How to Disable Automatic Subscription Following Apple Music Trial

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 1, 2015.

1. jettredmont macrumors 68030

Are you listening over cellular or WiFi?

There is a quality difference over cellular, to avoid massive bandwidth-consumption surprises (a GB in a couple of days doesn't exactly play nice with most peoples' data plans), which might be what you are hearing. I'm not sure what bitrate they thunk down to, but they have clearly stated that the best quality will come when listening over a WiFi network. Hopefully in the near future they will add controls to adjust bitrates on cellular and WiFi.

2. iczster macrumors member

Why don't they allow you to sync offline to an iPod? I listen to a lot of music in the car, all connected to my iPod which hosts my entire music collection.

I'm not intersted in mucking about with plugging iPhone in and out or listening over Bluetooth.

Shame, cancelled already.

3. MH01 Suspended

MH01

It's about consistency. If I am thinking of stopping a service cause I don't believe the quality is upto scratch, and have a look at the unsubscribe page, might just reinforce my assumptions?

4. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Is iPod not supported? That is one area I hoped apple music would be superior

5. Whimseh macrumors member

Is there any reason to use this over Spotify?

6. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The iPod touch is supported if it's running iOS 8.4.

7. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Cheers. That is one iPod I never bought as so purpose for it, given I've always had an iPhone

8. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

So well that they're still making a loss after years.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

So well that they are still in business, used and liked by many, and doing fine.

10. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Why no instructions for iTunes for Mac? You can click the "Manage Subscriptions" link in the email they send you when you subscribe, but other than that, I have no idea how I'd have gotten there.

11. iczster macrumors member

No I tried it last night, wouldn't sync saying they were Apple music tracks.

Ridiculous, not interested in tinny breaking up bluetooth streaming in the car or having to plug in/out my phone.

12. postpc macrumors regular

postpc

I took my father ten years to build a profitable business. It's persistence.

13. jlseattle macrumors 6502

jlseattle

It's funny, I have all the music I need in my library and own every album (bought off Amazon or iTunes). For me Apple Music isn't a good fit. It is cheaper and I'll have access to the songs/ albums forever versus just the period of time I'm subscribed.

14. 6836838 Suspended

Consistency doesn't equate to profit.

15. Bahamut Eos macrumors member

Bahamut Eos

The hell, I'm really sure I turned off automatic renewal when I signed up, and I just got charged. I've used it like three times but I like Spotify way better. When I go to try and "report a problem" to get a refund it takes me to a page and tells me there is no purchase. Really getting upset about this...

16. kemal macrumors 65816

kemal

The Music App in 11.2.1 has the Apple ID button only under For You. Not under each tab.

I was so relieved to cancel and switch to Amazon Music.