Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matrem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2021
Hi, I am thinking about buying Milanese loop for my AW, but I am worried if it will decolorize after some time of usage. Could you tell me, if you had situation like that, I would also appreciate photos of your loops after longer usage. I am writing this, since I didn't find topic like that via searching. Thanks :)

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
Mine is silver, with the wear being limited to the closing magnet. Dad’s is darker. Probably from oil & grease.
havent tried ultrasound cleaning yet

gtg465x

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
I have a space black one from the original Apple Watch and it still looks brand new. Been wearing it regularly for around 6 years. Not sure if the newer ones have the same materials and coating though. The space black Milanese loop for the original Apple Watch was like $400 by itself, whereas the graphite one sold now is only $100.

KnownSyntax

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2022
Phoenix, AZ
Mine is silver, and I've had it for about 2 years. No real notable difference minus two aspects;

1) The magnetic part where it clips onto itself is fully of scratches all over and slightly less shiny due to that
2) Some parts of the band have less shine/has dirt (appears almost black-ish) on the underside/where it loops against itself in lines (any visible part when wearing looks shiny, brand new).

I'm assuming this is probably because I have the silver coloration, whereas with the dark coloration you probably wouldn't notice 2) and I'm not sure how 1) would be after time like mine. I wear mine basically 24/7, unless I'm swimming, in the shower, etc. No complaints from it being uncomfortable over time as it feels just as comfy as the first day.

Reactions: KandiMountain

KandiMountain

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2022
Mine is silver, and I've had it for about 2 years. No real notable difference minus two aspects;

1) The magnetic part where it clips onto itself is fully of scratches all over and slightly less shiny due to that
2) Some parts of the band have less shine/has dirt (appears almost black-ish) on the underside/where it loops against itself in lines (any visible part when wearing looks shiny, brand new).

I'm assuming this is probably because I have the silver coloration, whereas with the dark coloration you probably wouldn't notice 2) and I'm not sure how 1) would be after time like mine. I wear mine basically 24/7, unless I'm swimming, in the shower, etc. No complaints from it being uncomfortable over time as it feels just as comfy as the first day.
My experience exactly, both points. ? Was wondering what those dark lines were, but since they are not visible when at the wrist it doesn‘t bother me much. Still looks great after 1.5 years of daily wear (though I‘ve worn a silicon band that is easier to clean when using sunscreen).

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2016
I just saw a silver Milanese loop yesterday. It looked so good with the SS watch. I wonder why I never noticed this band before. Now it's a matter of time before I buy it!?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Hi, I am thinking about buying Milanese loop for my AW, but I am worried if it will decolorize after some time of usage. Could you tell me, if you had situation like that, I would also appreciate photos of your loops after longer usage. I am writing this, since I didn't find topic like that via searching. Thanks :)
I have the silver one since I bought my S2 on launch day. It has help up quite nicely. The only issue with it is that at some point recently I struck a metal surface and I made one of the tiny links pointy.

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
My wife and I both have this band. I don't use it every day, she has used hers much more. They look great after months of use. And if they do show any discoloration then it is easy to get a jewelry store to give them a ultrasonic cleaning. They are very well made and will probably last as long as we have a watch that is compatible with the size of the band.

Reactions: GrandeLatte

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
S6 launch day band, starting to unweave itself.

Attachments

• BF5B58AE-FF16-499D-AC24-89FB913DA840.jpeg
    BF5B58AE-FF16-499D-AC24-89FB913DA840.jpeg
    691.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Wow
Reactions: mikedop

gcdrwhom

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2006
the ATL
Mine is space black and looks great. It did feel rougher when I first got, and it feels smoother now. One down side is that it did saw at my dress shirt sleeves though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.