Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riker1384

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
West Coast
I'm running out of storage space on both my Macbook and my iPhone so I was deleting things to clear out some space. Among other things, I went through my podcasts in iTunes and spent 20+ minutes deleting dozens of episodes.*

But then the next time I plugged my iPhone to sync it and back it up, it transferred all of these episodes from my phone back to my computer, undoing all the work I did and refilling the space I cleared on my hard drive! This is outrageous. It's the opposite of what I want. If delete an episode, I want it gone from both. It looks like I'm going to have to disconnect the phone, and then spend an enormous amount of time re-deleting them again one at a time from both my phone and from iTunes.

Is there any way to change this? I can't find any. When I delete a podcast from one device I want it to be deleted from both. Or at the very least, I don't want it to transfer back to the device I deleted it from, so I don't end up having to delete things three goddamned times like I'm going to have to today.

It's an iPhone 5 with IOS 10.3.3, and the Mac has MacOS 10.13.6 and iTunes 12.8, if that's important.

*(I tend to put off doing this because the gray-on-white text of the podcast episode descriptions is so incredibly tiny on my 27-inch 1440p monitor that it is physically painful to read. It is absolutely ridiculous that you can't make it bigger, especially when it's surrounded by wasted white space!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.