How to Disable Automatic Subscription Following Apple Music Trial

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 1, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple Music made its worldwide debut in over 100 countries on June 30, with a free three-month trial available for customers to try the streaming music service. Apple requires having a valid payment method associated with your iTunes account to enable the trial, such as a credit card, and both Individual Plan and Family Plan subscriptions are set to automatically renew after the trial. For those that only want to try the Apple Music trial, learn how to turn off automatic renewal below.

[​IMG]

How to Disable Automatic Renewal

Tap on the Account icon in the top-left corner of any tab in Apple Music.
    Tap on "View Apple ID" and sign into your iTunes Store account.
    Tap on "Manage" under the "Subscriptions" menu.
    Tap on your Apple Music Membership, which should currently be "Active."
    Toggle off "Automatic Renewal" under the "Renewal Options" menu. Confirm the action.

Turning off automatic renewal will enable you to try out Apple Music on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch without the streaming music service renewing after the free three-month trial period expires. To reenable a recurring Apple Music subscription, simply follow the steps above and toggle on automatic renewal again. Your settings will also be applied to the iTunes version of Apple Music on Mac and PC.

Article Link: How to Disable Automatic Subscription Following Apple Music Trial

2. dsburdette macrumors member

Ha! I was wondering if this was possible. Would have probably figured it out but thanks for the post and confirmation.

3. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

What a scam. You require people to chose a subscription and don't instruct them how to opt out after 90 days?

4. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Interesting that the 'Automatic Renewal' button is using the old square design style rather than the new round style.

Attention to detail, Apple.

5. Joe Rossignol Editor

Joe Rossignol

Staff Member

Glad it's of use to you! Nothing groundbreaking here, but I figured I'd save some people the trouble of having to find it themselves.

6. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Thanks for this tip!

I would better figure out how to disable apple music from ALL of my devices.

7. 2010mini macrumors 68040

You know, you don't have to sign up for it right?

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

What the hell is up with this iOS 4 type toggle?
    [​IMG]

9. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

The email from iTunes Store also includes a "manage subscription" link. That's how I stopped auto renewal.

Just use some sense, no company is going to put a cancel option in front of your face.

11. Karma*Police macrumors 68000

Actually it tells you when you first sign up.

12. thekeyring macrumors 68040

Hardly. It's a free trial. Looks like this blog post is aimed at people who want something for nothing.

13. Tamagotchi macrumors 6502

Tamagotchi

Thanks. So far I'll be unsubscribe from from this service. As it stands it is appalling and the UI is a mess. The Apple Music doesn't sync properly with Apple Music on ITunes either. So I can't listen to anything I add on my library.

14. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Did you really just write that?

Many,many - make that MOST trial services do not show an easy way to opt out. Some even require you to call and talk to someone. Having an auto renewal on and off button is actually great.

15. 73b macrumors regular

73b

First thing I noticed was the iOS 4 toggle

16. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

It doesn't stop there; the plan selection page shows old buttons as well:

image.jpg

17. 6836838 Suspended

Why would Apple want to make an unsubscribe feature look 'beautiful'? They know human psychology only too well...

18. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I noticed this as well. I'm really struggling to figure out why something like this would happen. Well more like how this happens.

19. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Ooh...retro!
    If I had to guess I would say these pages/elements are being loaded from an external source, rather than being built in to the App itself.

But still, someone should have noticed this and remedied it before launch.

20. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

My thought is that the old-style buttons are part of Apple's plan, making some of the choices more noticeable (by using a different style button).
    Judging by this thread, it appears to be working :D

21. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

More like iOS 4...

22. ArtOfWarfare macrumors G3

ArtOfWarfare

Could you write a guide for transitioning to Spotify to Apple Music? IE, I'm not sure when the best time to swap from Spotify to Apple Music to maximize my bang for my buck, or how to even put my Spotify Premium account on hold.

I'm sure others would appreciate knowing how to swap from Pandora, too, although that doesn't personally interest me since I don't pay for it.

23. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

Eh, that's a good theory, but it seems a bit more likely that the pre-iOS 7 UI has resurrected and is using some vulnerability in Music to regain power. Once this power is fully realized, the UI will avenge its father, Scott Forstall, by turning Apple users into actual piles of bound leather, felt, and polished wood.

24. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

I cancelled Spotify yesterday and it asked me three times "are you sure? Don't leave us!"

25. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Did nobody remember... this switch was actually from iPhone OS 1.0?