How fast is Apple's shipping??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rhodent2013, Jun 9, 2009.

1. rhodent2013 macrumors member

I just ordered a Macbook Pro yesterday around 4 and I chose 2-3 day shipping. How long do you guys think it will take before it gets here? I have been continuously checking to see if my items have shipped. The apple care protection says completed and the iPod touch says prepared to ship. Is it possible that my macbook could be prepared to ship today??

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

I've been hearing that people are reporting that the new laptops take a couple days to ship out when BTO.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

When I ordered my iMac on day they came out, it took 3 days to ship. Building is fast but it takes another week to delivery

4. glap1922 macrumors regular

I ordered yesterday around the same time as you with 2-3 day shipping as well. My order has been shipped and will arrive here in RI on 6/11. My Macbook Pro was stock and not a BTO, so it may be different.

5. mrj205 macrumors regular

I did the same. All the accessories, printer, and ipod shipped today, will arrive either tomorrow or on Thursday. The MBP is still "waiting". If it was BTO, it will take longer than expected.

6. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I had the printer and iPod too. What is BTO? I only upgraded the hard drive to 500 and added iWork pre-installed. There probably isnt a chance that it will be here by this weekend then is there...... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

7. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

BTO = build to order. Yours is BTO, 'cause you upgraded the HD and wanted iWork to be pre-installed

8. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

Dang. I hope it comes in soon though. It says the latest it will arrive is the 16th. Which isnt so bad. But it will take me a while to calibrate the battery. About how long does it take to fully charge this type of computer?

9. iPhone3GCrazed macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

Gahhhhh..... I'm in the SAME position. I ordered my MacBook Pro 13" last night around 8 pm EST. I got it BTO (Upgraded HD and had iWork Pre-installed). Mine says ships in 2-3 days and my latest estimated arrival is the 17th. Anyone have an experience where they didn't get their computer past the latest date? My dates are June 11th (Haha; aka Miracle) to June 17th :)(). God I hope I get it Friday or Monday.

10. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

haha me too. my status says "prepared for shipment"

11. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

I ordered mine on tuesday morning, got it the next day.

12. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

WTF where do you live and did you do BTO? lol. I am really jealous right now.

13. Vol7ron macrumors 6502

Vol7ron

I ordered my 17in BTO on Monday as soon as the Keynote was done with the 3GHz cpu and the 7200rpm drive...Chose 2-3 day shipping and it should arrive between the 16 - 22 of June....That is like forever....Still in the not shipped yet stage...Of course i am very impatient when it comes to new laptops....:(

14. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

I feel your pain. My laptop is still in China.. :( Well it says Left FedEx origin facility. Maybe it will be boosted to In Transit status soon so that it will be in Alaska by sometime in the early morning hours. I really hope I get something by Saturday so that I can at least have something to hold me through till Monday or Tuesday when my MBP comes in. I wish they had them in stores, and I wish they upgraded the hard drive in the store.

15. mrj205 macrumors regular

My ipod and printer arrived Wedneday. My Macbook just left China today. It will be early next week before it arrives I suppose...:(

16. iPhone3GCrazed macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

Well, I ordered mine on Tuesday night 8 PM EDT (8 AM in China) and two Chinese business days later... can anyone guess what the status is?

Right...

"Not yet shipped"

Glorious. I'm so impatient.

But luckily I opted for 2-3 day shipping so hopefully I won't have to wait for layovers, etc..... Hopefully.

17. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

I ordered the new 13" MacBook Pro right after the keynote and it took 3 business days to ship and will take 4 business days to be delivered. I ordered it BTO and with 2-3 day shipping.

18. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

Have you received it yet or is it almost here? I assume it came out of Shanghai? After it goes out of Alaska, where does it head to next?

19. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

It is still in Shanghai I believe, it hasn't made it to the US yet. After it goes through Alaska it usually goes to Indianapolis, then Memphis, then Atlanta, then delivered to me. At least that is usually how the FedEx packages from Apple usually travel.

20. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

Ok that is good to know. It will take ground shipping from memphis for me.

21. HarleyMan macrumors member

HarleyMan

I want to say mine came in 5 days but that was over a weekend. I do remember that whatever day they said it was supposed to be here, it was. They had a semi lame tracking thing through, I think it was Fed Ex, but it seemed to be updated only once a day, so dont wear your fingers out on the keys accessing it 8 times a day. But the whole purchase/shipping thing was a positive thing for sure.

22. idono1301 macrumors newbie

man, this wait is horrible! i cant even imagine how bad the wait will be after it ships.. i ordered tuesday (15in, 3.06Ghz, 7200rpm).. the mbp is still not even at the "prepared to ship" stage.. hopefully it ships tomorrow!

according to apple, my ipod and moshi keyboard cover should be here tomorrow.. cant wait!

23. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

well at least that is good news. My mac still says "left fedex origin facility" as of 2:05 am. I had read that FedEx runs 24/7 but I dont know. Some of the wait does seem ridiculous. And yeah, I agree about FedEx updating it only once a day. There have only been few occasions where I have seen a new update. The mac has been in the same status forever though. This is destroying me. And yeah, I am definitely checking the fedex page more than 8 times a day. I really need to refrain and just check it Monday and see how things are. That is going to be my goal. I will only check it tomorrow morning, saturday morning, (haha I have to..) and then after that I will not check it until Monday. I plan on staying home all day Monday and Tuesday though since those are the days that my stuff is expected to come in. I may post here and I may not, but based on my addiction I will prob. be posting.

24. cni2i macrumors member

I would like to order my MBP 17"....but I have read from a couple of other users that their delivery date was June 25th!?!?

The problem is...I will be away for about 10 days at the end of June. I am concerned about it being delivered when I am not there. I know they will hold the delivery, BUT i just don't want my new MBP sitting around.

Really? 3 weeks for delivery? Can anyone else confirm this. Please adivse. Thanks.

25. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr