How Happy Are You With Your iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by SawceBaws, Aug 1, 2011.

1. SawceBaws macrumors member

Title says it all.

Did you have any issues with Yellow Tint? Any other display issues? How many of you have recalled iMacs that you're planning on returning? How is your overall iMac experience?

BTO or Stock? Would be more helpful if you mentioned that too!

Any replies would be appreciated, especially if detailed :p

Edit: Might be worth mentioning that I'm looking for answers from 2011 iMac users in particular, seeing as thats the one I ordered :)

2. MR.Raul macrumors regular

MR.Raul

3. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

I Have To Say

....Superb. The only issue I had was regarding to the Lion upgrade. I specced. this iMac up quite a bit, and my serial number starts with a "D" instead of an "M".

Seems apple forgot to put these iMacs on the list of entitlement One call to applecare sorted it out.

Display: !00%

Delivery: On Time

Speed: Awesome

The only tip I can give is to buy through Apple...I can mention a name here, many may well know her.

Ask for Jennifer Martinnen.

All that's left to do is choose your spec. :)

4. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Except for the freezing (video issue with Lion), yes. However, the freezing really is a thorn in my side. It's frustrating. Lion should not have been released Lion like this. A .1 fix needs to come fast.

5. SawceBaws thread starter macrumors member

I've ordered my iMac from the online store. It's the high end 27" with an i7. I'm just kinda worried that it'll arrive with a faulty HD + Really bad display :( Do you know if those displays are still at large? And since when Apple stopped producing iMacs with faulty HDs?

6. chris1184 macrumors regular

Overall I am very happy with my iMac, the machine is blazing fast, I love the screen, magic trackpad rocks, and the more I get used to Lion the more I am liking it. One minus was the seagate harddrive issue...other than that it's all peaches and cream.

7. SawceBaws thread starter macrumors member

When did you buy yours? Is it BTO or Stock? And did you replace the HDD?

8. chris1184 macrumors regular

i bought it like end of June...its the higher end 21.5 inch one stock...i upgraded my memory to 8GB (soon to be 12). I did replace the HD you can read this short thread about it:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1195207 (page 2)

9. lantree macrumors member

One month in and everything's fine no dead pixels, no yellow tint. The machines been on every day since i got it and not had any problems at all. Got mine BTO from our local reseller who where great putting up with my thousand and one questions. First time mac user just wish i'd have done it earlier.

10. 88 King macrumors 6502

88 King

I'm very happy with my 2011 27 imac. Found the screen have small yellow tint issue using the gray bars test, but since I don't notice under any other usage I'm not going to worry about it.

I've been less happy the last week using Lion with WIFI and other problems, now back to SL.

11. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

I ordered a 27" i7 iMac when they first came out (a year and a half ago, and a BTO). I wouldn't have noticed the yellow tint problem had I not read about it. My Seagate HD has been problem free. In fact the entire system has been problem free.

12. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Love my iMac to death. This is my third iMac, so you can say I am a fan of them in general, but they nailed it with this one.

It is a BEAST. Super fast. I have the high end stock 27". No yellow tint.

My only problem is adapting to Lion. Seriously considering going back to SL for a while.

13. SawceBaws thread starter macrumors member

I have a question. Is there less of a chance for it to have the Faulty HD if it's BTO and ordered during July?

14. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

27' iMac i7 mid 2011 happy with it, few issues getting Lion settled in, and worried with the Seagate recall as mine uses a Seagate, however was not part of the whole recall, so quite happy in that regard.

Runs like a dream :cool:

15. SawceBaws thread starter macrumors member

And when exactly did you order yours? I must add, all these responses are making me eager to get my hands on muh iMac!

16. Lethcoeb macrumors newbie

Lethcoeb

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

BTO 27" maxed everything but RAM (did that later)
    Very fast
    2 issues - have frozen at least once, and WiFi has dropped a number of times (old 24" sitting in same location never dropped wifi in 4 years)

17. Bettz1 macrumors regular

Very happy with mine. 4/5 Just wish they'd get a move on with resolution independence.The text is to small on the 27" display if I change resolution it becomes pixelated.If they sorted this it'd be 5/5 .I'm squinting more than ever good job I've installed windows 7

18. Texran macrumors regular

Pleased

No problems from my BTO even after Lion upgrade, no yellowing, noise, heat, or anything. 5 stars.

19. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Ah!

I've had mine a little over a year and very happy with it. No problems, I've maxed out the memory and am really enjoying it.

It was stock.

Corei7 2.8 ghz, 16 gigs of PC 1333 ram, 6+ TB of disc (mixed between 2 1.5 TB FW800 + 4 USB2 1 TB external).

20. Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

2011 21.5 high end 16gb ram. Couldn't be happier. 27inch is to big for my desk plus I prefer 2 monitors instead of 1 big one. Lion was gone off my machine the 2nd day I had it installed due to the wake on lan issues I like to use teamviewer

21. dwarnecke11 macrumors 6502

I think having such an expensive all-in-one is making me a bit neurotic about what is a simply awesome machine...

Is my left speaker louder than the right?

Are the corners of my LCD still free of dust clouding?

Was that a flicker?!

Why is my hard drive at 57°C?

:cool:

22. Ben Simpsy macrumors newbie

2011 27" i7, 2gb Radeon, 4gb RAM (ill up it later)

its part of the HD recall but i havent taken it in yet, applecare in australia (atleast the girl i spoke to) literally had no idea about the recall and then wanted me to wait until the HD died to do the replacement.

that aside its been flawless. my only issue is now i want a SSD and there are no service centres here that will do the upgrade and there is no Apple centre here.

23. Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

Haha
    OCD?

24. zarathu macrumors regular

zarathu

Have had teh iMac 2.5 ghz, 500 quad cord snb for about a week now. No issues. Encoded a 90 minute movie in about 40 minutes, with all four processor cores running at about 340% and though it got warm it moved like a speed demon. I would have had to leave for the moring to get my Macbook Pro to do something like that.

Very happy(it IS my 9th mac, 10th if you include an apple 2 clone)