Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ns6688

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2009
I would like to order my MBP 17"....but I have read from a couple of other users that their delivery date was June 25th!?!?

The problem is...I will be away for about 10 days at the end of June. I am concerned about it being delivered when I am not there. I know they will hold the delivery, BUT i just don't want my new MBP sitting around.

Really? 3 weeks for delivery? Can anyone else confirm this. Please adivse. Thanks.

I recently purchased the updated 2.8 17 MBP with a 128 SSD on the 9th. I have the education discount so I took advantage and got a free itouch and also ordered a case for the laptop. The ipod and case are scheduled to ship the 12th, and yes, the computer is scheduled for a ship date of the 23rd to the 26th, but that is because it was a BTO.

If you want the standard configuration on the 17" it may ship a lot sooner, but if you are going to be gone I would suggest waiting. If its a BTO, you might be able to time it right and get back in time to have it, but yes, they are delayed that long.

iPhone3GCrazed

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Ah... Another end to another Chinese business day and again, can anyone guess what MY Apple Order Status says?

That's right!!! Ding! Ding! Ding! Give the man a prize!

"Not yet shipped"

How long does it seriously take to switch out a hard drive and add iWork. In all honesty I probably could have done it myself in 20 minutes.

Business days since order: 3; still no budge.

And to think I bought this computer in the hopes of giving a keynote presentation on Monday, June 22nd and now I'm wondering if I'll even have it let alone have it long enough to make my keynote. Ahhhhhhhhgggg!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I'm pretty sure almost everyone here can understand my frustration.

iPhone3GCrazed

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Did I do something wrong? Does this look like most people's? Besides the moved order date indicator.

Attachments

• What's wrong.jpg
    What's wrong.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 61

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
If you ordered late Friday, or over the weekend, your order doesn't start getting processed till Monday China time?

rhodent2013

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
I would like to order my MBP 17"....but I have read from a couple of other users that their delivery date was June 25th!?!?

The problem is...I will be away for about 10 days at the end of June. I am concerned about it being delivered when I am not there. I know they will hold the delivery, BUT i just don't want my new MBP sitting around.

Really? 3 weeks for delivery? Can anyone else confirm this. Please adivse. Thanks.

I ordered my 15'' on Monday and it appears that it will be here one week later (Monday the 15). However, every orders are different. Maybe they ran out items? I know a lot of people who had ordered printers the same time I did and they got theirs on Wed. However I am not scheduled to get mine until the 24 for some bizarre reason. It all depends on if you are going to BTO your order.

iPhone3GCrazed

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Ok. I've gotten progressively more and more pissed throughout the day because of this. Seriously. How long does it take to load iWork and change out the HD. Not 3 business days. Another thing that's been irking me is that other people who ordered a BTO on Tuesday had theirs sent out yesterday and today. Cmon Apple. Now I have to wait until Monday for this computer to even ship! Apple estimated my delivery from 6/11-6/17. So if I don't get my computer a week and a day after I ordered it when I PAID for 2-3 day shipping. Ohhhh I'll be so mad. It's my luck. Arggg. To answer the post question. One word: SLOW.

rhodent2013

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
Ah... Another end to another Chinese business day and again, can anyone guess what MY Apple Order Status says?

That's right!!! Ding! Ding! Ding! Give the man a prize!

"Not yet shipped"

How long does it seriously take to switch out a hard drive and add iWork. In all honesty I probably could have done it myself in 20 minutes.

Business days since order: 3; still no budge.

And to think I bought this computer in the hopes of giving a keynote presentation on Monday, June 22nd and now I'm wondering if I'll even have it let alone have it long enough to make my keynote. Ahhhhhhhhgggg!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I'm pretty sure almost everyone here can understand my frustration.

I completely understand. Maybe it is in fact on its way and FedEx just hasn't updated the site? Maybe it will just miraculously appear on Monday like I am hoping mine will. Does anyone know if FedEx operates on Sundays?

cni2i

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
I ordered my 15'' on Monday and it appears that it will be here one week later (Monday the 15). However, every orders are different. Maybe they ran out items? I know a lot of people who had ordered printers the same time I did and they got theirs on Wed. However I am not scheduled to get mine until the 24 for some bizarre reason. It all depends on if you are going to BTO your order.

I was considering upgrading to 7400 and having iWorks installed. I can always install iWorks myself, so that's not a deal breaker. But, is it worth it to upgrade to the 7400? I don't play a lot of games.

Vol7ron

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
Derry, NH
It seems that they must be low on stock with the 7200rpm 500GB drives...Cause that raised the build time to 5-7 days...It really annoys me that it will take that long. It is not as if Apple decided on Monday to suddenly drop in this faster drive. They should have had enough on hand to ship it out quickly...Mine is scheduled to ship out between this upcoming Monday and Wednesday. So if it ships out on Wednesday then i won't have it till the following Tuesday the 23rd....

iPhone3GCrazed

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Ha... the Apple factory must have heard me complaining all the way in China...

