How often do you use Siri?

Speechless

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2015
Non-gentrified Brooklyn.
I've been using Siri A LOT recently. I don't know what they did, but they updated the hell out of her and made everything (including the smoothness of her voice) sooo much better. I had 17 messages that I haven't opened since Wednesday and had her read them to me, reply, edit the reply's, and so on. Even her reading back the texts were the way I would say it! From calm tone to bursting LOL.

Just fanboying right now, lol. Hey Siri is too cool. They did a great job.

Reactions: M. Gustave

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
I went from using it as a novelty, making a call or two, to never..... After getting my Apple Watch last year I'm finding myself using it a lot through it. Setting alarms, reminders, even math questions related to my work. I'd say the watch has made it more accessible. I've never used it for mail or messages..... Toying with it now though I do see some benefits.

Alternatively , the App Store has an app called 'Hound' that's crazy impressive......

Last edited:
Reactions: canuckRus

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
Never (なし)
I will only consider using it when Siri can correctly respond this: play 僕らは今のなかで performed by μ's.
plus, typing is always quieter than speaking. There are a lot of cases you just cannot speak nonetheless.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
I use Siri all the time especially now with Hey Siri. I use it to create reminders and to send texts all the time.
[doublepost=1473094497][/doublepost]
I use Siri every single day. The best part is having a Siri button on my car steering wheel so I can tell her who to call and which songs to play on Apple Music.
Same! CarPlay is also pretty cool and convenient while driving.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I don't use Siri.

Instead I find Google Now a brilliant tool that's accurate, fast and efficient.

Siri is too juvenile, cutesy and contrived. Programmed to entertain and impress the easily amused it's a time waster.
And Siri works just fine for many people.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
Rarely. I only use Siri to dictate text messages on occasion. I don't use many Apple apps or services on my phone, so Siri is of limited use to me.

off_piste

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2015
Never. Just tried it right now to send a text to my wife. What a pain in the ass to use Siri. I guess for driving it would be ok.

Delolia

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2016
Belgium
Actually , Only for my homekit devices (Philips Hue). I am a French people and Siri can't do a lot of things that she can in English (Wolfram alpha search for example). Maybe With iOS10 and third party apps...

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
I don't use Siri nor Google Now regularly, unless I want to just have fun or I'm in a situation where I can speak without embarrassment and typing **** on a mobile keyboard is too difficult. That, or when I'm lonely.

My dad however, I showed him how to use Siri because it's easier not only for me to teach him something but I'm sure it's easier to him (though his English isn't the best so it's a bit of a problem).

Last edited:

elf69

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2016
Cornwall UK
never, turned it off when setting up my iphone.

waste of time and inaccurate my fiancee uses it.

annoyed her that one day she told siri to "get stuffed"

it showed her stuffed toys from the web.

rugmankc

Contributor
Sep 24, 2014
Not as much as I should. It works very well for me when I do. Need to use voice dictation a lot more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.