Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
This is mine.

I only put what I use there.
Big icons because I like icons and better readability.
Order comes according to in which space each app is located. So, apps located in the left side of the dock open inside a space located in the left side of the spaces "dock", and so on. And that order is given according to my workflow.
The first stacks are common folders. Then the other two are my downloads folder at the rightmost side, and the folder where my desktop clutter is moved each night automatically (Hazel.app).
[doublepost=1511158611][/doublepost]Also, I use the "bigger text" for my screen resolution. I find it to be a better scale for humans!

What’s the iCloud icon? A custom folder for iCloud Drive.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Mine's on the left.

Spacers added by a terminal command (can be run multiple times to get more spaces):

> defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-apps -array-add '{tile-data={}; tile-type="spacer-tile";}'

Should probably add that you need to do a

killall Dock

after adding spacers, e.g.

defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-apps -array-add '{tile-data={}; tile-type="spacer-tile";}
killall Dock

Otherwise you might not see the spacers you just added until the next reboot. :oops: :(

That aside, great tip. Thanks! :cool:

Reactions: adrianlondon

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
At the moment I have only items in my Dock that I use on a regular basis, and I have them arranged in groupings of their function and how I use them, and so far this has served me well.

Finder Mail Safari Contacts Calendar Pages Messages Preview Aperture iTunes App Store System Preferences Downloads and Trash.

The mention of spacers is interesting, as I do that with my bookmarks/favorites bar: I group the bookmarks together and then separate them by the "pipe": || so that my bookmarks look something like this:

Wthr || WP || FB Gml Twtr ||NC || MR|| Amazon B&H|| etc., etc......

I also keep my desktop fairly clean and lean, with only the computer icon showing (I have replaced that standard boring image of a disk drive with a photo of my actual machine) and only a couple of folders for files that I use regularly, plus a folder of photos that I sync to my iPads and iPhone. While I am working with a folder and files, I'll keep them on the desktop but once I have completed whatever the project is, that goes right to the appropriate place: Documents, Photos, etc.

Last edited:

Princess Cake

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
Cheboygan, MI
Right now I have mine based on the Snow Leopard WWDC announcement ^.^ Its missing reflections and the separator is wrong but it still looks sexy to me

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 12.50.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 12.50.42 AM.png
    281.9 KB · Views: 137
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.