Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrVinney96

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2011
Holland :)
Love it. The next big thing would be an iMac.

1.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM
128 GB SSD
13.3' Display
Intel HD 3000

WytRaven

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Orbiting Mercury
I've never been a big fan of laptops, especially desktop replacements. The Air I bought to fulfil a particular purpose as I already have a 2009 Mac Pro for "real" work.

This 11" 4/128 Air is the first laptop I've come across that actually manages to be truly portable, it weighs the same as my iPad in it's case, and high enough performance to be truly useful.

All in all it does it's job perfectly and I love it as much as my other Apple stuff.

It did take two attempts though to get a keeper. The first one sent to me had terrible viewing angle and some backlight issues but the replacement Apple sent very quickly is great.

Awesome little machine :)

Last edited:

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
I loved my MBA while I didn't have my ipad.. But I got another iPad and now I haven't touch my MBA in over a week..

MacLappy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
Love my first macbook air, it was a 2010 13 inch base model. It serves as my wife's main computer now. Love my second macbook air ever more. 2011 13 inch base model. :D

cr2

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
I am not so lucky...

This thread serves no purpose other than to express satisfaction. I've had my MBA now for a couple of weeks and its by far the most amazing computer I've ever owned. I absolutely love the thing. Its fast, light, and a work of art.

Everyone in the family has MBA. They don't need space (shopping, facebook, e-mail for my wife) and schoolwork for my daughter... I am the one who is incharge of family photos, videos .. so I am stuck with MBP. I would love to get a big SSD for my MBP, but with cost of $1k or more it will have to wait.

I have to use windows laptop with massive amount of corporate bloatware (don't even count the bugs on these mandatory s/w) so when I am not working I have my MBP ....

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
This thread serves no purpose other than to express satisfaction. I've had my MBA now for a couple of weeks and its by far the most amazing computer I've ever owned. I absolutely love the thing. Its fast, light, and a work of art.

Count me in. I've been using a MacBook Air since February 2008, and the mid-2011 version the best yet.

Bonilla

macrumors member
May 14, 2011
México.
The Best Laptop! ever, i had macbook pro the new one and a 15" 2009 and without any doubt it is the best macbook and latop. I love it.

I wont change it for a while.

cityathrt

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2010
I adore mine. I take it everywhere in the house and love holding it one handed. I've still kept its predecessor -- an HP laptop around, and my newest hobby is to roll my eyes and scoff at it.

In two short years, I've managed to be fully converted with an iPod touch, iPhone, and MBA. Love Apple.

moikeyy

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
I love mine. I carry it around with one hand. Do some stuff supine while my air over my tummy. "Barely there" while in my backpack. The way it tapers down, lovely on my wrists. Ueber fast. Some people can't fathom how thin and light it is. Need I say moore? I love my Air :)

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
I adore mine. I take it everywhere in the house and love holding it one handed. I've still kept its predecessor -- an HP laptop around, and my newest hobby is to roll my eyes and scoff at it.

In two short years, I've managed to be fully converted with an iPod touch, iPhone, and MBA. Love Apple.

Many people in the Windows world even scoff at HP laptops. They haven't made anything worthwhile in years. If I were stuck on an island and my only hope for rescue was via communications through a laptop, I'd trust a Dell over an HP. (with Lenovo actually being my first choice)

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I have owned literally dozens of laptops over the years. Of all the powerhouses and other machines the tiny little original Toshiba Libretto was one of my favorites. Not much larger than a VHS cassette.

But the Air is now my favorite. I fell in love with the 2010 model and then bought the 2011 soon as it came out.

Michael

----------

Many people in the Windows world even scoff at HP laptops. They haven't made anything worthwhile in years. If I were stuck on an island and my only hope for rescue was via communications through a laptop, I'd trust a Dell over an HP. (with Lenovo actually being my first choice)
I agree. When I think of HP I think of tons of preloaded crapware, which is almost impossible to completely remove without a complete system wipe. That is like buying a computer with pre-loaded viruses. Yay!

Michael

ecib

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2011
It's the first laptop I've ever owned that actually did what a laptop was supposed to do: Be truly portable.

The trackpad, combined with OSX gestures makes it the first laptop I've ever owned where I didn't need to buy a portable USB mouse to effectively interact with it and get work done. I have a couple laying around the house and 8 months later I have yet to plug one in. Nice.

The battery life is good enough that I can leave with my computer in the morning *without* the charger, and use it all day without needing a charge.

I can literally just toss it in a thin sleeve and go, not needing the two main accessories that bulk up a supposedly portable machine.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Best laptop I have ever owned! I can carry it anywhere, battery life is great and it is damn powerful! Will def be sticking with the air line.

----------

Everyone in the family has MBA. They don't need space (shopping, facebook, e-mail for my wife) and schoolwork for my daughter... I am the one who is incharge of family photos, videos .. so I am stuck with MBP. I would love to get a big SSD for my MBP, but with cost of $1k or more it will have to wait.

I have to use windows laptop with massive amount of corporate bloatware (don't even count the bugs on these mandatory s/w) so when I am not working I have my MBP ....

I have a MBA and a 1TB portable hard drive. Why have a MBP with a slow HDD when you can have a MBA for the same price with a lightning fast SSD?

adamtj11

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Belfast
Love mine, have the base 2011 model, which is surprisingly faster than the 2010 MacBook Pro I used to have. 2gb of Ram is not as big a deal as people make it out to be with the fast SSD and i5 processor. Only thing I miss is a large internal drive but have a TB external for all my music etc.

Risasi

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2011

I concur on HP's. I especially hate fixing those stupid hinges on the DV6000/9000 series. Nevermind all the dead motherboards too...
But I do think their quality has improved a little. I'm still waiting for Squaretrade's next report to come out.

I also have been a longtime Thinkpad fan. Especially the X series. I went from an X22 to a X23, then X40. I jumped ship after that to Dell, because I wanted to hackintosh their Latitudes. But I still kept buying Thinkpad for my clients, and recommend the X and T series. I need to check out the Edge, it looks like it might be a good budget class laptop for the average user.

It's changed a bit since Lenovo took over. I had some major issues with batteries prematurely dying in the X60/61 series, but the X200's have been good.

If Apple ever returns to their early 90's demise I'll probably go back to the Thinkpad.

Chipg

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
First time I ever spent $1700 on a computer (more actually with the mouse, time capsule and other accessories), I have the 13" i7, best thing I have ever done! Love my AIR! It's also my first mac.

nspindel

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2011
Gotta join the MBA love fest here. Best computer I've ever owned, hands down. I've really liked many computers in the past, I have never LOVED one. This little laptop (I have the 11" and my wife has the 13") is the be-all, end-all computer.

I've got the Thunderbolt Display, and that just brings the machine to a whole different level - I have three Firewire 800 devices daisy chained off of it (1TB drive in a desktop enclosure, a little 500gb iomega portable, and a CF reader), plus gigabit ethernet, the cd/dvd burner, and a printer/scanner. The portabilitiy of the thing is "insanely great" and then plug it into the monitor and it's an amazing desktop.

Only complaint so far is not related to the hardware. I really wish they'd come out with an iBooks client for Lion, but that's got nothing to do with the Air. I just want to be able to read on it!

dzigg

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2007
Love mine.. but it makes me feel frustrated using other people's laptop/PC, especially those without ssd's.. I've been spoiled! ;)

usw

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
Lyon France
Fast, robust, light, quiet, cool, beautiful and ergonomic. That 11" is simply the best computer I've ever used !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.