How Much is Apple Missing out on?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dcuellar, Mar 4, 2010.

?

How much will you spend?

  1. $1,000-$1,499

    50 vote(s)
    26.0%
  2. $1,500-$1,999

    57 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. $2,000-$2,499

    51 vote(s)
    26.6%
  4. $2,500-$3000

    34 vote(s)
    17.7%
  1. Dcuellar macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2010
    #1
    I was just curious how many people are waiting for the refresh and how much they are going to spend. Personally, I am waiting and will be spending about 2500-3000.

    Edit:
    This thread is intended for people who are holding off for the refresh and refuse to pay current prices for outdated hardware.
     
  2. Dcuellar thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2010
  3. Apple.MBPro macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    #4
    How much time left for this thread? Death clock is ticking...

    I can understand you wanting to do a poll, but MacRumors mods. generally likes to keep all of the similar topics in one thread (you can do a poll outside of this site, and post that link in the waiting for Arrandale thread).
     
  4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

    GGJstudios

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
  5. mattgoldey macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2010
    Location:
    Rowlett, TX
    #6
    Missing option...

    $3k+

    Before I found this website, I was ready to pull the trigger on a 3.06GHz 15" MPB with 8GB of RAM and a 7200rpm 500GB drive.

    $3249.00

    I'm glad I found the site. I don't NEED a new machine right now, I just want one. So now I'm glad to wait a bit and get more machine for my money.
     
  6. Dcuellar thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2010
    #7
    I currently run a forum. Deleting this would be ridiculous. Im not asking for people to share hints, rumors, etc. Hopefully they can understand my intentions.

    If they want to merge it that's different. That thread could have a poll, but there is not one.

    So far we have 4 votes. $8,000-$10,000.
     
  7. ronjon10 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2009
    #8
    I'm going for the model listing for 1999. In a few months I'll swap out the hard drive for a SSD, swap the optical drive for a bigger hd option and add more RAM.
     
  8. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

    Hls811

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2004
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #9
    Are they MISSING OUT on that money, or just waiting for it??

    If you're still going to buy a Mac eventually, they aren't missing out. If you are taking that $ and going elsewhere with it, then they are.
     
  9. Dcuellar thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2010
    #10
    Either way it is money they dont have now, but potentially could have if the product were released. What these people end up doing with this money is left to Apple's imagination.

    If anything, this is an indication of how much is waiting for the refresh.
     
  10. loyrun macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2010
  11. gwsat macrumors 68000

    gwsat

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2008
    Location:
    Tulsa
    #12
    With all due respect, I think that this separate thread has a place. The "I'm Waiting for Arrandale" thread..." is, to put it plainly, out of control. I posted to it more or less regularly last week but finally cancelled my subscription because of how insubstantial, not to mention interminably long, it had turned out to be.
     
  12. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

    Wicked1

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #13
    I currently have an early 2009 uMB 2.4 with 4GB/500GB HDD however I am considering selling it and getting a Refurbished 15.4" 3.06 4GB/500GB with the 7 Hour battery, so I am looking at $2,200.00 on a refurb but then I would buy AppleCare and get the full 3 year warranty. This should last me until2-3 years, besides the only thing I can not do with my uMB is game. The 15.4" with the 9400/9600 with 512MB VRAM is a little better for some games in XP Boot Camp.
     
  13. sharkzfanz macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2008
    Location:
    San Jose, CA
    #14
    Should never have to post outside the site.. If a post has a reason and a MOD removes it repost it.. The community will prevail.. Mods here are lately very police like and forgetting this is a community..
     
  14. guitarfreak846 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2009
    #15
    My budget is exactly $2,000. I plan on getting a high-end 15" i5/i7 whenever it comes out.
     
  15. roxygal9 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2010
    Location:
    Orlando
    #16
    im stuck between high end mba or mbp 13 in. will spend up to 2500 if needed!
     
  16. keitherson macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2009
    #17
    My budget is 2,500. I will likely wait another year for Sandy Bridge, because Arrandale itself is a ****** hodge-podge stitched together, and Sandy Bridge will have native USB 3.0 support.
     
  17. Crath macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2010
    #18
    so according to this poll, currently at 88 votes, its an avg of $170,000
     
  18. keitherson macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2009
    #19
    You mean total. So far.
     
  19. bob.loblaw macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2010
    #20
    Great thread, this info is very interesting. Please don't close it.
     
  20. Dcuellar thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2010
    #21
    This thread is exactly what Apple needs to stumble across.
     
  21. keitherson macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2009
    #22
    Apple isn't stupid. No company is stupid enough to ignore the opportunity costs of delaying a product, when sums of money are involved.
     
  22. Dcuellar thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2010
    #23
    Their cost to produce the current line of MBP's yield a bigger profit. I do agree with you though. The difference is I think they don't know we know that.
     
  23. schreck macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2007
    Location:
    New England
    #24
    I was originally planning on getting whatever the low-end 15" MBP would have been - until Apple added the antiglare configuration I wanted to the Refurb Store. Never purchased a refurbished unit, so I'm hoping things work out all right. If not, I'll return within the fourteen days and wait (or buy the new machine if it's out by then).
     
  24. Nein01 macrumors 6502

    Nein01

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2009
    Location:
    Germany
    #25
    about 3k

    however much the top of the line 17" is, although i might skip on ram and just install the max amount myself. oh and i'm going with a 7200rpm drive, not an ssd, so that'll cut some cost as well.
     

Share This Page