HTC EVO 4G has a front facing camera. Apple, are you next?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nfl46, Mar 23, 2010.

1. nfl46 macrumors 603

2. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

Holy **** that phone looks like a goddamn beast spec wise.

It's a shame I can't bring myself to give two ****s about it since HTC doesn't seem to give two ****s about Canada.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

WiMAX "HTC Supersonic"
    480 x 800 4.3-inch TFT LCD
    Snapdragon QSD8650 1GHz processor
    1GB of built-in memory and 512MB of RAM.
    Even the battery is bigger than the HD2
    8 megapixel camera monstrosity with flash
    1.3 megapixel front facing camera
    HDMI out via adapter

Negatives
    - No 802.11n
    - Sprint says concurrent data and voice use in testing (could be available and become a positive)
    We'll see what the battery drain and coverage of WiMax is I guess.

4. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I don't know why 802.11n is an issue really... WiMax is fast enough :) I don't have an N router anyway and most mobile hotspots are G.

Added specs is that it does 720p video recording.

5. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-gb; Nexus One Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I'm looking forward to a GSM variant for Europe. Even if its stuck with old 3g over here, I'll be happy!

Edit: the old days of the U.S being behind when it comes to smartphones is long gone. I'm finding myself looking at more handsets that are US firsts lately (iPhone, Nexus One, HTC Evo). Exciting times! :)

6. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Sprint is doing everything possible to save their company. Lol. This phone is aweeesome.

7. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

8. matttye macrumors 601

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt 802.11g support 56mbps? No mobile phone processor is going to be able to process data fast enough for a faster connection to be of any use..

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, it looks amazing!

10. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

Getting it!! Corporate discount for 3 lines with sprint costs me 113.93 for unlimited stuff. and I get 40$ off the phone.

11. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme I want.

12. rtabdo macrumors 6502

Great looking phone from the surface, although I wonder about battery life.

This summer is going to be very interesting with iPhone 4.0

In the last 6 months we've really seen some amazing development as far as hardware and software for smart phones.

I hope Apple comes through.

13. Padraig macrumors 6502a

I like how you're excited about (of all the things on this phone) a front facing camera, something that's been on countless phones for years.:D

It's an amazing looking device, seems to have lost the HD2's svelte profile though.

14. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    True, but not in the USA. Carriers always have the front-facing camera removed for models that are sold here.

15. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

THAT is why I won't be getting the iPhone 4G.

16. brendu macrumors 68020

yeah it pains me to say it, I love my pre and have believed since first using it that webOS is superior to android and iphone os (just the OS... not the phones, not the apps, just the OS)... but the only hope I see for palm is to license webOS to companies like HTC who are capable of making amazing hardware like this...

Apple has some serious work cut out for them to have the "best smartphone" anymore... the only thing they have left is the incredible and vast app store

17. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Well, its not popular here in the US, yet. Thats why I am excited!:rolleyes:

18. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Add this to the list of what I want! When will it come to the UK?

19. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

Because I'd love to set my Airport Extreme to Wireless N Only 5GHz and still allow my iPhone to connect. I don't have the dual-band version, so I have to keep my AEBS on a slower setting so I can connect my iPhone. Having N only @ 5GHz offers more than double the over-the-air speed for syncing my Apple TV. I'd like N on my phone.

20. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm confused. I thought ALL the carriers in the U.S. were going to use the same kind of 4G which isn't CDMA at all.

Am I wrong?

Otherwise it's odd to say that it's "possible on a CDMA carrier" when their 4G will not be CDMA. What makes it a "CDMA carrier" at that point?

21. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Wow, that is impressive. Apple needs the wow factor this summer.

22. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

They have? I figured that they were not that popular and the only phone that I knew that could take front-facing were flip phone that used he extrnal display to show what the camra was looking at and even then that feature was rarely used so it was not really missed as the slider and candy bar style became the popular design again so front facing camra was dump as the would need to install 2 camras to allow frount facing use.

23. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

There are a few things I like about that phones specs to include the slightly larger screen.

Let's hope Apple understands the game has changed and others have not only caught up but are passing them in the cell phone category.

There are a few IF's with the new Sprint phone. Network, battery, price.
    I'm sure there are more but those are a few things.

24. CoreyMac macrumors regular

Its gonna take more than multitasking to keep me on board with the iPhone now. This thing is phenomenal on EVERY front. It even has HDMI and a kickstand!

25. CoreyMac macrumors regular

Everyone thought the HD2 was gonna be alot.....and its only $299 on TMobile. I Expect this to be similarly priced....maybe $349.99 is my guess.