All iPads How often do you take photos with iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by adder7712, Sep 25, 2013.

1. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

It is a matter of convenience for me. If something interesting occurs and I happen to have my iPad in my hands, I would snap a few photos with it. Though I mainly use my phone for quick snaps as it has flash and a higher resolution.

Do you use your iPad to take photos? If so, how often?

2. Donki macrumors newbie

Everyday with the Mini as I usually have it close, but they are just snaps nothing I'd really print or anything. I think it will be a few years yet before I get rid of my compact camera.

3. kristalsoldier macrumors regular

Never! Nor do I take any photo with any of my other tablets!

4. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Never. Get rid of the camera, lower costs and give us more battery.

5. MorphMan, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

MorphMan macrumors member

Having travelled a bit recently I saw a lot of people using iPad's to take photos. I'm not sure why you have your iPad at Disneyland, Universal Studios, the Zoo or the Lincoln Memorial, but if that's what suits you then snap away.

Attached Files:

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm not sure I've ever taken a picture with my iPad.

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Everyday. I appreciate the big viewfinder. :eek: It's easier to frame shots with a screen that big.

8. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

When i dont have my iPod 5 with me which is like once in a blue moon :)

9. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I think I tried it once when I first bought the iPad.

10. robertosh macrumors 6502

robertosh

The guy at the left: WTF?

In my latest holiday travel I used the ipad mini a lot.

11. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Twice, with my iPad 2. Once of a plant in a library because I was bored, and another time of a friend to compare it to his iPad 3, so we could see the retina effect.

I always chuckle when I see people take pictures with an iPad, it just looks so unhandy.

12. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Interesting this was brought up.

Just a month ago, I was overseas with my students on an exchange programme (teacher here). I was tasked with updating the school blog about what was happening daily.

Rather than take photos with a camera, then wait till I returned to the hotel at the end of the day to upload them via the laptop, I opted to take photos with an ipad and upload it directly via the wordpress app. Way more convenient.

I tried my iphone as well. More handy, but battery life ran out very fast (between snapping and uploading photos, the battery was dead before noon. I had a portable battery pack for this though.

I ended up using the two. It's not something that occurs very often, but when it does, I am glad for the 5mp camera on the ipad.

13. Tysknaden macrumors regular

Tysknaden

One or two times a week. One to ten pics/ each session. On average.

14. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I've taken thousands upon thousands of stunning pictures with my iPad. It's the second best camera I've ever owned after my iPhone. I don't understand people who think it looks funny or is stupid taking pictures with an iPad. At the end of the day though who cares what others think, I'm the one saving memories while a few morons enjoy a momentary cheap laugh.

15. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

I have 3 types of cameras for different things.

My SLR for those far away shots (kids programs) or certain vacation shots

My phone for most other shots. (Picts of the kids, receipts, of items I see at stores I want to remember to buy online, etc)

My iPad for some receipts, Picts for blog, Picts of people for certain contacts.

My phone is my goto camera and my ipad has it's place but it's rare.

16. jprmercado macrumors member

This. So much. The "make fun of people taking pictures with their iPad" bandwagoning is just so sickening. There's nothing wrong with taking pictures using an iPad; people just aren't used to the sight.

I use my Mini's camera almost daily.

It's another thing to block other people's view when taking pictures, though, iPad or not.

17. BerlingerT macrumors member

BerlingerT

Not very often. I used to take pictures with it all the time, until I got my iPhone 4. Now the majority of pictures I take with my iPad are screenshots, rather than photos taken with the system's camera.

I do use the camera every day for Skype, though.

18. old-wiz macrumors G3

I've only taken a photo once with my iPad3, and that was just to verify it worked when I bought it.

19. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

20. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I've taken some photos with my iPad mini when I was on vacation this past summer on the beach. The photos came out better than I expected.

21. octatonic macrumors regular

octatonic

22. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Occasionally, but only because my iPad 3 has a better camera than my iPhone 4. Otherwise, I would have reached for the iPhone.

In most cases it was because I needed a simple photo for Facebook or to quickly email someone, and using my phone/tablet was the quickest way to get the shot. Otherwise, I would have had to go grab one of my regular cameras (Panasonic GF2, Canon PowerShot S100), take the photo, take out the SD card, pop it into an SD reader, pop that into my computer (and if I'm out travelling, that means waiting till I get back home or to the hotel), find the photo I want, copy it to the computer, then fire up Safari, load the website, and upload it.

Or, you know, pick up phone/tablet, camera app, CLICK!, tap Library, tap Share, send to appropriate app, done.

I was one of the first people to say that cameras in phones and tablets were silly and useless, but they've come a long way. Of course they're not as nice as a "real" camera, but they sure have a lock on convenience, and the quality we get now is definitely good enough for casual posts or emails.

23. bobright macrumors 601

God they look stupid bless them. Rofl

24. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

I take photos with mine everyday, several times a day. I'm an engineer and snapping pictures of drawings and using the iPad at my desk is so much easier than going back and forth to my drawing table all day to check my notes.