Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jettredmont

macrumors 68030
Jul 25, 2002
Thanks for that. I'll be canceling.

Apple Music sucks.
- the volume of songs seems about 50-75% of what a track saved to my phone is

- The sound quality is crap. Most songs sound like a tin can

Are you listening over cellular or WiFi?

There is a quality difference over cellular, to avoid massive bandwidth-consumption surprises (a GB in a couple of days doesn't exactly play nice with most peoples' data plans), which might be what you are hearing. I'm not sure what bitrate they thunk down to, but they have clearly stated that the best quality will come when listening over a WiFi network. Hopefully in the near future they will add controls to adjust bitrates on cellular and WiFi.

iczster

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
Why don't they allow you to sync offline to an iPod? I listen to a lot of music in the car, all connected to my iPod which hosts my entire music collection.

I'm not intersted in mucking about with plugging iPhone in and out or listening over Bluetooth.

Shame, cancelled already.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Why would Apple want to make an unsubscribe feature look 'beautiful'? They know human psychology only too well...

It's about consistency. If I am thinking of stopping a service cause I don't believe the quality is upto scratch, and have a look at the unsubscribe page, might just reinforce my assumptions?

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Why don't they allow you to sync offline to an iPod? I listen to a lot of music in the car, all connected to my iPod which hosts my entire music collection.

I'm not intersted in mucking about with plugging iPhone in and out or listening over Bluetooth.

Shame, cancelled already.

Is iPod not supported? That is one area I hoped apple music would be superior

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Why no instructions for iTunes for Mac? You can click the "Manage Subscriptions" link in the email they send you when you subscribe, but other than that, I have no idea how I'd have gotten there.

iczster

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
Is iPod not supported? That is one area I hoped apple music would be superior
No I tried it last night, wouldn't sync saying they were Apple music tracks.

Ridiculous, not interested in tinny breaking up bluetooth streaming in the car or having to plug in/out my phone.

jlseattle

Cancelled
Jan 9, 2007
Seattle WA
It's funny, I have all the music I need in my library and own every album (bought off Amazon or iTunes). For me Apple Music isn't a good fit. It is cheaper and I'll have access to the songs/ albums forever versus just the period of time I'm subscribed.

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
It's about consistency. If I am thinking of stopping a service cause I don't believe the quality is upto scratch, and have a look at the unsubscribe page, might just reinforce my assumptions?

Consistency doesn't equate to profit.

Bahamut Eos

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2008
Los Angeles
The hell, I'm really sure I turned off automatic renewal when I signed up, and I just got charged. I've used it like three times but I like Spotify way better. When I go to try and "report a problem" to get a refund it takes me to a page and tells me there is no purchase. Really getting upset about this...

kemal

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2001
Nebraska
The Music App in 11.2.1 has the Apple ID button only under For You. Not under each tab.

I was so relieved to cancel and switch to Amazon Music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.