How many people absolutely love their MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by convergent, Nov 8, 2011.

1. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

This thread serves no purpose other than to express satisfaction. I've had my MBA now for a couple of weeks and its by far the most amazing computer I've ever owned. I absolutely love the thing. Its fast, light, and a work of art.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have had my 13" MBA a few weeks as well
    Best move I ever made from my 17" MBP to the Air
    Love it

3. snowwhite007 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Best thing i ever bought

4. imahawki macrumors 6502a

I have had mine since the date the last update came out. I LOVE my MBA but hate the Speck case that is the second one that cracked for no reason and Speck completely ignored my complaints.

5. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

I bought mine in 2010 and I'm still in love with it.

For the poster above: why bother getting a speck cover? Just makes it more bulky...get a sleeve to carry it around.

6. strwrsfrk macrumors regular

Absolutely Awesome

Best laptop I've ever owned. I've had 17", 15", and 13" MacBook Pros, a 13" Polycarbonate MacBook, a 27" iMac, and several Windows PCs and Desktops. My MBA is my favorite machine to use on a regular basis, which includes office work and programming.

As a gamer, though, I have to keep my little PC around, and I love it for what it is (just trying to share the love... PCs get too much hate around here in my opinion).

7. fisherwwj macrumors newbie

8. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

This is my first mac... I love everything about it; the finish, the look, the power, the ease of use, the feel of the accessories, IDK I love everything about my macbook air!

9. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Currently in love with my 11" MacBook Air. I had a BlackBook in '08 I believe, and that was my first Mac, which I purchased on my own. I upgraded the following year to the 13" Unibody MacBook my parents gifted me for graduation. The following week though Apple 'upgraded' them to MacBook Pros, so I returned it to Best Buy in exchange of the newer machine since it had only been a week.

I had that 13" Pro for two years, and it was great, but it had began to run slow these last few months, and I would constantly get the beach ball. I also wanted something lighter as I had sold my iPad 2. So I ended up getting the MacBook Air 11" with a 250 GB SD. It's my only computer, and I love it. It's better in almost every way than my 2 year old Pro which I sold, and it's so powerful.

10. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have a Speck Satin (black) on mine
    And I carry it in a BookBook
    Perfect combo for me

11. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Absolutely love my 13" MBA. Once I finally find a sleeve that suits me, then everything will have fallen into place.

12. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Is it because you're worried about scratches? Don't the speck covers make scratches themselves? I remember reading that they used to...not sure if they still have that problem.

I'm not really worried about scratching the exterior since they're pretty hard to scratch if you're relatively careful. I'm more worried about the wear/greasy appearance of the keyboard and trackpad.

13. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I like the added protection
    But I also like the black and the look and feel of the Speck Satin

The BookBook case is great for carrying it around and I love the distinctive look
    I have one for my iPad and iPhone as well

14. ncarnall macrumors member

Love mine, bought 2011 in first week of release and no problems at all to date

15. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

Love mine!! Getting rid of the MBP and getting a TB display!

16. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    Same here, I do quite enjoy my 11" i7 256GB Air.

Still want to sell my late '07 maxed MBP, but that would be foolish as I need the backwards compatibility with VERY old devices still for my job. Looking forward to a future maxed MBP purchase though as I do miss the 15in quality screen. And here's hoping to no optical drive in any Apple laptops ;-)

17. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I just made that same move from a 2009 MBP 17" to a new MBA 13". I was worried about making the move rather than replace it with a new MBP 17" or 15". Because I was worried I may have made a mistake in making the switch, I kept looking for a reason not to like the MBA, but the truth is I like it... I really like it a lot. I really needed something that was light and thin and could easily be thrown into a messenger back or into one of the panniers on my motorcycle. I have to say, it more than fits my needs. :)

18. JustinDaigle macrumors member

Truly impressed with mine (11"). I bought it roughly a month and a half ago under the impression that it would be little more than a netbookish machine to complement my iMac, but after witnessing the performance of the SSD, combined with the i5 (still blown away that there's four logical CPU's in this thing), I think I may be more impressed with the Air than any other Apple device I have (although I love them all like children :p ). Amazingly powerful for the small, 2.5lb form factor.

19. deafgoose macrumors regular

deafgoose

I like my 11" MBA but I wish it were faster.

I am thinking about selling it and upgrading to a newer model.

20. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I adore my air. Its a ton more powerful than people give it credit for. I had to use it for some CG work in a pinch and I was amazed that it handled Maya and ZBrush with no problems and I had a pretty high res mesh in ZBrush I was working on. It was running on a 27 inch external monitor too.

21. sriggles macrumors newbie

I have gone back and forth between Macbook Pros and ultra portable Windows PC laptops over the years and these new Macbook Airs are by far the best hardware for my needs!

I purchased the second SSD MB Air model for around $2,500 back in the day and quickly returned the laptop because I couldn't justify the price. I consider the current models a great buy and an amazing value considering the speed and size of the device, especially the 11 inch.

22. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

Has become somewhat of a desktop replacement.

23. veterator macrumors member

veterator

24. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Love mine

Everything a computer should be. Perfect.