How much do you use your iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bowlerguy10, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

How much overall a day do you use your iPod touch? I haven't been using mine a lot lately. I need to start using it for music more, as I don't go many places so I use iTunes. How about you?

2. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I use mine ALL the time. I'll often pull it out to quick check something on the internet.

3. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I use it TONS. Mobile Safari and Mail are killer apps!

4. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you guys use your touches a lot when your at home?

5. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I use mine, everyday, at home and college. Its never more than 2 feet away from me. Apart from the wow's and iPhone comments I get daily from carrying it on me, the sheer functionality (I have the $20 january software update - Mail, Notes, Stocks Weather and Maps) of this device, is mind blowing now.

And, I can't wait for the day when I will finally be able to buy some full-blown applications for my iPod, off iTunes.

Who'd of thought an iPod would one day evolve into a pocket-sized computing platform! - 'Cos I sure didn't.

R-Fly

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

whenever i can... i use it alot at home, in fact the desktop is gathering dust... havent synced in at least a month...

7. bnizzy macrumors member

i WANT to use mine all the time.

but i can't.

Why?

THERE IS HARDLY ANY WI FI SPOTS IN NYC!!!

I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WTH??!?!??!

this is NYC. the FINANCIAL center of the world. and cell phones dont work in subways, there is NO wifi anywhere except for star-makeyoupay-bucks.

Its a constant reminder of HOW SEVERELY FAR BACK the US is from the rest of the world, esp Asia. It's like medieval times here in the US compared to Korea or Japan. Maybe closer to caveman times.

as much as i love my touch, i should have gotten an iPhone.

8. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I CANNOT BELIVE THAT!!!! I like in a small town in Spain and there are plenty Wi-Fi Hotspots!!

9. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

I live in North Carolina in a small town of about 10k people and there are 8 free Wi-Fi Hotspots. What's up with NYC?

I am looking forward to the day, hopefully soon, when WiFi access is as saturated as FM radio.

Edit: Nods to OP, I forgot to mention I use my touch 3 or 4 hours a day.

10. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

bnizzy, that is like the second nyc wifi rant from you today.

enough already!!!!!

nobody forced you to live there.

11. cmcconkey macrumors 6502

My 16gb never leaves my side, unless I am charging it late in the day. There are times that I can make it 2 days without having to charge it but there are many days that I charge it at night and still some that I charge it late in the work day. I have internet sharing turned on on 2 of the Macs at work, one for the upper floor and one for the lower floor, so that I am always able to check my work email (my home and yahoo also). I do a lot of running at my work, I am the IT Director, so the mobile safari also helps me out a lot. I constantly hit my contacts to find someone's number because I am too lazy to program the numbers into my crappy work supplied nokia that doesn't work play well with the Mac.

I do also use it a lot at home, and at the gym. I just wish there were more hot spots in the area, there are plenty of residential unprotected networks but I don't like sitting in someone's drive way to leach their internet connection.

Christopher

12. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I use mine all time. I keep it tethered to my MBP while at work, unplug and use it to play music on my car stereo, watch a game and surf the web at home and watch all my movies on it. I take it with me and jump on a wifi when I find one and check mail, music and other mindless things on the web. I also travel a lot so it is the second thing I pack, after my toothbrush.

13. Ferb 101 macrumors member

i use mine tons...

i mean i have TouchPad and Signal on it, makes life way easier...sit in bed and do the work :D haha...i dont even have to touch my computer lol...most of the time, i take my ipod touch everywhere....never know when you gonna need it...even if im just going out to buy something and come back i take it...lol...its my life...haha...

One thing bugs me, i wish that WiFi was like edge...lol...everywhere...FREE!!!
    now im really dreaming...thats never gonna happen...haha so that Maps and Mail and Weather could work all the time :)

14. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

When I'm travelling I use it close to non-stop - music, videos, internet, etc.

When I'm home I really only use it when I go to bed :)o), ie to watch a film or TV show.

That's the only downside, I haven't read a book since I got it!

15. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I check iCal every morning (and usually several times throughout the day), surf the net, check email, write notes, etc. I actually don't listen to music on it very often at all.

16. franzmueller macrumors regular

More or less half of the battery every day .

Some times even more :D

Saludos

Franz

17. EdwardsNH macrumors member

Typing from it right now. I get a sore back if I sit too long, and I'm sick of having a hot laptop on my lap, even with a pillow.

I would say I do about 90% of my email from it, and about 95% of my surfing from it.

I listen to a couple hours of audio a day and about 30 minutes of video.

My youngest daughter is only two, so the video acts as a great pacifier when waiting somewhere.

18. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

I only use it in my car..since I got my iPhone I have actually been thinking of getting rid of it...

19. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

I use it during my commute, which is about 60 minutes a day, unless I'm riding my motorcycle. On those days I miss my podcasts, so I have to listed to them at my desk with my MBP.

I hope to be using it more once I get my Griffin TuneFlex, since that makes it a lot easier to use in the car...

MacDann

20. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Doesn't make a ton of sense to have a touch and an iPhone.

21. MunnyGuy macrumors member

I am in Sales and use my Iposd Touch quite a bit. I have several Podcasts I subscribe to. I use the Calendar (although it COULD be improved drastically). When the kids are in the Car movies are INDISPENSIBLE.

As for WIFI I am in Canada and we have several coffee shops with free wifi. What I do is drive to high density areas and easily find networks that have not been secured. So check email, check my stocks etc....

I love this thing. it is my first Apple product I just love the little extras.

22. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

I know-- got the iPod the day it came out and was given the iPhone as a gift in December-- totally wanted the phone and the iPod was already open and being used, that is why I am considering selling it.

23. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

Almost all day, every day. Biking to school, slacking in school (It's what YouTube is for!) and car rides. Music is my life.

24. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

I just got my iPod touch 2 days ago...
    I love this thing!!!

I carry it around with my all day, using the internet and mail apps like crazy!
    It's honestly better than carrying around a laptop to do the same thing.

Also, I bought one of the old 1.0 versions (without the January programs), I hacked it, and then tried some upgrades, it didn't work so well.
    My 2 cents, spend the $20 on the january upgrade, it's better than hacking every upgrade.

25. NormNConquest macrumors newbie

Try Googling, Nimrod

bnizzy whined:

THERE IS HARDLY ANY WI FI SPOTS IN NYC!!!

Go here: http://www.wififreespot.com/ny.html
    Scroll down to New York City, Bronx or Brooklyn.
    Find over 200 free hotspots, including
    CBS Mobile - 34 square blocks of Midtown
    A dozen locations from Downtown Alliance
    78 restaurants, bars and coffeeshops
    24 computer stores including Apple
    Most city parks and libraries
    39 hotels
    or
    http://www.auscillate.com/wireless/manhattan/
    or
    http://www.nycwireless.net/
    or
    http://manhattan.about.com/b/2005/07/20/free-wifi-in-new-york-city.htm

My mama always says that life is like a box of chocolates. If you're not too stupid or lazy to read the map on the inside of the box lid, you always know exactly what you're going to get.