How often do you drink?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by crazycat, Mar 15, 2009.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I drink about twice a week and i would have around 4 beers, mostly while watching tv shows or a movie.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

about once every two weeks (more often in the summer)

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Over the past few years I have noticed myself drinking less and less. It is now where I may have a drink with a meal once a month or so. I maybe hit the bar now once every 2-3 months and have 1 or 2 drinks.

I used to drink a lot more. I just got to the point where having a couple cups of coffee sounded better then a few drinks. I guess I maybe to do with my families addictive personalities. I was always paranoid that I would start drinking more then socially.

4. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Is it bad that this is a hard question to answer? On average, once a week, 1 drink. But because it has been a school break and friends have been coming over more, we've been having a couple drinks with them so its been more these couple of weeks.

5. St0rMl0rD macrumors 6502

I am 23, don't drink because I don't feel like it. I've seen people drunk and don't want that, either. All the alcohol I ever drank was on New Year's eve, but even that was just a bit, I hate the taste of champaigne. I think I can have enough fun without alcohol anyways.

-J

6. crazycat thread starter macrumors 65816

crazycat

I was the same, a few months back i would be drinking daily, or at least five times a week, now i try to drink smart is there is such a term.

7. trule macrumors 6502

I drink every day, but not very much, lucky if its even one full serving :(

8. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I drink pretty much every weekend. This past week was spring break so this week was more than normal and usually its more during the summer too. I love high school, haha!

9. woolyback macrumors regular

10. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I have about one or two drinks almost every day. I very, very rarely have more than two drinks at a time.

11. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

12. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Not much anymore. I used to drink beers when watching the football (soccer :rolleyes: ) but now I only drink a couple of times a year - sometimes not at all. Not enough to get drunk, either.

13. timerollson macrumors 65816

Once a week when I'm out with my girls.

Usually, I'll have a dirty Martini or some Grand Marnier, neat. There are some days where I'll have a glass of Chianti, but that's only when I'm making a nice spaghetti dinner.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

15. bartelby macrumors Core

Used to drink as much as I could as often as I could. Now, 1 or 2 bottles of beer on the weekend. But not every weekend.

16. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I drink a few beers a week. Mostly on Friday/Saturday. Sometimes if I am having a good meal I will have a glass of wine with it.

17. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Everyday, usually beer, or red wine with the occasional bottle of champagne.

18. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Little and often... I'll have a bottle of beer with tea a couple of nights during the week, and maybe a few more at the weekend depending on what we're up to – for example, if we're at the football we generally pop down the pub for a pint or two before the game. I drink bitter and the occasional lager but never touch spirits.

One thing I certainly don't do mind is binge drink, and I'm pretty aware of what my limits are – it's been a long time since I've been drunk or owt.

19. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Same here, but ale only.

My liver has it's own postal-code.

20. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

When I was at University I drank way, way too much to the extent I was getting very drunk every night. However, since then my consumption of alcohol has dramatically decreased to the extent that now (in my 40's) I don't really drink at all.
    I wouldn't call myself a teetotaler because I haven't made an active decision to stop drinking alcohol and I will have an occasional drink on a special occasion but more often than not I'd rather have a cold soda than a cold beer.

21. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I used to drink alot, but now I'm so busy I'm lucky to have a couple beers a week. :(

22. lAciDl macrumors member

Maybe once or twice a weekend depending on if i go out or not. From anywhere to 3-10 beers or 5-7 jack & cokes(depends on if im DD or not). But that only lasts until the summer then all bets are off and i could be drinking every night.

23. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

HAHA, same... I'm < 21 so I cant really drink yet.

24. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

:confused:

I'm 17 and I drink once a week or so, depending on how many parties there are that weekend. At most, twice a week, at least once, every 2 weeks.

The key is responsibility. I'm not getting trashed off 151 every week, I'm just having a couple beers with friends.

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

On the weekends. There things to see and people to do. ;)