How often does your Ipod Touch freeze?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xbdonx, Jan 12, 2008.

1. xbdonx macrumors newbie

So I got my ipod touch about 5 days ago, Was super stoked.
    Jailbroke it, put Apollo AIM on it, was stoked.

Started using the web browser a lot and getting on AIM and chatting to 3 people at a time, was stoked!

Then, it started freezing.
    I signed off AIM, tried going back to home screen it froze had to restart.
    Happened again this morning but in the middle of a conversation.

And happened 2 more times while just searching on safari. (No weird website either).

Thats 4 times in the past 2 days, I've had to manually restart my ipod because it froze.
    Is this normal for an avid surfer/aim chatter?

2. rusty. macrumors member

rusty.

Mine freezes all the time and I have not jailbroke it due to only having my music on my touch and its a pain in the ass it erased some of my music too.

3. xbdonx thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm trying to figure out if its just mine to see if its defective so I can get them to fix it. But if your having trouble too then I dunno.

When does yours freeze? On safari or only during music playing

4. Terberculosis macrumors newbie

I've had mine for about 3 weeks now, and I've never had it freeze. Pretty regularly It wont sense my touch commands on the first couple attempts. It is especially common when I double tap the home button while in safari, I can't pause or adjust the volume right away, But usually after 2 or 3 seconds it becomes responsive again. This could be in part due to the screen protector I have on it, but I don't believe so, as I read a lot of PDF ebooks through safari and The screen protector has not hindered my ability to scroll at all.

No jailbreak on mine yet, so that could be a factor. I am interested to know what those of you without jailbreak installed were doing at the time it froze.

5. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

Mine is jailbroken and only freezes when I open an e-mail attachment (every so often, not every time).

It has never frozen otherwise.

6. xbdonx thread starter macrumors newbie

Im curious to know if its because I multi task a lot.
    I'll have Apollo signed on and I'll be searching safari at the same time, and switch back and forth to monitor conversations.

7. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Jailbroken, mine froze mabey twice, not jaibroken, never

8. SuperDaddy macrumors member

Same exact circumstances for me, too. Drives me nuts.

9. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

jailbroken and it has never froze in 4 weeks.

10. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

11. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

My iPod Touch only freezes when I try opening my RSS feed. I can safefly say the only reason for this is because I'm currently subscribed to so many feeds. But, other than :apple:this i have never had my Touch ever freeze..

12. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

never had it freeze, got it the first day they came to bestbuy i think in september

ive had safari crash on me though

13. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

I've had my Touch for a little over a week (no Jailbreak yet) and I haven't had a freeze yet. But sometimes the video, whether YouTube or a DVD I've put on, breaks up and I have to shut it down and restart to fix it.

14. pab277 macrumors regular

since I've had it from October to now, youtube has frozen twice, and safari about 5 times and thats when I was trying to load a page with too much content. All I did was hold the home button for about 10 sec. And all was good when I went back into safari.

15. Terberculosis macrumors newbie

As I said earlier, mine is non jailbroken, and I use it as an ebook. So I am opening large email attachments from myself all the time. Still no freezes.

16. cashmoney macrumors member

Jailbroke mine. Mine freezes if I try to multi-task. Even if I listen to music and just safari it freezes (keep in mind that it did this even before I jailbroke it...). Apollo freezes even if it's just that running. It's upsetting.

17. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

safari and music is a known problem.

18. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

Mine has frozen on several occasions but I can generally replicate all of mine. Also I noticed that if my main disk partition approaches full, I seem to get more crashes. Removing apps generally seems to alleviate this.

19. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

safari works as well on my iPod Touch as it does on my MacBook(which is why I don't use it often). I've never had my touch lockup only safari app.

20. arj8138 macrumors member

Mine freezes a couple times a week.

If you get SysInfo App it can tell you the processes that are running and you can kill ones that you arent using.

For example, even though you went out of Safari, Solitare, basically any App, they are still running.

I know, dumb. But thats how it is.

21. Rick America macrumors member

Mine is not jailbroken. After about 4 weeks, only when playing music, it would stop mid-song for no reason and completely shut down (almost like a complete power-off). I took it to the Genius bar at the local Apple Store and he replaced it with not much discussion. New one has been working fine ever since (about 3 months now).

22. xbdonx thread starter macrumors newbie

I did that and I'm not sure what all of these processes are that popped up. I'm sure they are main running processes but im not sure which ones I dont need or can cancel.
    Have any idea?

23. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

These are my problems with my currently up to date iPod Touch:

- Randomly stops playing a song even though the screen says its still playing
    - Album art sometimes *flickers* I guess you could say
    - Album art is slow to upload if in cover flow mode (which needs an option to be turned off thanks apple)
    - It won't let me play the song Low by Flow Rida, It will play 30 seconds, then skip a couple times and then stop playing even though the screen still says its playing. The song plays fine on my computer

I've restored the software multiple times and it hasn't fixed a thing. The update for it helped the album art a little but it's still very flawed.

It's not jailbroken (lol) but really apple is severely hindering the endless capabilities that this thing could have.

24. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

I jailbroke mine and it was freezing about twice a week but not as much as yours and i have 2 pages of apps, including Apollo