How To: Enable AirPrint on Windows (32/64Bit) with iOS 5+ Support

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by JasonHD, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Boubou1012 macrumors newbie

2. Boubou1012 macrumors newbie

I spent the morning with Microsoft France The Guest account installed automatically by W 10 does not work If you create a new local user ( you can do it without opening an account or giving any email addresses ... just look at the bottom of the screen ) call it User Guest or something & restart you should be OK I did it this morning & it works fine There is a bug with this though Microsoft said you have to run msconfig then Services find the Service des erreurs Windows in the list & unclick it ope this helps

3. Boubou1012 macrumors newbie

4. Boubou1012 macrumors newbie

Wanted to say that Airprint works fine with Windows 10 BUT
    1/ You cannot use the Guest account created with W10 because it bugs
    2/ You have to create a Local account ( possible without opening an account or anything else ... you just have to look a bit ) and also
    3/ Run msconfig Click on Services Find the service that handles errors Service des erreurs Windows in French & deactivate it .... if you don't & you try and go to this account your screen will go crazy & CRTL ALT SUPPR is the only way out
    Best regards

5. lorier macrumors newbie

Hi!

works fine even with the guest account on w10, but you must authorize "log on locally" for this account.
    - start mmc and add group policy editor for local computer
    - go to Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
    - remove guest from "deny local logon" (translated)
    - add guest to "permit local logon" (translated)

that's it !

6. daviea09 macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Jan 10, 2016 ---
    Hello,

Just wanted to say a big thank you for providing this. I have been trying to get something like this working for years now and finally decided to put the effort in and get it done this weekend. Your solution worked flawlessly on Windows Vista 32bit Business Edition SP2. I successfully connected and printed to an HP Business Inkjet 2200, with an old school Centronics Parallel port and an old Dlink DP301P+ network print server plugged in, via my iPad Mini Air2 and 2 different iPhone 4S phones running iOS 7.1.2

I decided not to enable the guest account but have been able to successfully connect by entering the username and password for my user account. It only needs to be entered once and then the iPhone/ iPad's all seem to remember it (even after a power down). I have also found that the user account doesn't need to be logged in for it to work, even if all users are logged out and Windows Vista is just showing the various user accounts that can be used with the machine, it still works. This is helpful for us because we use this as a family computer so it tends to stay on all day but with various family members logging in at different points to work. The print facility from iOS devices continues to work throughout the day this way.

Thanks again, keep up the good work.

Kind Regards

7. Emilyche macrumors newbie

I have enabled the built-in guest account by following this method. After logging in to Windows 10, the screen keeps flashing. How did everyone here fix this issue? or do I need to create a new guest account? Thanks a lot!

8. Boubou1012 macrumors newbie

Hello there The flashing screen thing is a Microsoft bug It happens if you try to open a session with the Guest account if I remember correctly ....... you will find something I wrote about this a bit further up ...... & I was doing this on remote with a Microsoft Service Agent .... they of course were using Windows 8 machines so couldn't see it. The solution is to open another User account .... call it NewGuest or something like that ..... you don't have to provide any personal info if you go slowly & follow the tips on the bottom of the page Once the account is up & running the AirPrint will work fine
    Best regards

9. blair_b14 macrumors newbie

I have been trying to use this solution all day to no avail. I have downloaded the various airprint installers and they all appear to be running in command prompt. However, on iOS devices such as my iPhone 7+ there is no option for a printer appearing?

Printer being used is a Canon MP620, computer being used is an HP Envy23 running Windows 10 Home edition 64 bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am completely stumped as to what to do!!

Thanks.

10. Escape-75 macrumors newbie

You could run this helper app on your Windows PC to enable AirPrint on any printer.

Extract to any folder (in Program Files, etc) then start Netgeargenie.exe,
    allow firewall access, go to AirPrint and pick your Windows printer.
    If you don't have Bonjour installed, install the x86 or x64 version.

This is a modified version that doesn't need Adobe Acrobat, and it's self contained.
    If you try printing a PDF from IOS 11 it will most likely fail, I don't know why.

https://mega.nz/#!L9ZikLBC!p9MLrEEXFMuNvs4N6g6xlZ9wJ1-rFCxD503UBmiaLH8