Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oreo7504

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
All day on my days off and when I decide to return to the gym ;). Was intending on wearing it at work too but for "infection prevention and control" reasons we're no longer allowed to wear wristwatches.

I'm a nurse & have done 1 shift with my watch, I kept mine in the back pocket of my scrubs, where I usually put my iPhone. I kept mine on me to keep up with fitness tracking, which comparing to yesterday's activity is about right. I liked it was smaller & lighter, the only slightly annoying thing was keep putting in the passcode, but better than a stolen watch

SixtyK

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
Nebraska
I've worn a watch most of my life. I pretty much wear one every waking hour of the day. On the rare occasion I forget to put it on before I leave the house, I'm lost without it. Sure, I'm surrounded by timepieces including the phone in my pocket, but my first instinct is always to glance at my arm and be done with it.

mathewbhavnani

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Any other perpectives on how they wear their watch?

I usually don't wear mine to the gym or around the house, showering or when I sleep

Kinda just wear it when I'm out of the house

sayheysarah

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2012
I wear it all day, with the exception of showering. I have the sport band, so I don't worry about getting it sweaty from working out. I was painting yesterday and did take it off, didn't want any paint on it!

simonx314

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
I got my Watch on Friday but I just called Apple and bought AppleCare+. I asked if I could wear it in the shower, and if it broke with water damage then I could go to an Apple Store and get a replacement. I asked "even though I am intentionally exposing the Watch to high pressure jets and/or soapy water" and he said yes if the Watch breaks from water damage that is covered under AppleCare+.

So I guess I'll wear it in the shower now just for the hell of it. I'll get another 10 minutes of heart rate tracking, I can answer calls and control music.

IamDave

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2015
United Kingdom
I'm a nurse & have done 1 shift with my watch, I kept mine in the back pocket of my scrubs, where I usually put my iPhone. I kept mine on me to keep up with fitness tracking, which comparing to yesterday's activity is about right. I liked it was smaller & lighter, the only slightly annoying thing was keep putting in the passcode, but better than a stolen watch

Hmm Good idea I could do this though I have my phone in one of my side pockets anyway so I have it when we're off station and out and about.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I get up, get in the shower, get out, put on the watch. It stays on until I am ready to go to bed. I wear to the gym and everywhere else. Would take it off at the beach or when getting in the pool. Otherwise, it's on.

OP, why are you getting a watch if you don't intend to wear it?

mathewbhavnani

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
I get up, get in the shower, get out, put on the watch. It stays on until I am ready to go to bed. I wear to the gym and everywhere else. Would take it off at the beach or when getting in the pool. Otherwise, it's on.

OP, why are you getting a watch if you don't intend to wear it?

I didn't say I don't intend to wear it.....

I will wear it when I'm out of the house :) why wear it around the house when clocks are everywhere? I could have it charging by my phone during that time

Why wear it to the gym in harms way of breaking? That's another bunch of monwy I have to shell out to repair it....I lift weights and run on the treadmill where my hands/wrist can easily hit those handlebars can may scratch the watch.

Wear it when you don't see a clock, wear it when your not doing anything vigorous IMO

But then again, I value my things wayyyy too much sometimes

haleigh

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Detroit, MI
I'm wearing it around my apartment and school, but I don't think I'll be wearing it to work. I work with a lot of chemicals and water, so I feel like it's just asking for trouble. Everywhere else though it'll be on my wrist :)

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I didn't say I don't intend to wear it.....

I will wear it when I'm out of the house :) why wear it around the house when clocks are everywhere? I could have it charging by my phone during that time

Why wear it to the gym in harms way of breaking? That's another bunch of monwy I have to shell out to repair it....I lift weights and run on the treadmill where my hands/wrist can easily hit those handlebars can may scratch the watch.

Wear it when you don't see a clock, wear it when your not doing anything vigorous IMO

But then again, I value my things wayyyy too much sometimes

Well, if all you want it for is to tell time when there are no clocks around...

It's your money.

mathewbhavnani

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
I just don't see the need for it around the house because I kind of like to relax, not have to wear anything on my wrist or be attached to it so much

mathewbhavnani

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
I also don't see the activity tracking to be TOO accurate and afraid it could go to my head lol I also don't want to jeopardize the watch in a setting where it can get damaged quite easily

sb22

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2012
Its on all the time, from after my shower in the morning to when i go to bed. The only time I have to take it off during the day is pole class, we have a jewelry ban for our safety and prevent scratches on poles. That's a huge chunk of my work out I can't monitor, but im considering using a soft wristband over it

mathewbhavnani

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Is there any way to reset the activity app to start from beginning(like when first pairing to apple watch) and erase the data to start over?

Also if you don't put height weight etc..what are the default calorie settings? For light moderate and the other one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.