How satisfied are you with your MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Prodo123, Aug 3, 2011.

?

How satisfied are you with your MacBook Pro?

1. 10 - Completely satisfied

48.2%
  2. 9

24.6%
  3. 8

15.7%
  4. 7

7.3%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5 - Neutral, neither satisfied nor disappointed

2.6%
  7. 4

0.5%
  8. 3

0.5%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 - Completely disappointed

0.5%
  1. Prodo123, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

How satisfied are you with your MacBook Pro? Does it give you any issues and/or errors, or did you have to replace your MacBook Pro due to problems caused by hardware? How about its specs, or its screen size?

Love my 15" 2011

2. RWil85 macrumors 6502a

none whatsoever..13" MBP for a year+ now.

3. Pyre1582 macrumors newbie

So far, no problems on my end. Pretty satisfied with what I got.

4. Nermal, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

7 for me (15" 2011).

From a hardware standpoint, I'd have preferred a removable battery and Blu-ray drive.

From a software standpoint, there are a couple of new issues with this model, such as that the screen will turn itself back on shortly after you use the brightness control to turn it down to zero.

There's also the "network squeal" when you're transferring large amounts of data such as a Time Machine backup. Hopefully that can be resolved with a firmware update.

Edit: I should point out that overall I'm happy, and Apple's jumped on top of the important problems such as the random freezes and Wi-Fi issues that were present when this model was first released. It wasn't too long before updates were released to resolve those issues, so the current issues with brightness and noise are minor in comparison since they don't affect actual work.

Edit 2: And another USB port would be nice!

5. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

mid-09 13MBP here... no problems at all! Completely satisfied

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

7. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

With the machine as it is, I like it very much. It handles gaming and overclocking very well. That being said, there is so much wasted potential with the optical disk drive. By removing that, Apple could have jammed an AMD 6870M or a 6950M into this computer, giving it even more of a "Pro" status. USB 3.0 would have been nice for compatibility, but the only things that go into my USB ports now are gaming mice.

8. randomrazr macrumors 65816

your posting this poll on macrumors so obviously what do you think most people are gonan vote for? LOL

9. Prodo123 thread starter macrumors 68020

Prodo123

There's obviously lots of people who have problems with their MacBook Pros posting on these forums so who knows.

10. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

Best laptop I ever used (and I've used a lot)

11. RevB52 macrumors newbie

As a recent Win convert--Well the graphics on my 2011 MBP 15" 2.0 suck. Big assumption on my part thinking a massive performance upgrade of Sandy Bridge would merit poorer graphics chips than last year's model.

I was also partial to having Blu Ray, HDMI and ESATA. Other than that, I'm very impressed by the quality.

12. Titanium81 macrumors 6502a

Titanium81

The graphics suck on the 2011 15" MBP? Really?

13. palpatine macrumors 68040

mbp 13. no complaints. it performs exactly as i was hoping it would.

14. randomrazr macrumors 65816

even the base model with the 256mb ati radeon is a decent graphics card, especially since its GDDR5.

ive managed to export a 720p 10mins video on imovie in 9mins which is far better than 45mins on my old 2010 13inch macbook pro (sold it lol)

15. Xcallibur macrumors 6502a

Xcallibur

Do you think the 2011 13" MBP would perform as well?

16. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

What exactly are you comparing it to on the Windows PCs' side?

6490M/6750M are "poorer graphic chips" than 330M?? You have got to be kidding me!

17. kasakka macrumors 68000

Very satisfied. My mid-2009 13" MBP has been pretty much trouble free. The only thing I'd like is a better graphics card because the 9400M struggles just a little bit to handle my 2560x1600 res display. It's mostly only visible in animations like opening Expose etc.

Don't have any huge incentives to upgrade until Apple comes up with something that truly makes the MBPs better. Just cramming in faster parts isn't going to do it for me.

18. Pyre1582 macrumors newbie

I chose 10, but that was more or less due to the fact I switched from an ancient brick to a Macbook Pro 15in. And let me tell you, that was one hell of a transition.

I'm sure to find an issue or two the more I use it. Currently, my only issue is how hot the base of the enclosure gets when doing certain things, temperature can get really hot. Doesn't bother me too much since I always use my MBP on a surface but, heat is definitely a problem. Hoping the Ivy Bridge successor will fare better with heat management.

19. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

I have 5 windows notebooks and after I got my quad 2.2 with parallels I won't touch them. Love my 15".

20. pcmxa macrumors regular

pcmxa

My MBP made me 3" taller and 2" longer, 50 pounds lighter and 100 points smarter. Women want to be me, they regularly get sex changes to achieve this. At night while I sleep in my leopard skin sheets on my waterbed in my black velvet wallpapered room,, my MBP turns tricks, paying for my crib (that is what makes it a pro, it doesn't just give the **** away for free. Granted sometime I think it tries to cheat me, but a few slaps and the money comes pouring out). My MBP knows what I am thinking before I do. In fact I didn't type this, it wrote it for me when I looked at it out of the corner of my eye and grunted, the sweat turning my tank top yellow the condensation on my beer dampening my jockey shorts. It codes on its own, flawlessly releasing memory in even the most tricky of pointers, managing several applications at once. When I am too hung over, it goes out and takes photos of super models for me, creating lighting that is spot on perfect to reveal their luscious breasts and wanton desire for me. And because it is asexual, it lets me take them all on when I stumble groggily into the studio. It transforms into a Mini clubman when I want to feel responsible but hip, a f-350 when I need to haul my balls around, and an Indian Scout when Just need to cruise. It built my house for me, designing it from the ground up, it is a beautiful place, even if it took that white and chrome look a wee bit too far. Presidents consult me to write viruses to defeat invading aliens, I manage dinosaur theme parks with it, armies of changeling robots think I am in control because of it, I solved the murder of my best friend using it, unravelled all the efforts of the illuminati with its keyboard, founded multi-billion dollar corporations with its "airport extreme."

21. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

HAHA. I would read this guys book if he wrote one. Classic.

22. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

I'm completely satisfied with my MacBook Pro (which is a Mid 2010 model with a 15-inch display).

Here's some of the reasons why:

• I can get to work quickly and easily without any distractions; the computer simply doesn't get in my way.
    • The keyboard backlight is something that I can't live without. I work with my computer a lot at night with the lights turned off, so it makes things much easier!
    • The seamless integration between the software and hardware makes for a much better experience in comparison to a PC with Windows.
    • The built-in display is one of the best that I've ever seen; excellent color reproduction and brightness/contrast.
    • Battery life that can't be beat, I've never owned a computer before that offered the ability to run on battery for a full work day (and then some).
    :apple:

23. randomrazr macrumors 65816

the 13 inch is suppose to be twice as fast as last years so, i can see its better than last years! LOL

24. Tydog07 macrumors 6502

I gave it a 7

I really thought battery life was going to be more impressive, although it is on par with the rest of the competition. I really enjoy using this machine, it's a great performer and can do everything I want it to do, which is really nice. I'm still finding helpful apps so that will just take awhile. Other than that, I don't care for Time Machine, I know it wants to save multiple backups, but I only want the most recent one, so a 500GB drive should backup my 500GB drive, oh well, I'll try to find another app for backing up. I enjoy most of everything else on this machine. Games are hard to find, either there are no good ones or they are too expensive. Hopefully I'll fix my bootcamp problems, gaming problems and backup woes. Then I'll repost.

25. polbit macrumors 6502

polbit

It's a 9 for me - love pretty much everything except the noise/heat when stressed. Single reason why it's not a 10.

More ports would be nice too (HDMI and eSATA), and wish the SD card didn't stick out. But those are minor complaints.