Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSheep5S

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2013
Scotland
You gotta have a Mac background. Then most used apps on front with folders. Junk drawer on second screen.

Interesting how others use their iPads. Interesting thread.
[doublepost=1461449007][/doublepost]Edited due to size a screenshot. 12.9" ☺️

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    826.6 KB · Views: 115

noodles5666

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
Home page: Clear
4CB144E7-B5B5-44A5-A901-B1B851E66235_zps1ynq7twc.png

2nd Page: Folders alphabetical with apps in alphabetical order
85C9FDB1-CA9C-448F-9312-9649424466DF_zpsviejuol9.png

Most used items in the Dock

iRaynor SK

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2014
Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic
1. page: personal stuff and my files (FileBrowser, Contacts, Tweetbot...)
2. page: office and productivity (Word, Excel, Textastic, Transmit...)
3. page: utilities (Calculator, Weather, GPS...)
4. page: photo and video (Pixelmator, ProCreate, ProCam 3...)
5. page: system utilities (Network Scout, AirPort Utility, Duet display...)
6. page: games
7. page: extensions (thanks to iOS 8 and later): 3rd party keyboard, photo metadata viewer, Sidefari, Control center widgets and one folder with useles apps which cannot be deleted (iBooks, Tips etc)

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
The dock: frequently-used apps.

The first page: only category-specific folders named with one emoji each.

IMG_0433.jpg

Reactions: mixel

Ricktor410

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2016
Maryland USA
Nice thread.
Dock - most used
Page 1 - second most used in folders (dock candidates not in folders)
Page 2 - unused or trial apps I'm still deciding on
Page 3 - blank icon for viewing background.

I like some of the ideas I've seen here though, so that might be changing soon!

Andy847

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2016
Chicago Suburb
I'm glad someone started this thread, as I didn't know you can change how many Icons there were on the dock. Glad I saw that. Now changing mine to add more to the dock of frequently used apps. Most of mine are in folders with catagories: Productivity, Drawing Apps, Games, Notes, Music, etc.. Down to two pages now from 3. This thread is also a good way to see some different apps that everybody uses.

ftlum

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
I'm glad someone started this thread, as I didn't know you can change how many Icons there were on the dock. Glad I saw that. Now changing mine to add more to the dock of frequently used apps. Most of mine are in folders with catagories: Productivity, Drawing Apps, Games, Notes, Music, etc.. Down to two pages now from 3. This thread is also a good way to see some different apps that everybody uses.

You can also stick folders on your dock if needed. I don't do this on my iPad, myself. All my apps are in folders on one page, grouped by function. My wife hates this, though. Her iPhone has zero order and no folders (which drives my OCD crazy), yet she says she can find her apps better that way and likes that she can always see them. I really wish we could control the number of columns and rows, but since we're almost on iOS 10 already, I don't think this will ever happen :(.

Andy847

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2016
Chicago Suburb
I agree with your point on the rows and columns. I love that on Android. One of the biggest things I hate about Apple is no customization, because of their control over everything. They really need to lighten up on some of that. Even though I love my Ipad Pro, a New Samsung Note tablet would have been my first choice, but no new ones being made. If Apple would allow some of the functions Android has had for years, I'd be a much happier guy. Oh well, nothing I can do about it though. I'm not about to mess with Jailbreaking the IPP, so stuck with the way things are.

I use Folders too, as I'm a bit OCD myself. LOL. I can't stand having pages of Icons to look at, with everything I add to the back home screen on the last page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.