How long until the MBP is in stock in stores

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rbrandish, Oct 22, 2013.

1. rbrandish macrumors newbie

How long does it take after MPBs become available for purchase online (today) until they are available for purchase directly in the retail stores?

Thanks!

2. Braniff747SP macrumors 6502

Braniff747SP

It's quick. I bought my 13" MBP last year on the day of WWDC.

Obviously, this depends on the store; the larger stores will get shipments earlier. All should have some units by tomorrow.

3. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Almost always the next day. Never had a local store have them the same day, always arrive the following morning and takes a few hours to get them all checked in.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

5. Macalway macrumors 68020

6. Dubberton macrumors regular

I shouldn't have ordered online >< now I can't cancel. I made myself wait this time god dammit.

7. OceanMindedBoy macrumors regular

OceanMindedBoy

Ok. So I'm going to buy it at best buy but I found out I can save $100 if I buy it at the apple store with student discount. Will they price match at best buy?

8. Dubberton macrumors regular

I hate best buy anything but there!

9. gus6464 macrumors regular

Best Buy will do edu discount on macs.

My local apple store said they will have them in stock tomorrow night.

10. OceanMindedBoy macrumors regular

OceanMindedBoy

It's not my favorite place to shop but I have a juicy amount on a gift card for best buy and I also have a credit card with 18 month no interest I haven't used and it will help me to build credit. It's a done deal. Especially they price match the educational price.

11. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I've seen multiple people here mention how they have large amounts of credit/gift cards for Best Buy and I'm curious about how that is? (If you don't mind, of course)

Personally I'm waiting for places like MacMall or B&H to get them in stock so I can see if the tax savings will be worthwhile for me or not compared to the edu discount, but if I had a decently sized gift card to Best Buy then I'd probably buy from them as well.

12. Dubberton macrumors regular

I suppose. Apple has similar financing deal with a Barclay card. If you are into building credit then check that out - more cards the better. You could maybe buy the AppleCare from bestbuy with the giftcards.

Have a good one I'm off to bed

13. fs454 macrumors 65816

I'm gonna be trying the LA Apple Stores in the morning. I'll report back if I have any success.

14. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

me too. Noticed B&H had some place holders for the new ones. However I'm looking to find a 16gb 13" so far it seems to no one is offering that ram config other then apple directly. I hope this doesn't mean its a BTO option only.

15. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I'm also after a 13" model. I'm still toying with the idea of getting 16gb of ram or not. Until I sold my Mac, I was using 5-6gb of ram but with the Mavericks memory compression I may still be fine with 8gb. But I plan on keeping the machine for a few years...decisions, decisions.....

16. MaclandValhalla macrumors member

MaclandValhalla

Were you editing videos?

17. ano0oj macrumors 6502

I like how people are getting expedited shipping for 1 day early arrival lol

18. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

B&H normally stocks different options for the same model. I'm pretty sure they'll eventually have a 16GB MBP13 once the onslaught of the base model is over with.

19. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I used to do quite a bit of work in after effects, but I don't anymore. Just PhotoShop now. For that reason I'm kind of thinking I don't need 16gb and I might as well save that money for something else.

20. legalchance macrumors newbie

Got mine in store today, called them to check if they had any in Covent Garden, they said they had only 256Gb and 512Gb, got there in an hour or so and only found a 2.8/512/8 available, got my student discount on and left happy.
    So happy I didn't go for the Air in July.

21. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I tried ordering one online using the pick up in store feature. It gave me Friday 10/25 as the pick up date for all NYC area stores.

22. fs454 macrumors 65816

Called two stores in LA at like 10:01 AM. They sounded groggy and wouldn't give me any other information than "We're optimistic we will receive stock soon".

I hate Apple's internal secrecy on professional tools. I'm gonna call again in about an hour and try and pry out of them the usual delivery time for their daily product shipments.

23. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Called Cerritos and they said they don't have them yet.

24. fs454 macrumors 65816

The Grove and Beverly Center are a no-go as well. Bev Center said maybe later today and to keep trying back.