How to sync videos to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JBsea, Apr 22, 2016.

1. JBsea macrumors newbie

I have numerous videos that I have shot with my iPad. I have backed up the videos on my Mac, and have deleted some of them from my iPad. I cannot figure out how to get these videos back onto my iPad. I can view them on my Mac in the Photos app, but cannot sync them to my iPad. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

2. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

use iTunes

connect iPhone to iTunes
    click on the ipad
    click photos
    click sync photos
    click include videos

and sync

photos is primarily for copying the pictures off your ipad and putting them on your mac

you need itunes to put the photos and videos back on the ipad

3. JBsea thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Apr 22, 2016 ---
    I appreciate the effort. But, this does not work. Photos will easily transfer, but not vids. They are .MOV files, recorded from iPad but can't easily be placed back to iPad via iTunes and Photos. Sure, I can add each individual video to iTunes library by copying each video to a separate folder first, but this IS Apple. There should be an easier way. Thanks for reading my rant. Ugh.

BTW - I'm using iTunes 12, MacMini, Yosemite.

4. rigormortis, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016

rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

I appreciate the effort. But, this does not work. Photos will easily transfer, but not vids. They are .MOV files, recorded from iPad but can't easily be placed back to iPad via iTunes and Photos. Sure, I can add each individual video to iTunes library by copying each video to a separate folder first, but this IS Apple. There should be an easier way. Thanks for reading my rant. Ugh.

BTW - I'm using iTunes 12, MacMini, Yosemite.[/QUOTE]

i don't understand. i don't have to add videos or mov files to the library. adding videos to a separate folder is not needed. you only need to manually drag videos to itunes and check them is if you got them from somewhere else besides photos or iPhotos.

if i record family guy, and i want that on my ipad , i have to copy family guy to itunes and then sync it

if i record family guy using my ipad camera and then copy it to photos and then i want to put it back, all i do is simply check these boxes in itunes.

i don't have to drag anything.

itunes.png
    if there is something i am not understanding correctly in your original message. please explain it better.
    maybe what your saying is you want to be able to use itunes to select a specific video back to the ipad, and not copy all of them. I'm not sure how to do that
    oh maybe what you meant is you recorded these on the ipad but didn't use the camera?

5. JBsea thread starter macrumors newbie

i don't understand. i don't have to add videos or mov files to the library. adding videos to a separate folder is not needed. you only need to manually drag videos to itunes and check them is if you got them from somewhere else besides photos or iPhotos.

if i record family guy, and i want that on my ipad , i have to copy family guy to itunes and then sync it

if i record family guy using my ipad camera and then copy it to photos and then i want to put it back, all i do is simply check these boxes in itunes.

i don't have to drag anything.

View attachment 628230
    if there is something i am not understanding correctly in your original message. please explain it better.
    maybe what your saying is you want to be able to use itunes to select a specific video back to the ipad, and not copy all of them. I'm not sure how to do that
    oh maybe what you meant is you recorded these on the ipad but didn't use the camera?[/QUOTE]
    --- Post Merged, Apr 23, 2016 ---
    Oh!! I think you may have solved my problem with the screenshot you sent. I'm not sure if the "include videos" checkbox was selected. I will try when I am in front of my Mac later. I will post my results later. Thanks for effort once again!

6. JBsea thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Apr 23, 2016 ---
    Oh!! I think you may have solved my problem with the screenshot you sent. I'm not sure if the "include videos" checkbox was selected. I will try when I am in front of my Mac later. I will post my results later. Thanks for effort once again![/QUOTE]
    --- Post Merged, Apr 24, 2016 ---
    It works!! I did not have "videos" selected as you mentioned. Thanks again for your help!