How's 4k on 27/32"?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Secretmapper, May 16, 2018.

1. Secretmapper macrumors newbie

Secretmapper

Hello!

I known it's not MBPr specific but I can't really find much info on it.

Anyone here have 4k on 27/32" monitors? I have the a 24" 4K (like the Ultrafine) and it looks fantastic. However, there are no 24" 4k monitors available here where I am now so I'm thinking of ordering a 27/32" one. However, the PPI of this is different - ~200 PPI vs~150PPI and I'm not sure if the latter looks 'non-retina'

Anyone here have any experience or are running dual 24 4k AND 27/32 4k? My main worry is that the two monitors look jarring side by side.

2. sonamo, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018

sonamo macrumors member

sonamo

Just order one from a place with easy returns and compare (i.e. Best Buy or Walmart). I have two 24" Dells that are 4K, and when I first bought them I purchased the same ones in 27" to compare. Settled for the 24" because I can see the entire frame of the monitor easier, all while having the monitor up close to geek out at the clarity of the pixels.

3. Secretmapper thread starter macrumors newbie

Secretmapper

Unfortunately, I don't live in the US and need to ship internationally :( There are no retailers near me which offer it so I can't try it out on a store (even the official Apple resellers near me only carry the old/non-retina iMacs)

4. sonamo, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018

sonamo macrumors member

sonamo

I hear ya. I don't know what Dell's international shipping and returns are like. There are also 5K monitors, but they are much more expensive. Also, I believe you will need a 2016 or newer MBP to drive each of those with a single cable (don't quote me on that)

Everyone's eyes and preferences are different, good luck!