How much do you snooze?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kolax, Feb 13, 2011.

1. kolax macrumors G3

Just curious. And, do you find when you snooze, that you are bit more drowsy during the first few hours of your day? I snooze too much - I can snooze every 5 minutes an hour. Feels good at the time, but when I get up, I feel destroyed for a few hours!

I also sometimes feel I'm more alert and awake when I have 6 hours sleep (rather than 8-9) and I don't snooze at all.

I'm making a big effort in the morning not to snooze at all, even for 15 minutes. It's pretty difficult though!

How does everyone else handle their snoozing?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i have a preliminary alarm that goes off about 20-30 min before my actual alarm. i consider this my snooze time. if i really want/need the extra sleep, i'll take the additional seven minutes (my snooze time) and snooze it up once on the main alarm. any more, and i'd be late for things. but after waking up, regardless of snooze time, i'm pretty much good for the day as long as i've had at least five hours of sleep.

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

This is what I do too. I don't think it works 'cause I end up sleeping through the second alarm :p

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Same for me. Usually I have to get up at 7.00am so my alarm goes off at 6.45am. It has 5min snooze setting so I slap it for couple of times before I try to get my ass up.

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

At first I thought you mean snooze, as the cat nap right after you first wake up in the morning.

Nonetheless, if I have a proper mornings sleep (7-8 hours) I will wake up in a snap. Anything less and before my usual time it takes at most one snooze period of 9 minutes.

And I hate snoozing during the day. Sleeping means I have less time to procrastinate.

6. gameface macrumors 6502

I sleep about 4-5 hours a night and wake up without a problem. A good diet will help your body be less drowsy. People who sleep too much, generally, have extremely poor diets.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm currently self employed and I work from home, so if I need a snooze then I'll just add that time on to the end of the day. Don't usually need it though, I get 7-8 hours sleep a night.

Maybe a nap if I've totally blitzed through a morning.

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I usually don't nap during the day. I usually drink several cups of coffee during the day. I wonder if they skews the results? ;) If I'm well rested I sleep about 7-8 hours night.

9. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

No snoozing for me. I'll take a nap if my normal sleep schedule has been significantly disrupted, but that's rare. Otherwise it's a typical eight hours of sleep per night. I'll do okay if I get less one night, but if I string together a couple of nights where I get less than eight - I definitely feel it.

10. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I don't want to snooze, but it is always so warm in bed and so cold in my bedroom, so that takes effort. Usually I wake up about an hour before my alarm goes off, so I put the heating on and get back into bed with a book. Because I've had to get up, that puts me off going back to sleep. The alarm goes off to warn me to stop reading!

11. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

I typically snooze 5 minutes for about an hour before I get up. Crazy, I know :eek:

12. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

I snooze the hard-coded 9 minutes for 2-3 hours sometimes!
    Sometimes I wake up before the alarm and turn it off and make some coffee..

13. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

Yup! I have two alarms on my phone just for this. My dummy alarm is something soft and usually set 40~60min early (getting an extra hour of work done in the morning always sounds like a good idea @ 2 a.m. :rolleyes: ). Its nice having that buffer zone of time when I'm REALLY tired. Past that are the 5min intervals I try to eek out (usually have to make that up again on my commute :( )

14. EazyWeazy3 macrumors 6502

15. rnelan7 macrumors 6502

rnelan7

Currently I am pretty lucky because my first class is at 12:30pm so no alarm needed. In the summers, however, I work at a golf course so I'm up early around 5am. I find it better to be in bed at 9pm and don't snooze at all. The only way I would catch up on sleep is to go to bed earlier instead of sleep later.

16. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........Wait,what?

17. ender land macrumors 6502a

Hm, I got up at 6:30 today (though I had thought about getting up at 5:30, not feeling the best so I reset my alarm).

No snoozing for this guy :'(

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Typically never these days. I got used to waking up the second the alarm went off because I used to get a wakeup call that sort of required my involvement. :eek:

Unless I'm sick, I rarely find the benefit of another 10-20 minutes.

19. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

I don't find any benefit to it - but it just gives me another 10-20 minutes in a warm bed before I have to get up and face reality!

20. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I do it way too much, but it just seems that I can't force myself to get out of bed. Typically, I'll do four 7-minute snoozes

21. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I normally get woken up my 2 little human alarms, who don't know the meaning of snooze. So my body is used to waking right up. I long for the days of lingering in bed and abusing the snooze.

22. mstrze macrumors 68000

I used to hit the snooze once....rarely twice.

Within the last 10 years or so I never hit snooze. I get up either 3:45 or 4:10 AM...depends on the weather literally, since I am a meteorologist and on more difficult weather days, I get up 25 minutes earlier so I have more time to look at the weather before I start my day.

I have a 3yo, so weekends are snooze-free. He refuses to sleep past 6:50AM most days. :(

23. MacVixen macrumors 6502

Ain't that the truth! My 5 year old has a 6am internal alarm clock. Rain or Shine, Weekday or Weekend, my day starts at 6:00AM at the very latest most of the time. This past Sunday, however, he somehow managed to sleep until 6:40 - felt like heaven! :p

24. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Kinda, sorta agree here...I rarely sleep more than 4-5 hours a night and usually get right up and out of bed within a few minutes of regaining consciousness.

25. gfish31 macrumors regular

i snooze every 5 minutes for about 40 minutes... and if i sleep past that i'm just going on a whim that i'll wake up still in time to leave for work. so it can get dangerous.