Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
I'm curious and I'm sure others are too, as recently I've seen and read many threads where people are selling their Penryn MBP's purely because there are rumours that Apple might release an update soon - maybe they didn't already notice... this forum is called "MacRumors"?

So for those of you who are proud owners,
please allow me to ask you this..

How old is your current MacBook Pro notebook?
(Just state, Years and Months.)

Perhaps the answers here will make some people think of it as a tool,
and NOT a fashion accessory? Before they sell??

Mines's a first edition Santa Rosa, 2.2Ghz.
Currently 15 months old still going strong!

Next:

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I have a first-gen, CoreDuo ordered the second the store came back online on the day they were announced. So it's 2 years and 7/8 months old. I think.

Trimmer2

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
2.5 years and PATIENTLY waiting for the new MBP but, may opt for an iMac and keep my current MBP for travel depending on $ and features of the new MBP.

azharc

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2008
2 Months. My first mac. My old Windows was 8 years old and only the HDD and RAM changed in it's lifetime.

This better last longer.

DimeTech

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2003
I am sooo ready for a new one. Hopefully these new MBP's are enticing enough.
1g 17" PowerBook Alum. 1GHz. 5.5 years. There was nothing like this when it came out. Still performs strong but makes some weird noises at times and you could fry an egg on it.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
Well, my Powerbook will be 4 years old this spring, so I'm probably going to upgrade to the second generation of the new machines coming out Tuesday. I like to wait at least on full product cycle after the major changes to the product lines to get Apple's notorious kinks worked out....

I bought the last iteration of the Powerbook, and I couldn't have been more satisfied. Yes, I knew they were switching to Intel, but I needed a machine, and this thing is tried and true. Haven't regretted it.

reflex

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2002
1 year, 11 months. Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz.

Going to replace it before Christmas, but it's still good. I just replace my laptop every two years, on average.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
bought mine September 2006 just before the Core 2 Duos came out. so two years old now… he's getting old.

its a 2.0 GHz MacBook Pro (1,1) is that the first model? i think they had 1.8 GHz before it. its been a bit of a lemon with replaced RAM, logic board and two replaced batteries :( but he's stuck thru.

Manatee

Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
I have the original 2GHz MBP. It is starting to feel slow compared to other laptops I use. I will definitely be buying a new one this time. I won't sell the old one. It will become part of my museum of old notebook computers.

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
Mine's almost 2 yrs old to the day. Got it right after they got bumped to C2D. I'll have it for many, many years to come...:)

I hate to be pernickety but the bumped it to C2D in Nov/DEc of 2006 so you are a month or so away from 2 years to the day!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.