How Long Is/Was The Line You're In...???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by YaBoiD, Mar 16, 2012.

1. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

My friend has been in front of Best Buy since 3pm EST yesterday and he's been rhe only person. Even now we're the only ones here. This is my first iPad launch event but I have waited hours in line for iPhones and they have always had extremely long lines. I'm not complaining because at least he is definitely getting his iPad (pre-ordered mine from Apple) but isn't this supposed to be a big release especially with the retina display? How do your lines look. Are you the only ones in line at your Best Buy, Walmart, Radio Shack, Sams Club, or is there a crowd?

2. SporkLover macrumors 6502

I was second in line at 11 pm at my local Walmart.

3. Cingular macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Nope going to take a long nap before I head out to my Best Buy. Will probably go 1 or 2 hours before they open.

4. falcora macrumors 6502

My line at the Apple store in salt lake city utah, has over 100 people in line already. Its 1am, so 7 more hours before launch.

5. DS3 macrumors 6502a

I waited a couple hours at wal-mart just to be sure I could get the one I wanted (didn't work, they only had one model), but a 10th person (the amount they had) didn't show up until about 15 minutes before midnight.

6. MS2083 macrumors regular

got to the Mall by 12:02am, there were already 5 people ahead of me.. then we all got asked to leave by Mall Security which kinda SUCKS!!!! they don't want anyone on the Mall Property Until 4am

7. midloman macrumors regular

midloman

I just arrived (3:40 AM) at my local Best Buy in the suburbs of Richmond, VA, and I'm the only one here. Sitting right next to the sign that says tickets will be handed out 2 hours before store opens, which should mean 8 AM (pickup in store by 2). Couldn't pre-order, need to get it at Best Buy.

8. d0vr macrumors 6502a

Aw, I started my thread to early.. I got there at 8.30am, was out by 9.

9. REDTAZ macrumors regular

I'm waiting outside of Sams Club in my car since nobody is here yet. My Sams Club only has 3 of the white WiFi 64GB models, so I made sure to show up early ;) Better to be early than sorry.

10. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Only one other person at my local Wally World.

11. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

do you need Plus membership to get in at 7AM? I had to upgrade my membership to Plus on Thur and get ready today. I will cancel it though. I plan to come 1 hour early

12. REDTAZ macrumors regular

Not sure, but I already have a business membership so didn't have to worry about it lol. Which are you looking to get and what Sams Club are you heading to? I might know what they have in stock if their in SoCal I called all afternoon and found out their stock haha

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I heard about this at 11:45, walked into Walmart at 12:15, no line, bought mine & left. How odd.

14. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

I plan to get 32 wifi black. I am in charlotte, nc. only two locations have ipad.
    one location does not have 32GB and only has 6 total. the second location has 60 total with 20 32GB ones.

I can't sleep and has been awake since 1:30AM but don't want to get there too early. I will go there an hour or 2 early

----------

As I predicted, Apple launchs ipad in multiple countries at the same time. that means they mass produces for a while and prepared. so U.S. should have plenty and multiple retailers has ipad. no need for long line.

for those pre-order, they have to wait at home all day to get their. I buy local this time and no need to wait all day for UPS

15. REDTAZ macrumors regular

Woah! That's awesome. I was initially planning on getting the 32gb WiFi in white but NONE of the SoCal clubs are carrying the 32gb model and the only sams club which i could find, which is the one which I'm at, only has 3 of the White 64gb WiFi Models, so i came early. All other clubs said they would only have the 64gb in black and 16gb in white, but of course 16gb is way to little.

I couldn't sleep either so decided to just come lol. To excited.

16. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

anyone in line beside you yet. I am still in bed browsing forums.

----------

I plan to get two 32GB ones. just in case if I happen to get yellow/tint screen and need to replace it.

17. REDTAZ macrumors regular

Not yet, still waiting in my car. I initially decided because when i called earlier today the manager who i spoke to said people had been calling about it all day non-stop so to make sure to show up really early, which i did. I kind of regret it now a bit.

Let me know if your Sams Club is going to carry the 32gb in White. :)

18. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

updated my previous post. why white? I like black since it is less distracted and focus on the screen instead.

19. REDTAZ macrumors regular

That's actually a really good idea and I may end up following in your steps and getting two 64gb incase one has any problems. I've just always been amazed by the white one since it was released and owned a white iPad 2 and currently own a white iPhone 4S. I also have the black smart cover so especially like the black/white look of it, just as i have a black bumper case on my 4S.

20. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I believe you may be overconfident. Most of us didn't know about the midnight release at Walmart. Hearing about it at the last minute, I drove to Walmart because it's close & without any expectations.

Even though I have my pre-order arriving at 9:50am FedEx tomorrow, I still bought one when seeing there was no line at Walmart. I'll give it to my brother.

My local Apple store was covered on the 11:00PM news, the line was at least 40 people long.

Little did they know :)

Don't kid yourself, lines will still form, demand is high, some of us just got lucky.

21. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

remember that many people got either ipad 1 or 2 already. and many will not upgrade just for the screen.

22. REDTAZ macrumors regular

Agreed, we are lucky. One of my local Sams Clubs had 5 people waiting in line by 8PM yesterday. No idea how long that line possibly is now but id assume around 30, seeing as when I got my 4s from them there was over 100 people in line and that was with pre-orders.

23. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    About fifty in line at Tyson's Corner mall, VA Apple store.......I am number nine. Got here at about 3:50 AM, we had to wait in the parking garage rather than being able to line up on the sidewalk due to some work being done at the entrance we normally would use. Instead, at 5:00 they let us in at the next entrance down and then issued wristbands (something new this year).

24. scrapple macrumors regular

scrapple

i dont see the demand like a new xbox or ps3..

move people are happy with their ipad2, so it should be easy to get a launch ipad3...

looks like most people were able to just show up and get them 5 minutes before the stores open, except apple stores...

25. obnoxious macrumors newbie

showed up at 11:55 pm at walmart. 5 people in front of me. :cool: