Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How satisfied are you with your MacBook Pro?

• Total voters

wegster

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2006
8/10 overall.
The 'nits' are relatively minor, and I'm pretty happy with it (2011 15" 2.3GHz quad i7, 8GB RAM, Hi-res/AG, 500GB 7200RPM HD) - it's *fast*, it's beautiful, and the display is quite nice.

The 'nits':
No USB3 nor ExpressCard - yeah, I know, it's not 'for free' until Ivy Bridge, yet it doesn't stop other manufacturers, and there are no TB adapters as of yet that I'm aware of. Come out with a few adapters or a TB 'dock' and call me content there.

Heat/noise - and wondering about multi-year longevity due to the thermals. Apple did a good job in that even at 4k-4500RPM the fans aren't obnoxious, but get up to max RPM and it's a jet plane. :) Longevity is more of a concern here, not exactly improved by the number of posts of returns/exchanges after a short time period, but - we'll see, the other Macs have done pretty well overall for me.

Inability to use integrated graphics to drive an external display, which combines with the heat/noise mentioned previously. Given the ability to, I'd use the integrated GPU for 75% or so of tasks on the external LCD.

Resolutions need to be upped across the board - 13" needs higher standard res, 15" needs the 1680x1050 as std, with a 1900x1200 as Hi-res, etc.

The only other I can think of are headset/skype volume levels, and it could use some rounding off of the sharp palmrest edges.

So far, not bad at all, and if it makes it without major issue for 2-3 years, will replace with a current one.

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2011
California
I gave it a 9 (2010 mbp). Almost perfect, but it's just that Lion has made my browsing experience buggy at times (i.e., pages stop loading, thus requiring me to close Safari for it to resume normally), and some other things somewhat sluggish. It's not a gamebreaker, but that's a complaint nonetheless. It's not completely perfect, but everything else I love.

Now compared to my last laptop (2005 Dell Inspiron)? 100000/10.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.