How is your battery Holding up

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mr1dandy, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Mr1dandy macrumors newbie

Mr1dandy

i have a 38mm sports model and my battery goes after 15hours and 30minutes in power save mode. Normal use.

Anybody else this short?

How long does a 42mm Holding up?

2. jwball macrumors regular

3. Mr1dandy thread starter macrumors newbie

Mr1dandy

You have power mode always on or what :D

4. bliggs macrumors regular

bliggs

I have the 42mm sport. The first few days or so I was only getting around 16-18 hours per day. But now that I have everything set the way I like it, and am not fooling around with it constantly, I am getting closer to 34-36 hours on a single charge.

5. za9ra22 macrumors 6502

I have a 38mm sport, and typically have 40-45% battery left by the end of the day - typically 18 hours wearing and using the watch.

6. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

I too have the 38 sport. I can have a 1hr run or bike ride and still have ~25% left after 18h of normal use (max 10 activations per hour to check messages or upcoming events). But I have the turn wrist to show watch face of when not exercising because I do not like the screen flickering what also costs a lot of battery.

7. daydayvol macrumors regular

Depends on my activity level. Get up at 5:50am and play bball (track that). Basically I track every exercise I do. I am sure that will change over time. Well the watch has lasted every day with no problem. I got to 5% yesterday before bed (11pm). I am very satisfied with the battery life.

8. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I put my watch on about 6.30..have a few tracked exercises per day, maybe 75-100 email notifications and 100 texts. When I go to bed between 10 and 11, I usually have at least 30% battery left. Some days its still over 50%.

Makes no difference, I still charge it over night since otherwise I would have to take it off midday and charge it

9. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I have the 38mm SS and I'm only getting about 15 hours too. I track 2 half hour fitness activities a day and wear it most of the time which means it flicks on and off a lot and I keep checking things on the watch which is probably running down the battery. I plan to charge it every night one way or the other.

10. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I've got a 42 SS. Of course this varies depending on use but taking today for example. I'm at 17 hours 35 minutes standby so far (I usually average about 20 hours standby a day) with 1 hour 56 minutes of use and I've still got 52% battery left.

Some days the battery takes a real hammering, especially when I'm testing my apps and exercising a lot. But in all the time I've had it, since release, it's only gone into reserve once. So I'm really very happy with it.

11. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

I'm just not sure where all my usage goes. I hope that Apple releases that in a future update as an addition to the usage section, show a breakdown by app.

I'm at 9h13min of standby with 2h54m of usage which includes a 34 minute tracked workout. Not sure where the other 2h20min of usage is. I have only checked the time today.

I just did a factory reset and setup as new yesterday and didn't load any apps at all. No synced songs or photos, etc. I wonder if there are any BT issues with my phone/watch that causes it to switch to wifi or burn through battery on a faulty BT? Not sure.

Problem is that I reported it to Apple but they say it's within the typical use case they have on their website. Which sucks because it appears they undersold and over delivered on battery life. So if anyone has a problem, it's not a problem :)

12. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I'm currently at 69%. Took it off the charger around 8:30 this morning, its now 5:37PM

Usage: 3 hours, 24 minutes
    Standby: 9 hours, 6 minutes

i have no idea if this is good or bad, leaning towards good. but i can't imagine having used the watch for 3.5 hours today. just checked and responded to a few messages and checked the time from now and then.

13. Dumbinho macrumors member

I didn't charge my watch last night for the first time. I wanted to see how long it will last. Right now is almost 6pm. And I have 22% left. And my day starts at 5:30am and usually go to bed around midnight. I'm happy with the battery life

14. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

Off the charger at 8:30 am. At 5:30pm, I have 71% left.

Usage: 1 hour, 34 minutes
    Standby: 9 hours, 19 minutes

Of course, these numbers don't add up, since the watch has only been off the charger for 9 hours.

Regardless, it's looking good to me.

15. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I typically have 60-70% battery at the end of the day. I'm so relaxed about the battery I don't have the battery meter as a complication any more. I'm guessing it could survive two days without a charge, but it's so easy to charge it at night, that I've never tried it.

16. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

42mm Stainless steel. I received my watch Tuesday of this week. turned on and began using since 10AM yesterday. I'm at 4% battery with 4 hours of usage and 17 hours of standby.

17. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

42mm SS. The days I work out I usually have about 20-30% at the end of day. The days I don't I usually have 40-50% left at the end of day. I always charge it overnight regardless of how much % I have left.

18. derekreilly macrumors newbie

I wear mine on average 15 hrs per day and usually finish the day with 50-60% remaining. 42mm Sport.

19. producerlawson macrumors regular

SB SS 42mm, I wear it all day from 8/9ish till 2-3am. Maybe I'm not using it 'enough' but I'm managing to get around 30-40% before I head off to bed.

I use it for around 2 phone calls roughly, a lot of texts, directions and appointment/planning tasks.

20. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

The battery lasts more than long enough for most. BUT Apple had to kill some of the features like the HR sensor timing to get the battery life we enjoy.

21. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Well, no. Apple changed the HR timing in order to get a more true resting heart rate.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

BS.

How does changing it to only check every 10 minutes help and ONLY when you are NOT moving your arm?:confused:

The HR function is about as bad as it gets. My $250 Fitbit Surge does HR constantly even when worn loose on the wrist.:rolleyes:

23. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I've had my 42mm watch for over one week and I'm pretty impressed with the battery life. It's pretty much impossible for me to kill the battery in one day.

24. bh85 macrumors regular

bh85

7.5 hours later with 79% left. Screen is on brightest. Few notifications here and there, few texts.

25. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

got 38mm, put it on at 7am and usually have ~20% at 11-12pm after a full day + at least one hour workout