How often do you reboot your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thinkadam, Dec 3, 2011.

1. thinkadam macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Does rebooting every few days help memory or speed?
    I'm currently running 28 days since reboot.

2. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I reboot only when an issue occurs... Siri was getting "fussy" the other day, so I had to reboot. I don't do it very often, as my phone hasn't had very many problems.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Twice a month...maybe.

4. lilkangster macrumors member

once a month since I let my battery drain completely once a month. Other than that I don't reboot unless I really have to.

5. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

6. andyx3x macrumors 65816

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Me too, every 2-3 days.
    Only takes a minute.

8. tanhm macrumors regular

tanhm

9. lfc macrumors regular

Only if I have an issue with an app then I usually try restarting my iPhone, so roughly once every few months.

10. jadot macrumors 6502

jadot

11. jplusc macrumors 6502a

Wow I must be weird. I reboot at least twice a day, each time clearing out opened apps. I do it once in the morning after I catch up on everything and again in the evening before bed. I also do it anytime I install or delete an app.

12. nmork macrumors regular

13. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Why? Did you try using the phone without restarting for days? Do you know that restarting actually makes a different?

14. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

15. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I only reboot when I have a reason to, like a hard lock up or issue where quitting apps doesn't help. Those are pretty rare.

My battery ran down completely a week ago, which counts a reboot I guess. It's been running now for 7 days, 14 hours.

16. M Quick, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011

M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

I usually reboot the phone, maybe err, 1 time each month? Maybe less? Depends on if i need to or not. If i could, i would never reboot it. Because i have NEVER experienced a slow down of the phone by not rebooting it.

I thought you where never supposed to reboot these phones if you really don't have too?

It's not a windows-phone, or am i just used to windows otherwise which usually needs rebooting to maintain speed, as of OSX nor iOS does not require such things, which is great.

I wonder why you guys who reboot it so often as you do, is it because you're used to windows otherwise? Ever considered just running it on until you actually stumble into slowness or any problem instead?

I'm glad iOS doesn't really requires the user to reboot to function 24/7, compared to any phone i've otherwise had..

EDIT: Who actually votes down my post without answering the question or saying something back to me? Oh how i love keyboard riders..

EDIT2: Ok, we got cowards that doesn't have the guts to stand for what they do, obviously? :D Hehe! Now THAT'S funny!

EDIT3: And i forgot to add that i think i stepped on some guys toes, which OBVIOUSLY is those who reboot their phone without them even knowing why they do it in the first place, i just wanna say one thing, ignorance is a bliss, right? That's how you go through in life, ignore everything you don't want to understand ;) :rolleyes:

17. klo-mac macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Never, and works perfect

18. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

Once a day Mon-Fri toward the last hour of my work shift I will turn my iPhone off as I won't be using it anyway.

19. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Every single night before I go to bed, I kill all apps and reboot.

Whether it be computers, test stands or other equipment at work, I've long learned a power cycle for items that are usually on for a a long time works wonders.

The bottom line on this one, it can't hurt.

20. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I suppose. I personally don't notice any sort of performance increase rebooting, unless of course I was having performance issues in the first place.

21. Tophersky macrumors member

What you are doing is totally unnecessary.

22. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I don't usually reboot. What I usually do on Friday nights is that I plug in my phone to the wall charger and turn it off. This way I don't get awakened in the morning with a phone call when I need to sleep in. :D

23. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have only turned my 4S off to change SIM cards a month of so ago.

I also do not believe that running the battery down is required.:p

24. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

What if someone calls to tell you your grandma died?

25. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Well yea when my parents call they usually leave me a voicemail. But still I turn mine off on Fridays nights. If I get a voicemail I usually call them back. Plus it helps my battery last longer for some reason. Every Thursday my battery appears to be draining, it's been like this every Thursday. Other days it's been normal. I think Thursday is a disease for my iphone for some reason.