iPhone XS Max How many of you have bad Bluetooth connection on your XS Max

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xrb936, Sep 25, 2018.

1. xrb936 macrumors member

Hi guys, I am just confused that my AirPod has very unstable connection to my iPhone XS Max since I got it, but it works perfectly fine on my iPhone X. And also, it has very poor connection to my car. No song can be played completely without interruption. Do you guys also have this problem or just me? I am pretty curious.

2. upnorth85 macrumors 6502a

upnorth85

I have not yet connected my Airpods. But my Apple watch and Bluetooth connection to my Acura MDX Advance is no different to my previous iPhone X.

3. FPP777, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018

FPP777 macrumors member

My daughter mentioned this problem to me today. She said it would connect, but very choppy.

Her only BT connection is between max and her airpods

4. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

No problem here Air Pods, beats pill, Apple watch

5. g8tor111 macrumors newbie

g8tor111

I’m having the same problems with Bluetooth connectivity, the only thing that shows in Bluetooth is my AirPods and something is wrong with that connection because it keeps draining the battery on the left AirPod.. And it receives from my Fitbit but does not transmit to it nor does it show on my Bluetooth list..

6. numberfour macrumors regular

numberfour

Not sure if it's max specific, but no issues with my XS

7. g8tor111 macrumors newbie

g8tor111

My phone is an XS

8. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

Apple Watch, AirPods, and the connection to my car seem fine.

9. madKIR macrumors 6502a

Is there light at the end of this tunnel of complaints? LOL It seems like the iPhone Xs (especially Max) is a total disaster. Considering how much Apple charges for it, it's just pathetic.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

My AirPods, two pair of Bose head phones, SUV and my Apple watch have run quite well off my MAX BT.

Not a single drop.

11. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

Most of it is overblown on a site like this. You see the same people starting thread after thread about “issues”. It happens every year. Most people are very happy with their new phones.

12. xrb936 thread starter macrumors member

I will bring it to best buy and have a replacement, until I get one which has no issue.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2018 ---
    Exactly same thing! It my left side battery is always lower than right side after I change to XS Max.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2018 ---
    Just because we love the phone more than others, we are more disappointed when there is an issue existing, especially there is not only one.

13. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

Sure, if there is a legit problem, yes. But there is plenty of nonsense on this site as well. Posts like this are a joke too..

madKIR said:
    Is there light at the end of this tunnel of complaints? LOL It seems like the iPhone Xs (especially Max) is a total disaster. Considering how much Apple charges for it, it's just pathetic.

14. Deguello macrumors 6502a

Deguello

No BT problems.

This is probably the happiest I've been with an apple purchase and I'm sitting in a room with an Imac, MacBook air, MacBook pro, apple watch, iPhone 6+, airport extreme, and an apple TV.

I've had some sketchy LTE connections, but I'm not running around like my hair's on fire quite yet.

15. madKIR macrumors 6502a

So are you trying to say that a 1K phone does not really work well as a phone? LOL

16. Deguello macrumors 6502a

Deguello

No. I didn't say say it didn't work well as a phone. Stop being disingenuous.

17. madKIR macrumors 6502a

"I've had some sketchy LTE connections" - your words, not mine;)

18. Deguello macrumors 6502a

Deguello

I didn't say it didn't work well as a phone. Those were your words. Perhaps you don't understand that those two things aren't synonymous.

19. madKIR macrumors 6502a

I would say they are: we are discussing the phone that costs over 1K! In any normal world people should get a decent device at this price that works at least like the previous generation and definitely not worse. People usually pay to get an upgrade, not a downgrade. However, with some Apple fanatics I'm not so sure anymore haha

20. Deguello macrumors 6502a

Deguello

Well, since they were my words, I'm explicitly telling you that they aren't synonymous, I didn't say it didn't work well as a phone, and if you choose to ignore that and distort what I said, that's just you operating in bad faith.

21. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

22. upnorth85 macrumors 6502a

upnorth85

Apple Watch, Air Pods, Car, blood pressure machine, blood sugar reading. All of them work as before. No issues at all.

23. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I’ve actually been having issues too. My AirPods have been choppy (but not full on disconnecting), and my Bluetooth connection in my car is always cutting out for brief periods. Sometimes if I get a notification, I’ve noticed it will disconnect from the car. My X on iOS 12 didn’t have this issue at all.

Here’s the kicker though, I had to replace my first gold 256 iPhone XS Max with another one for a completely unrelated reason, and both phones have the same issue. It leads me to think it could be something in the software?

24. xrb936 thread starter macrumors member

Exactly. I bought 4 phones this year, and two of them are gifts for my parents. But now I have to take'em out and check if they have any problems.

25. uecker87 macrumors regular

I have a Bluetooth issue that I thought I'd drop in here... I have my Max connected to my car bluetooth... Whenever I play any type of content (videos, etc) the sound is always about a full second or two behind the video when connected to my car.

Anyone else experience this? I remember dealing with it with my old 6s Plus, but then I never experienced that type of audio delay with my Pixel 2. I assumed it was just some sort of bug that would've probably been fixed by now, but sure enough my Max is having the delay too.

Not a huge deal - I don't watch videos in my car that much (normally just during lunch breaks, etc), but it is still annoying.

If no one else gets this, then I wouldn't be shocked if it is my Equinox doing something wonky with the iPhone's bluetooth - but strange that the Pixel 2 was fine.