How many iPhones 4 replacements have you had?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Risco, Aug 14, 2010.

?

How many replacement iPhone 4 have you had?

1. One

53.3%
  2. Two

17.1%
  3. Three

8.6%
  4. Four or more!!

21.0%
  1. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

On my fourth one lol. The first had smudges under the screen the second one locked up to the point I could bot switch it back on without a soft rest and the third had dead pixels. All from O2 shop in the UK. On the third exchange they got really angry with me and refused to exchange and said there was an acceptable dead pixel limit... I had to ring customer service who I turn rang Apple on my behalf. They confirmed the store was lying and there was no limit and if I had issues Apple would exchange it for me or I could do it in the shop. I decided to try the shop again as I did not want a refurb. I had to speak to customer service in the shop who then told them they had to exchange it. Teach me for going in on Friday 13th lol. Touch wood this one is fine, top marks to O2 phone service and Apple. Btw all of them had yellow camera issue and each one was a different week. The current one is not so severe I the yellowing, it is clearly a software issue, hope Apple fix it.

Guess I am just unlucky, how many have you guys had?

2. MorganK macrumors regular

3. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

I've only had one and that was because one of the volume buttons felt like it had something underneath it and it was hard to push. The guy at the apple store said he felt the difference right away and replaced it.

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I want an option for none.

Week 22 iP4 going strong since launch.

5. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I missed the word replacements so I voted 1, but I just meant I have only had 1 iphone with no problems.

6. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

First one had a big yellow line that never disappeared. Second and third had multiple dead pixels and dust. 4 arrived with multiple dings and scratches in the aluminum band. I took pictures of that one because it should have never left the factory like that! Apple has been great and apologetic but I think I am cursed?

I'm also thinking it's unrealistic to expect no dust or dead pixels in a 2010 Apple product. Just seems they are making them as fast as try can and quality control suffers.

7. Risco thread starter macrumors 68000

Risco

I can't edit the poll unless a mod can do it.

8. xraytech macrumors 68020

1st exchange for a dead LED

2nd because I lost it

9. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I've had one replacement due to some yellow-spotting on my screen that did not go away over time.

This one has been a charm. So glad I didn't have to go through the hell that was finding a 3G without gigantic flaws. I went through an ungodly number of units before I found one.

10. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

None, still have my launch day iPhone, only problems I have are the signal problems but that was solved with a bumper and the proximity sensor which is actually caused by my screen protector so it's not actually a fault with the phone at all

11. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

12. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

13. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

None.
    Launch day week 23 phone. Loving it except the prox sensor issue. Hoping 4.1 does it for me.

14. camarobh macrumors 6502

None. Bought two on launch day, both work great!

15. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

16. Stein357 macrumors 6502

One because the headphone jack was not working correctly the day I got it.

17. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

+1

18. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

19. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

20. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

On one hand, as a long time Apple enthusiast (not fanboy) I'm very disappointed to experience the decline in quality. On the other hand at least Apple has retained it's good customer service to mop up after their mistakes.*

While it's very costly & inconvenient for the customer to have to deal with returns, if you have the patience, you will eventually get a good one.*

After six tries I got one that will make & hold calls.*

That sounds silly to have to go through all that, but it's just a fact of life with Apple today. Recently it was revealed that Steve Jobs knew about the antenna problem one year prior to the phones release. However greed was his highest priority, so he decided to save costs and not fix it.*

All I care at this point is that I finally got one that works.*

21. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

One replacement, and I'm probably going on a 2nd.

First: FaceTime froze on any call on any wifi network.

Second: Battery drains significantly over phone calls. When doing heavy use of the phone, it's no issue it drains slowly but in a proper way. When I call someone after 10 minutes my battery has drained almost 20%, sometimes 25%. I thought this had (roughly) 7 hours of 3G talk time? I'm getting about an hour.