How to get WhatsApp working on iOS 8

pedrodaguitarra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
Well with the new iOS 8 in beta many people are having issues with WhatsApp and its getting everyone crazy, it seems you can get the beta version of WhatsApp that works on iOS 8!

Download the latest WhatsApp Beta for iOS 8: http://tinyurl.com/p5cr55r

Instructions on how to install WhatsApp Beta For iOS 8:

Note: You must be a developer or your UDID registered with certificates and provisioning to install these.

Note: You must have a Mac running OS X 10.6+.

1. Download iModSign on: http://tinyurl.com/iModSign
2. Open iModSign. You will be brought to a screen asking you to choose the certificate, which will show up if you did everything correctly up to now. Select the certificate and click use this certificate.
3. Drag the WhatsApp.ipa into where it says "Drag .IPA Here" or browse for IPA file.
4. Done! The app is now resigned all you need to do it drag the resigned copy of the IPA into iTunes (if you didn’t check the option to do it automatically) and Sync!

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Please check out my other thread on how to get Widgets & Keyboards on iOS 8: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1750904

Last edited:

sponch

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2011
My prob ist that I don't get the mobile provisioning file installes on my iphone 5s (io8beta4). Neither by mailing and clicking the profile more by dragging it into iphone.
Any ideas? The file is based upon my UDID.

pedrodaguitarra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
My prob ist that I don't get the mobile provisioning file installes on my iphone 5s (io8beta4). Neither by mailing and clicking the profile more by dragging it into iphone.
Any ideas? The file is based upon my UDID.
You need to install the provision profile with Xcode. Install Xcode on your Mac, plug your iPhone in, open the provision profile up, and it should be installed.

daio

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2011
Germany
My problem with the latest betas for WhatsApp is that the notification system is not working quite as it should. Sure, the if, fi and ff bugs have been smoothed out but its nice to know when you have received a message! I have to manually launch the app to see what new messages I have received. I have tried various notification centre settings too. (active Developer account and iOS 8 beta 4 on an iPhone 5s)

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
My problem with the latest betas for WhatsApp is that the notification system is not working quite as it should. Sure, the if, fi and ff bugs have been smoothed out but its nice to know when you have received a message! I have to manually launch the app to see what new messages I have received. I have tried various notification centre settings too. (active Developer account and iOS 8 beta 4 on an iPhone 5s)
When you sign with your own certificate, push notifications no longer work.

pedrodaguitarra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
When you sign with your own certificate, push notifications no longer work.

This helped me. I figured that the stable version was needed to activate the push notifications on Apple's server. So I installed the stable version from the App Store and then I 'updated' it to the beta version following your instructions. Now it seems that the notification problems are resolved (I am still evaluating, but it seems fixed). The other functions are still not perfect, but hey, it's a beta version so that is to be expected.

Thinkpadroy

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
Cant install Profile.

I tried Xcode email and draging.
nothing works.
I have xcode 6beta. could that be the problem ?

Thanks

luigi1972

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2014
Hi, sorry for my bad english, I tryed to signin whatsapp, but I've bad problem.
I don't have mac, just i use maveriks in to vmware, I've install 2 certificate to maveriks, but wen I try to sign the beta, i receive back this error:

"The WWDRCA (Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority) wasn't found in your keychain. Code signing will fail."

My UDID is registered and i've all crtificate:
ios_development.cer
Certificati.p12
314.mobileprovision

I cannot understand why for me is impossible to sign..... :(

Last edited:

pedrodaguitarra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
Hi, sorry for my bad english, I tryed to signin whatsapp, but I've bad problem.
I don't have mac, just i use maveriks in to vmware, I've install 2 certificate to maveriks, but wen I try to sign the beta, i receive back this error:

"The WWDRCA (Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority) wasn't found in your keychain. Code signing will fail."

My UDID is registered and i've all crtificate:
ios_development.cer
Certificati.p12
314.mobileprovision

I cannot understand why for me is impossible to sign..... :(
You need to download that certificate found on apples developer website.

james341

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2007
Installed and everything is working fine but...no notifications! So I installed the app from the AppStore and update to the new signed app and it worked and notifications were back and after a while stopped again - any one know other fix?

pedrodaguitarra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
Installed and everything is working fine but...no notifications! So I installed the app from the AppStore and update to the new signed app and it worked and notifications were back and after a while stopped again - any one know other fix?
It should continue working.

james341

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2007
Sometimes it's working and some times it won't....also how can I check when a new beta is out? Is there a Twitter beta account to register?

pedrodaguitarra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
The latest version of WhatsApp Beta for iOS 8 is 2.11.9.2751 and this is now available via the same link on the thread.

Salim992

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2014
I've been trying for 2 days now, but can't seem to get this working.
The problem is the app, as I have tried resigning other apps and it completely works.
When I use iResign, it gives me a message that the app fails to unzip.
When I use iModSign, the app does resign.
Please someone help me out

pedrodaguitarra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
I've been trying for 2 days now, but can't seem to get this working.
The problem is the app, as I have tried resigning other apps and it completely works.
When I use iResign, it gives me a message that the app fails to unzip.
When I use iModSign, the app does resign.
Please someone help me out
Whats the problem when you use iModSign? Are you getting an error?

Ps. The latest version of WhatsApp Beta for iOS 8 is 2.11.9.2794. Which can be downloaded at the link in the beginning.This link will always have the latest version as it is taken straight from WhatsApp server!

Salim992

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2014
iModSign gives that bell sound so quick and it doesn't even resign
And yeah I downloded the latest version in hopes that this would work. Any suggestion?

OJCDEV

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2013
After resigning the app won't install.... Please can I have detailed instructions that are basic? I am a developer with little knowledge.

Thanks

Salim992

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2014
After resigning the app won't install.... Please can I have detailed instructions that are basic? I am a developer with little knowledge.

Thanks
Ok, I have everything set concerning certifications (etc...). I drag the ipa to iModSign, press start job, then it writes something very quick and gets stuck on Waiting to Resign.

----------

I am using whatsapp beta(2.11.9.2751). it not working.
In what sense is it not working?

malli011026

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
Louisville
Ok, I have everything set concerning certifications (etc...). I drag the ipa to iModSign, press start job, then it writes something very quick and gets stuck on Waiting to Resign.

----------

it strucked at settings, not able to do anything. Please check the attached screenshot.

Attachments

pedrodaguitarra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
iModSign gives that bell sound so quick and it doesn't even resign
And yeah I downloded the latest version in hopes that this would work. Any suggestion?
It takes only 10 or so seconds to resign, have you checked if the resign file was outputted?

Thanks
Is your provision profile installed?

I am using whatsapp beta(2.11.9.2751). it not working.
Whats wrong?

----------

It should work.

it strucked at settings, not able to do anything. Please check the attached screenshot.
Try maybe the new version now. 2.11.9.2815.

Whatsapp seems to be pushing these betas out, new version out now is 2.11.9.2815

Salim992

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2014
It takes only 10 or so seconds to resign, have you checked if the resign file was outputted?

Is your provision profile installed?

Whats wrong?

It should work.

Try maybe the new version now. 2.11.9.2815.

Whatsapp seems to be pushing these betas out, new version out now is 2.11.9.2815
It's not even giving me a resigned file and yes provision profile is installed. All other ipas seem to work expect WhatsApp which is driving me crazy