need to justify purchases - trashing the competition makes people feel better about their own choices and how they spent their money.

Imo, while there are brilliant Android phones, iOS is just vastly better for me. I like Apple and they do things right. I don't really like Google all that much and I don't find Android as easy to use in comparison. Specs are nice but UI and usability are very important to me. Maybe one day I'll switch, but not this year. :)

18. Meister Suspended

Meister

I do not understand the topic / point of this thread.

19. tgi thread starter macrumors 65816

tgi

I don't care but it's annoying. See below for more elaborate reply.

I don't care what features their phone had first. But it is annoying to get bashed on cause the iPhone "finally" got the same features that their phones had. I don't care either way. All I'm saying is that it's annoying and how do some people deal with it. Like get them them to **** :).

Might have to try that.

Thank you. It's funny that they have to justify why they use Android and why iPhone sucks.

20. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

I live this everyday!

I work for Best Buy and most of the people working in mobile with me have android devices (Samsung) and my best friend is a Samsung Rep at Best Buy as well, I understand where you coming from because these discussions annoy me a lot, too. I just think it's stupid to argue over a phone, everyone is different and likes something different, don't let this get to you. Just ignore them and walk away.

I learned that NO MATTER HOW MUCH you talk to them about why you love apple and the iPhone, it won't change their minds about it! thats why its best just to walk away and let them act like children.

21. Escher2112 macrumors member

We all want the approval of others... Just do what makes you happy and be confident in your choice. If folks want to bag on it, screw 'em...

Don't give them anywhere to go with it... when they start talking trash, just walk away.. Co-workers don't have to be friends.. and if they were, they wouldn't be bagging on your choices anyways.

Then again - if you are buying the phone to show off - you are on your own.. ;)

22. lordofthereef, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I seriously don't see why people are stting here talking about "execution" and "doing it better". iOS has never looked and functioned more like Android. But I digress. Proof in the pudding that people need to justify their purchases however they can. Apple fanatics are no different than their Android counterparts. They all tend to regurgitate the same half truths about their chosen product. :rolleyes:

----------

I didn't see that poster as bashing at all. Just a bunch of (admittedly out of context) facts.

I can't argue with wanting wireless charging and a waterproof unit. Of course the Apple group will somehow spin that Apple did waterproof better, however on earth that is possible.

It will be fun to see NFC actually FINALLY take off with Apple using it, partially because they designed a slick system, and partially because Apple has the inertia to get that sort of thing done. What will the Android fans say about their four year old NFC that they have used MAYBE half a dozen times because it didn't take off until Apple took the wheel?

Apple tehsmelves have done some playful things. I won;t bring up the Mac v PC ads, but I do remember Tim Cook (or was it Phil) taking a jab at Samsung's "bump" feature. They also tend to talk about how iOS is superior to Android in some metric or other in every keynote (except this last one... hmmmmmmmm).

And didn't Jony tweet something about Swiss watchmakers needing to look out? That statement is filled with LOLs if taken in the out of context fashion most people took it.

My point is, it happens everywhere, on both sides. It's going to happen. How do you deal with it? Like I said, you either let it get to you on some level, or you don't.

23. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

You don't deal with them. If someone feels like they're superior because of their phone, they probably don't have much going on in their life.

24. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I actually don't care. I'm posting to tell you to follow my lead.

25. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

Do what I do and enjoy the banter... Although amusing to read(some) these silly comparison posters still won't urge me to go out and buy an android device(not anytime soon anyway) I'm happy with Apple, but competition is good for everyone.