Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How was your preorder experience?

• Good - through apple

Votes: 33 16.2%
  • Good - though AT&T

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • Horrible - went through apple

Votes: 69 33.8%
  • Horrible - went through AT&T

Votes: 22 10.8%
  • So bad I decided not to preorder

Votes: 45 22.1%

• Total voters

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
mine was alright..went to at&t, their computers were slacking and so it took forever

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Nonexistent because Apple didn't let everyone know that the White iPhone wouldn't be available until the website came back up before they crashed and burned.

BL.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
Took me hours of trying off and on. I still have not gotten my e-mail, although I do have a confirmation number. I used Apple's site. I did try ATT at one point but it was working even worse for me at that time.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
This is the worst iPhone launch. No white iPhone, not everyone is eligible for even early upgrade, effed up preorder.

markel253

macrumors regular
May 17, 2008
I seem to be the rare one. I logged on to apple.com for the first time at about 6:40 AM ET and while it was a bit sluggish, the reservation process went flawlessly and before 7:00 I had my onscreen and email confirmations.

Then the Apple website went down. When I came here I realized just how lucky I was when I read everyone else's stories.

Higgs1

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
New York City
So bad I decided not to preorder

no white = no pre order.....i would have been more understanding if they had made an announcement, not just open pre orders & be like oh, btw no white one and no ETA for it.....

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Took about 15 minutes to order the first iPhone, accidentally ordered for store pick up. I decided that I would just get a 16GB for one of my lines. I then decided I wanted a 32GB and then went back and ordered it for in store pickup. Now just gotta decide which one I really want next Thursday. I got both my orders in before 5AM MST.

I really wanted it for delivery but I'm not wasting anymore time on the website. I'll get a white one when they are available for another line later.

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
I seem to be the rare one. I logged on to apple.com for the first time at about 6:40 AM ET and while it was a bit sluggish, the reservation process went flawlessly and before 7:00 I had my onscreen and email confirmations.

Then the Apple website went down. When I came here I realized just how lucky I was when I read everyone else's stories.

Yeah, we hate you! :D

Tankfantry

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
Houston, Texas
Mine was a great experience as I didn't do it, made the wife waste her time. Only took her about 45 minutes though so she said it wasn't that bad.

tobiasfunke

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Tried ordering online @ 4am EST, nothing
Tried again @ 8am EST, nothing
Again @, 11am-12pm EST, nothing

this is freaking pathetic Apple.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Too bad I could only pick one. I wanted to select the last three choices:

Horrible
Horrible
I gave up....

:mad:

wttheninja

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2010
In my opinion Apple and AT&T did not prepare at all for this.

In my mind this is how it went

At the Apple Headquarters

Jobs: Ok guys get the iPhone reserve page up by tomorrow the 15th
Random Employee: What about if our servers get overloaded by the mass people who want to reserve
Jobs: That will never happen our servers will never overload.
Other Employees: Ya Frank (random employee) shut up we are Apple!!!

Next day

Jobs: $*@$#@$#@%@#$@ I should have listened to Frank

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
I was incredibly lucky -- tried to log in to the apple store at around 8am and after a couple of refresh hits (store was down) I got in and got it reserved for pick up within ten minutes of my first try, and then confirming email ten minutes after that. Damn near flawless, actually!

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
While it was processing for the eligibility, it said "Session Expired" hahaha :D This is lame!!!

Wateroksnmud

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2008
Was on the pre-order of apple's site at 2am MDT and it's now 10am MDT and still trying to get through to pre-order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.