"Prepared for Shipment"!!!

iPhone3GCrazed

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Can someone tell me what exactly "Prepared for Shipment" means? Like how long does it usually take to ship after this status shows up? Since it's 4:26 AM in China, will they send it tonight (EDT)/ Saturday (China Time)?

cni2i

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
I am considering the $27 "2-3 Day" shipping. BUT, what exactly does that mean? Does it mean that after it ships, I will receive in 2-3 days? That sounds obvious enough, but others have paid the $27 and are told that it will not arrive for another 7-14 days?

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
I am considering the $27 "2-3 Day" shipping. BUT, what exactly does that mean? Does it mean that after it ships, I will receive in 2-3 days? That sounds obvious enough, but others have paid the $27 and are told that it will not arrive for another 7-14 days?

Yes I do believe that's the time it take when it goes out of the factory (shipping time).

Anyone know how long it takes doing the free shipping? Don't know if it's worth it spending those extra 30 bucks.

rhodent2013

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
Can someone tell me what exactly "Prepared for Shipment" means? Like how long does it usually take to ship after this status shows up? Since it's 4:26 AM in China, will they send it tonight (EDT)/ Saturday (China Time)?

It might take up to a day for it to say "Shipped" on your Order Status. After that, you have to deal with FedEX, which I found quite frustrating. It takes forever before it is actually in the in transit stage, but once it gets to that point it will be about a day or so before it arrives to your destination. Mine was ready to ship around tuesday or wednesday. It will be in my area tomorrow. However, since fedex doesnt deliver on saturdays... I will not get it until Monday. Unless they do infact deliver on saturdays.

DrBroccoli

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2009
It might take up to a day for it to say "Shipped" on your Order Status. After that, you have to deal with FedEX, which I found quite frustrating. It takes forever before it is actually in the in transit stage, but once it gets to that point it will be about a day or so before it arrives to your destination. Mine was ready to ship around tuesday or wednesday. It will be in my area tomorrow. However, since fedex doesnt deliver on saturdays... I will not get it until Monday. Unless they do infact deliver on saturdays.

They do ship on Saturdays! I just received a package from FedEx this morning (Saturday), but sadly it was not my iPod or MBP =(.

That I also find strange, my iPod and the package I received this morning (shoes, incase you were wondering =D) both arrived at my local FedEx hub at the SAME time last night, yet only the shoes came... FedEx is telling me I'll get my iPod Wednesday.

Looks like I'll be making the 10 minute drive to the FedEx hub Monday and picking it up myself and saving me a 2 day wait time! 5 days in shipping so far and I paid for 2 day...

Penguinwrangler

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
Edgewater, NJ
I ordered mine on Thursday afternoon, EDT, and it shipped early early Saturday morning, EDT. So less than a 48 hour turnaround for a BTO. Now we'll see whether Fed Ex actually takes five days to get it here.

rhodent2013

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
They Do Indeed Ship Saturdays! I Got My Mbp Today! I Have Enjoyed Posting While Waiting!

iPhone3GCrazed

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
They Do Indeed Ship Saturdays! I Got My Mbp Today! I Have Enjoyed Posting While Waiting!

Oh, I'm so excited for you!!! Enjoy it!!! :D What sucks, though, is that I ordered mine the day after you with upgraded HD and iWork just like you and I'm not getting mine 'til Thursday. Doesn't really make sense, but whatever... Have fun!

cni2i

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
Because of this thread, I ordered my MBP 17" bone stock today. I was considering the pre-installed iWorks and the 7400 HD, but just decided to order it stock and upgrade it later myself.

MPB 17" stock (ships w/in 24 hours; delivers Jun 16-19)
iPod touch 8gb (ships w/in 24 hours; delivers Jun 16-19)
Printer (delivers Jul 2).

iPhone3GCrazed

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Because of this thread, I ordered my MBP 17" bone stock today. I was considering the pre-installed iWorks and the 7400 HD, but just decided to order it stock and upgrade it later myself.

MPB 17" stock (ships w/in 24 hours; delivers Jun 16-19)
iPod touch 8gb (ships w/in 24 hours; delivers Jun 16-19)
Printer (delivers Jul 2).

Wish I was that cautious :(

rhodent2013

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
Wish I was that cautious :(

Ok, so I got my macbook and I ordered applecare protection and did not receive it with my computer! Some people said you would get the box but guess what, I didn't. What am I supposed to do for proof that I purchased it? I really needed the box. Someone please help.

iPhone3GCrazed

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Ok, so I got my macbook and I ordered applecare protection and did not receive it with my computer! Some people said you would get the box but guess what, I didn't. What am I supposed to do for proof that I purchased it? I really needed the box. Someone please help.

Call up Apple. 1-800-MY-APPLE and ask 'em why you didn't get it... that's ridiculous.

Baya87

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2008
shipping past "delivers by" date???

I bought a new BTO 15" macbook pro the evening of June 8 with regular shipping. The delivery dates were June 11- June 16. It is June 15 today, and my macbook is still "in transit, package available for clearance" in Anchorage, Alaska. My itouch got here today, but it took 4 more days to get here after it left Alaska. (They both came from China)

Right now the delivery date reads Wednesday June 17, but it seems like it will be more like the 20th....

Maybe this is petty complaining, but I am leaving town for a week tomorrow and I really wanted to bring my new computer with me!

Is there anyone who can speed this up or is it possible to get some sort of compensation for the extended time it is taking?? :)

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.